Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2007   #1
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
The Wishlist Game

Now before I explain, let me say I understand we have a wishlist thread to post your ideas for GTA IV, but this is different (however, if a moderator wishes, you may close this thread, no big deal). Just wanted to start up a fun game to help kill the info-less periods.

Here's how this works. You post one single wish/idea that you would like to see in GTA IV. The following poster will reply with their opinion on the above wish/idea and give it a rating out of 5 (#/5). Here's a sample of what I'm saying:

------

Post 1: I think if you die in the game, you should stay dead forever and can't reload a saved game, you have to go buy a completely new game.

Post 2: I think your idea fucking sucks. 0/5

------

I think if you die in the game, you can rapidly tap a button and revive yourself, like you're giving yourself CPR.

Like that, hopefully with better ideas

I will start.

------

I'd love to see destructible environments. It's more realistic plus it makes it feel more like you're in a living, breathing city.
Old 04-09-2007   #2
Antonio Montana

Antonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura about
I rate this idea 5/5, because I want it to + add an opinion: this is very cool, because then I'll be able to crash a plane into the ESB!

My idea:
I would like R* to implant a system where you cannot walk on the streets with a weapon in your hand freely (whilst not on a mission) and if you don't hide it, the police gives you at least one star!
Antonio Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007   #3
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
It's an okay idea, the thing is it's one of those that makes the game too realistic, which with GTA is bad. Like I've said before GTA is about breaking the rules and getting away with stuff. It would kind of ruin the experience not being able to carry a gun around on the street without getting wanted. So I'd have to rate it 1/5 for GTA, but 5/5 as a realistic factor.
Old 04-09-2007   #4
Lucky
That Guy

Lucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of light
I'd like to be able to have a more complex hand-to-hand combat system than just click-and-block. The ability to grapple, block, counter-attack would be fun. Imagine running through the streets close-lining people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don
There's loads of other fish in the sea. Stay out of the whales. Fucking fatties.
Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007   #5
Sonikdude750
you cant handle the truth

Sonikdude750 is on a distinguished roadSonikdude750 is on a distinguished roadSonikdude750 is on a distinguished road
5/5. I've always wanted to have more fighting moves and styles.

I want there to be no load times when you go indoors, just press a button to open a door and everything's already loaded. Plus, with the destructible environments idea, maybe you can drive through walls into the inside of buildings.
Sonikdude750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007   #6
FG
CJ would be so proud

FG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to behold
5/5 I want a bounty hunter side mission
Old 04-09-2007   #7
Antonio Montana

Antonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura about
4/5 I want that too

An ability to go into the backseat of a car.. this would be also good for taxi driving and limo driving (to sit at the back and let the driver take you to places).
Antonio Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007   #8
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Guys, remember, you have to add your idea (JUST ONE) and remember to rate and critique the above's idea. I've noticed some of you haven't been
Old 04-09-2007   #9
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
3/5. The backseat would be somewhat pointless, but it might not be so bad if, after you told the person where to go, the screen goes black and you appear there (think the taxi in Vice City)

What GTA needs is advanced stealth and hiding system. At night you could hide in shadows and it would be a completely new way to play or get through the game e.g. The night should be darker than it has been previously, and you can distract enemy gang members by throwing bottles and bricks, also more stealth kills should be added.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007   #10
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Okay to get this completely back on track, next poster, reply to victims's idea.
Old 04-09-2007   #11
FG
CJ would be so proud

FG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Trashman
Okay to get this completely back on track, next poster, reply to victims's idea.
4/5 I've always wanted more stleath missions, that would kick.

I would want to see a new pastime mission improved, alot for sports; basket ball in SA was a wee bit to tiny in its design, but cool non the less.
Old 04-09-2007   #12
Tendercrisp
Hi.
Addicted Member

Tendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by victim
3/5. The backseat would be somewhat pointless, but it might not be so bad if, after you told the person where to go, the screen goes black and you appear there (think the taxi in Vice City)

What GTA needs is advanced stealth and hiding system. At night you could hide in shadows and it would be a completely new way to play or get through the game e.g. The night should be darker than it has been previously, and you can distract enemy gang members by throwing bottles and bricks, also more stealth kills should be added.
5/5. San Andreas' "Stealth missions" were mostly crap and just didn't cut it. I mean, I'm not asking for MGS or Splinter Cell, but something better would be nice.

I think that physics should be more realistic. By that, I mean no more being able to walk up steep hills as if you were on flat ground. If a hill is at a 45 degree angle from flat ground, your characters pace of walking up the hill should be slowed down a bit from that of flat ground, if it's snowing, you should be slowed down even more.

I also would like to see climbing implemented into IV. And this stuff should also apply to peds. I see a guy climbing up a ladder on the side of the building, I can get out and shoot him in the head, and watch as he falls lifeless to the ground below, first tilting his head forward (Given that you shot him from behind), then letting go of the bars, and then falling backwards, with the chance of his feet getting caught in the rungs of the ladder. If I shoot him in his hand, he should imediatelly cradle it next to his chest, with some of the blood staining his shirt, and some of it dripping from his hand, and he'll attempt to scramble up or down the ladder to get out of your sights before you shoot him again, also, he should do it one-handed.
Old 04-09-2007   #13
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

5/5 on both (even though you're only supposed to say 1 ) I believe with the new physics engine that is rumored to be used in GTA IV (although I think we can safely say it will happen) your ideas on how anything can affect the player physically are definitely possibilities. Climbing I'm sure will return, plus the addition of climbing ladders which was unfortunately left out of San Andreas.

Kids and wild animals. Adds to the realism, and that is all I want it for. Deer suddenlyruns out in the road at night, you hit it, deer dies, you've got a big dent on your Infernus. Children can be killed as anyone else in the game can, not to sound sick here, but I just want as many realistic "things" in the game that can be without ruining the fun of it.
Old 04-09-2007   #14
FG
CJ would be so proud

4/5 @ ST...I don't object to kids being in the game, but in SA when you kill a girlfriend, she would be lost for ever; as punishment...I guess. So would you approve of this for killing a kid ?

I would want some more realistic form of punishment, for doing a horrible crime. An not getting shot to death for merely bumping into a Cop. ....you get my drift ?

Last edited by FG; 04-09-2007 at 07:07 PM..
FG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007   #15
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Replying to your reply to my idea, the girlfriends were unique people in the game, random pedestrians are not, so you would see respawns of them anyway. I really don't have a problem with killing a digital kid

5/5, I would like to be able to pay a fine for minor, "1 star" crimes. Say you rear end a cop car, you can either pull over, try to outrun them, then pull over, or just try to completely out run them risking an exceeded wanted level. I'd like to see you going to jail too, but being able to either wait out the sentence or skip through it (like in Oblivion). I don't think ideas like these can in anyway disrupt and/or result in poor gamplay. In the end, it would all be the same as in previous GTAs, except you have options of what to do.

Cruise ships.. driving such massive boats around the water, and ability to be a passenger and explore the whole ship's ex/interior.. just amazing.