Old 04-08-2007   #1
lcvcsa
Banned
Banned

lcvcsa is an unknown quantity at this point
linear game

what would you guys do if you popped in the gta 4 disk and found out that it was a linear game. meaning that it was divided into different levels of driving and shooting, you weren't able to free roam, cutomize the character, go thru the city, and all the stuff you saw in the trailer was just cutscene.
lcvcsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007   #2
Nirvana 4 Life
Bmx 4 life

Nirvana 4 Life is an unknown quantity at this point
I hate linear games

Nirvana 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007   #3
lcvcsa
Banned
Banned

yeah but what would you do?
Old 04-08-2007   #4
Nirvana 4 Life
Bmx 4 life

Nirvana 4 Life is an unknown quantity at this point
Sell it even if it did happen.

Nirvana 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007   #5
pacCinHECKLER&K

I'd loose all respect for the game franchise and vow to never buy another gta title until they changed it bac. If R* couldnt see that, that would be a major step bac then truely the future of this franchise is in the hands of the wrong person, is doomed and will be going down the drain b4 we know it. because that is what has set GTA apart from any game in its genre the ability to free roam.
Old 04-08-2007   #6
Sonikdude750
you cant handle the truth

Sonikdude750 is on a distinguished roadSonikdude750 is on a distinguished roadSonikdude750 is on a distinguished road
Terrible idea, and Rockstar knows it. They're not stupid when it comes to gaming.

In the impossible even that it does happen, I'd just not buy it.

Last edited by Sonikdude750; 04-08-2007 at 09:07 PM..
Sonikdude750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007   #7
truekiller

truekiller is on a distinguished roadtruekiller is on a distinguished roadtruekiller is on a distinguished roadtruekiller is on a distinguished roadtruekiller is on a distinguished road
simple, it wouldnt happen, rockstar would not do that
truekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007   #8
billyboy_999

billyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by truekiller
simple, it wouldnt happen, rockstar would not do that
aye. I might not buy it, but I'd still play it, because it would still be fun.
billyboy_999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007   #9
lcvcsa
Banned
Banned

ok, let me add some to the equation:
-GTA 4 is a linear game
-GTA 4 has one radio station that has j-pop that you can listen to in the pause menu
-GTA 4 has five weapons- fist, handgun, shotgun, uzi, and ak 47
-GTA 4 does have driving, but only 3 driving missions
-GTA 4 has cj as a main character, but he's 16 years old
-GTA 4 is a platformer
-GTA 4 is rated T for teen
-GTA 4 is not made by rockstar at all, but EA games
Old 04-08-2007   #10
billyboy_999

billyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to behold
Now, I think you're being unrealistic.
Thats the kinda stuff a bored group of college student might be able to pull off in a summer.
billyboy_999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007   #11
Lucky
That Guy

Lucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of light
Rockstar has basically made it's name known by defining the 3D Sandbox genre. They would not simply abandon that for a game with no replay value.

Your second post was well... Just a list of terrible things for Rockstar to do. A platformer? No one even makes platformers any more. I love the old ones, but I would not pay for a new one. Driving on a platformer would be pretty useless aswell.

Overall, none of those things will happen.

Edit: Sorry if I seemed harsh in that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don
There's loads of other fish in the sea. Stay out of the whales. Fucking fatties.

Last edited by Lucky; 04-08-2007 at 10:25 PM..
Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007   #12
Edpymy

it should be illegal to assume something that is this extremely untrue. that's probably the worst hypothetical question i've ever heard. no offense to you, lcvsa, but to even pretend such a thing were true is just dumb. i'm more offended then i find this comical, i don't know why. what the hell, lol.
Old 04-08-2007   #13
cox
Certified Tester

cox is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcvcsa
ok, let me add some to the equation:
-GTA 4 is a linear game
-GTA 4 has one radio station that has j-pop that you can listen to in the pause menu
-GTA 4 has five weapons- fist, handgun, shotgun, uzi, and ak 47
-GTA 4 does have driving, but only 3 driving missions
-GTA 4 has cj as a main character, but he's 16 years old
-GTA 4 is a platformer
-GTA 4 is rated T for teen
-GTA 4 is not made by rockstar at all, but EA games
lol.

If GTAIV was a linear game I would clock it once, then toss the disc onto the road.
Old 04-09-2007   #14
lcvcsa
Banned
Banned

you guys have to realize that im just playing the "worst case scenario" game. i dont actually want ANY of these things to happen. but on that note, why not add a few more..
-GTA 4 is now a hybrid between the GTA series and "Fusion Frenzy"
-GTA 4 has guest voices including: Mandy Moore, Aaron Carter, Zac Efron, the girl from "Hannah Montanna", Tom Arnold, Mo'nique, and the guy who played the bag-loving drug dealer in "American Beauty".
-In addition to being a platformer, GTA 4 also has numerous "point and click adventure" sections, which are presented in a 2D setting, with text dialogue.
-GTA 4 is priced at $259.99
Old 04-09-2007   #15
Sonikdude750
you cant handle the truth

Sonikdude750 is on a distinguished roadSonikdude750 is on a distinguished roadSonikdude750 is on a distinguished road
Sorry man, but this is just getting stupid now. You asked what we would do if this happened, buy it or not buy it are our choices. It's quite obvious that noone would buy this. I don't know why you're contempt on adding stuff when it's so ludicrously out of proportions now. Noone would buy this, simple as that.
Sonikdude750 is offline   Reply With Quote