Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2007   #1
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Massive Advertisement.. Once Again By Rockstar

Article on Kotaku

Rockstar has done it again. Another one of their huge GTA advertisements covering the side of this NYC building. They had previously done this with San Andreas, except not in NYC.
Old 04-08-2007   #2
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Do you think Rockstar were regretting this when New York started to complain about the game? Imagine the exects "Well, if they don't like us now, they aint gonna like what we got planned next week".
They also done this with liberty City Stories, had the Boxart on a big building, I don't think it was in new York though, I'm not sure about Vice City Stories but they had Billboards over here in the UK for VCS.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007   #3
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Nah, Rockstar isn't like that. They do whatever they want regardless of what anyone else thinks. What could "New York" do to them anyway?
Old 04-08-2007   #4
Havok
Oh please, no.

Havok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to behold
R* are the Rockstars of video game, they do what they want and they don't care what people on top say, they do it for the people.
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007   #5
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Ha! Very good, and true, way to look at it
Old 04-08-2007   #6
DJ Nick
Hellloooo

DJ Nick will become famous soon enoughDJ Nick will become famous soon enoughDJ Nick will become famous soon enoughDJ Nick will become famous soon enoughDJ Nick will become famous soon enoughDJ Nick will become famous soon enoughDJ Nick will become famous soon enough
Rockstar are really going out of their way to get the news to everyone.
They must be really proud of GTA IV
Old 04-08-2007   #7
teh_sheeep
yeh.

teh_sheeep is a jewel in the roughteh_sheeep is a jewel in the roughteh_sheeep is a jewel in the roughteh_sheeep is a jewel in the roughteh_sheeep is a jewel in the roughteh_sheeep is a jewel in the roughteh_sheeep is a jewel in the roughteh_sheeep is a jewel in the roughteh_sheeep is a jewel in the roughteh_sheeep is a jewel in the roughteh_sheeep is a jewel in the rough
thats not massive. they have a bigger one for bully on canal st.
Old 04-08-2007   #8
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Nick
Rockstar are really going out of their way to get the news to everyone.
They must be really proud of GTA IV
Well as I said, they've done this in the past for other games
Old 04-08-2007   #9
DJ Nick
Hellloooo

DJ Nick will become famous soon enoughDJ Nick will become famous soon enoughDJ Nick will become famous soon enoughDJ Nick will become famous soon enoughDJ Nick will become famous soon enoughDJ Nick will become famous soon enoughDJ Nick will become famous soon enough
Yeah, but not as big as this, atleast not as much i've seen
Old 04-08-2007   #10
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Yeah true, I mean they've never advertised on TV 7 months before a game is released. This can only mean we can expect great things from this game, as we've all basically assumed already.
Old 04-08-2007   #11
pacCinHECKLER&K

YESSSIRR! R* is good about massive advertisementz especially when they've got something to shoc the world with something we've never seen before. I live here in Los Angeles and i will tell you in 04' when SA was scheduled to be released in oct. me and my friend were walking from 7/11 one morning at about 2:30 am mid summer and we discovered a street team full of poster boyz putting up giant SA posters everywhere and they gave me and my friend one, i mean like this poster was a huge almost 4 feet high, not to mention giant ad'z they put downtown on the side of wide buildings like the one ST posted. But this is the first time R* has started this early, and i dont think we should take this light.
Old 04-08-2007   #12
Lord Splash

Nice ad, hopefully more to come
Old 04-08-2007   #13
Sonikdude750
you cant handle the truth

Sonikdude750 is on a distinguished roadSonikdude750 is on a distinguished roadSonikdude750 is on a distinguished road
Damn that's a big ad. It's true though, we usually don't get ads/info/trailers this early. This is probably because they're excited what GTA IV has to offer.
Sonikdude750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007   #14
X-reS
Looks better in real life.

X-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to behold
Cool, I hope it can live to the hype. I hope they get sky writers.
Old 04-08-2007   #15
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Hahaha, now that would be damn cool, and probably the most original way of advertising ever, and would draw literally everyone's attention (in the area in which the skywriting is done).