Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2007   #1
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
GTA IV Advertisements?

Check this video out Click

Don't watch, listen. Sounds really GTA style to me. If this is real, these are some great bands that it looks like we'll be hearing on GTA IV radio stations

Source: GTAForums
Old 04-07-2007   #2
BigMike

BigMike is on a distinguished roadBigMike is on a distinguished roadBigMike is on a distinguished roadBigMike is on a distinguished road
Good Find Slim...Really Good find it seems believeable to me
BigMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007   #3
zombienm
Ex-Dead Mod

zombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to behold
No, I've heard that before somewhere, a long long time ago.
Old 04-07-2007   #4
monkio
I am A monkey Yo

monkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enough
would that be just the song that would be linked to game, or would some of those statment be related as well.

Ex: the comment on about the wild bore [Perhaps they will put larger animals in]
monkio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007   #5
Havok
Oh please, no.

Havok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to behold
the guy asking about a pricecheck sounds like Lazlow, and most of those songs were from Circa 2003 or 2004, i wonder if thats when it takes place, but i highly doubt that its legit, they talk about FedEx and AOL.

Last edited by Havok; 04-07-2007 at 10:46 PM..
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007   #6
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombienm
No, I've heard that before somewhere, a long long time ago.
Where'd you hear it before zombie?

@alex, The trailer has given us enough clues to confirm the game takes place modern day 2007 (possibly 2006 at the least). And yeah I agree that they wouldn't be talking about real services, etc. Just thought I would post it for the hell of it and see what you guys think.
Old 04-08-2007   #7
zombienm
Ex-Dead Mod

zombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to behold
I don't remember actually...but it was a really, really long time ago. But I do know I heard it before. 100% positive I have.
Old 04-08-2007   #8
The top Don

The top Don is an unknown quantity at this point
ads usually contain clips of the trailer for GTA games

Last edited by The top Don; 04-08-2007 at 02:11 AM..
The top Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007   #9
Comeback209

Comeback209 is on a distinguished roadComeback209 is on a distinguished roadComeback209 is on a distinguished road
I'm gonna say no. I heard AOL on there. Although i would like Beasty Boys on the soundtrack
Comeback209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007   #10
Macey
Registered Whore

Macey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud of
All the songs on there are within the last few years (Franz Ferdinand, Yellowcard, The Offspring...) so I wouldn't be surprised if this is real, as IV looks to be set around the same time those songs were released.
Old 04-08-2007   #11
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
Pros:
Some of the voices (including Lazlow ofcourse) are definately from previous GTA's.

Cons:
This may be something non-GTA that Lazlow's production company did for something else, especially since Zombiennm has heard it before.
Also, most of those songs I think were singles and going by previous soundtracks they don't usually just have a soundtrack made up of hit singles.

EDIT: I just noticed it mentions the Red Hot Chilli Peppers "Recently released Greatest Hits Album". That album was released in November 2003... so it's not that recent now. Either GTAIV is set in ~2004 or it's not for GTAIV or the use of the word "recently" is a bit streched.

Last edited by Jimmy_86; 04-08-2007 at 09:12 AM..
Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007   #12
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Made some good points there, Jimmy. I'm convinced that this isn't GTA IV. Feel free to keep discussing this everyone, if you wish.
Old 04-08-2007   #13
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
It'd be ok if it was GTAIV, but I guess the evidence is leaning away from that. It's definately that Dan Houser/Lazlow humor though, a cool listen whether it's GTAIV or not!
Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007   #14
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
This is weird, from that it definetly points to 2006. BUT it mentions AOL, they never do that, they use made up companies, this sound likes a production reel from Lazlow as he does work for other companies and does commercials.
Plus, correct me if I'm wrong, but megaMart, Russian Bride and the Camping one are all available at lazlows Website.

Edit: Here...

Russian Bride
MegaMart
Summer Camp

Courtesy of Lazlow.com

Last edited by Ash_735; 04-08-2007 at 09:25 AM..
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007   #15
Skript

Skript is an unknown quantity at this point
Wtf is with all the shit music.. I know they have to make it mainstreamy to fit in with the fanbases general taste but seriously.... Yellowcard, NFG and Dashboard Confesional too name a few emo bands. need more metal..
Skript is offline   Reply With Quote