Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2007   #1
Stu

Stu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enough
If you could have only ONE character from GTA 3 in GTA 4, who would it be?

We don't know yet if this is going to be a continuation or a total reboot of the series but let's forget that and say, which character, dead or alive, would you like to see back in this game, and specify any sort of storyline you'd like to see with them if you want.

I personally want Asuka Kasen back. I want it to be set after GTA3, and revealed that Asuka survived her attack by Catalina, but while she was recovering, the Yakuza lost most of their footing in the city, and with the help of her new "handyman", she's going to take back control.
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007   #2
Lucky
That Guy

Lucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of light
That is a good idea. I thought that Ray was an interesting character, but he was already in Liberty City Stories so he would have been overused.

Your idea sounds interesting, but it's also very similar to other storylines. I would prefer something different, not just another rise-to-power overthrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don
There's loads of other fish in the sea. Stay out of the whales. Fucking fatties.
Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007   #3
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

oppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond repute
I want Donald Love to come back.

grimmy is a gay icon
oppar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007   #4
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
That is a good idea. I thought that Ray was an interesting character, but he was already in Liberty City Stories so he would have been overused.
He appeared in two mission cutscenes being pissed off at Leon, I'd hardly say that's over-using him.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007   #5
Stu

Stu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky

Your idea sounds interesting, but it's also very similar to other storylines. I would prefer something different, not just another rise-to-power overthrow.
Actually, if I could use TWO characters, I'd have Asuka finding out her brother's death was ordered by Donald Love, and there's a war between the Yakuza and his organisation, which ends with Asuka destroying whatever it was that was in the box in GTA 3, making Donald either go catatonic, or kill himself.
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007   #6
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
I don't want any returning characters, Rockstar have said themselves everything is new. However, if I could pick, I'd say Claude or Salvatore (even though he was killed before the GTA IV time).
Old 04-07-2007   #7
Him

Him will become famous soon enoughHim will become famous soon enoughHim will become famous soon enoughHim will become famous soon enoughHim will become famous soon enoughHim will become famous soon enoughHim will become famous soon enough
When did they say that?? links plz. anywho I want Donald Love, but since someone already said that, I want Joey Leone back except now as the Boss of the Leone family.
Old 04-07-2007   #8
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Him
When did they say that?? links plz. anywho I want Donald Love, but since someone already said that, I want Joey Leone back except now as the Boss of the Leone family.
You don't really need a link do ya, just look at the GTA IV trailer, can you honestly say that's the same Liberty City?
Old 04-07-2007   #9
PicoDeath

PicoDeath is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu
We don't know yet if this is going to be a continuation or a total reboot of the series but let's forget that and say, which character, dead or alive, would you like to see back in this game, and specify any sort of storyline you'd like to see with them if you want.

I personally want Asuka Kasen back. I want it to be set after GTA3, and revealed that Asuka survived her attack by Catalina, but while she was recovering, the Yakuza lost most of their footing in the city, and with the help of her new "handyman", she's going to take back control.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Trashman
I don't want any returning characters, Rockstar have said themselves everything is new. However, if I could pick, I'd say Claude or Salvatore (even though he was killed before the GTA IV time).
I read this too.

But, if anyone could come back i'd pick Claude/8-Ball.

[ Sign up to my forums! | 360 Gamercards ]
PicoDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007   #10
Him

Him will become famous soon enoughHim will become famous soon enoughHim will become famous soon enoughHim will become famous soon enoughHim will become famous soon enoughHim will become famous soon enoughHim will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ash_735
You don't really need a link do ya, just look at the GTA IV trailer, can you honestly say that's the same Liberty City?
i never said it was the same city, i just asked for proof of rockstar saying everything will be new. if the city is keeping the name then already they've contradicted themselves. if they recreate the city differently but in the spirit of the original, whos to say the personalities we all love won't return.
Old 04-07-2007   #11
Cutts
Omniscient
Addicted Member

Cutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud of
I want Candy. She was fairly hot for a pixel.
Cutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007   #12
FG
CJ would be so proud

FG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to behold
Cluade , maybe misty or one of the other female characters; maybe Akuza.

Last edited by FG; 04-07-2007 at 01:59 PM..
FG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007   #13
Ash_735

Quote:
Originally Posted by Him
if the city is keeping the name then already they've contradicted themselves. if they recreate the city differently but in the spirit of the original, whos to say the personalities we all love won't return.
they have the same name, not technically the same place, look at GTA1, Liberty City, Vice City and San Andreas are completely different in that saga, GTA2 wasn't connected to GTA1, and GTA3 wasn't connected to GTA2 apart from the main characters name and a small refernec to a company (The Zaibatsu, biggest company and gang in GTA2, small radio commercial about their new small time drug store in GTA3), El Burro returned but was not actually seen in the game and had a different voice and personality. If they are following the trend, the GTA4 won't be connected to GTA3, just a few small references. this is another reboot, just that some people find it harder to believe because they have got used to the maps from the GTA3 saga.
Old 04-07-2007   #14
Him

I only find it hard to believe because there is no conclusive evidence that says because R* changed the map they totally changed the universe and mythology that already exists, stating what happened in the past does not make the future certain. Trends can end.

Last edited by Him; 04-07-2007 at 02:17 PM..
Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007   #15
Cutts
Omniscient
Addicted Member

Cutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireGod
Cluade , maybe misty or one of the other female characters; maybe Akuza.
Thats the one. Not Candy.... Misty.
Cutts is offline   Reply With Quote