Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2007   #1
Himuro
These boots are made for walking

Himuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura about
Less mini games and collectathons please

I see a lot of people want more mini games.

I don't. The mini games have gotten more ridiculous over time, which is one of the reasons I prefer GTAIII to SA. The stupid rhythm mini games need to stop, for example. They aren't GTA, and they're almost always easy as f*ck and crappy. It's the primary reason I think Bully has horrible level (mission) design.

Most of the mini games in GTA are absolutely horrible. Basketball in SA for example was useless and a waste of time. The mini games almost always suck compared to the real meat of the game.

This gets me to my next point: LESS COLLECTATHONS. San Andreas amped it up to absolutely ridiculous proportions with stupid things to collect. Horse shoes, clams, AND tags? All we need are hidden packages.
Himuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007   #2
Wando

Wando is an unknown quantity at this point
IMO, mini-games can stay but they shouldn't be necessary to complete to complete the storyline..Kinda like the ball in a pool in VC.
Wando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007   #3
Himuro

Himuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura about
I hate those rhythm mini games.
Old 04-06-2007   #4
Sonikdude750
you cant handle the truth

Sonikdude750 is on a distinguished roadSonikdude750 is on a distinguished roadSonikdude750 is on a distinguished road
I think they should keep them, but if they're gonna have a lot then don't make it necessary for 100% completion. The main game at times may get a little old, and having these random things to do gives it more replayability.
Sonikdude750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007   #5
GTAmissions.com
Amateur Member

GTAmissions.com is on a distinguished roadGTAmissions.com is on a distinguished roadGTAmissions.com is on a distinguished roadGTAmissions.com is on a distinguished roadGTAmissions.com is on a distinguished road
I don't really care as long as they're optional! I understand that some people like them, so why take them out for some people's sake when those people can simply choose not to do them!?

mm mmmmmmm
GTAmissions.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007   #6
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

oppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond repute
exactly gtamissions. I dislike the dancing one but I love the hydraulics mini game in SA.

I would like mini games to stay but do not make them compulsory.

grimmy is a gay icon
oppar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007   #7
Dex

Dex is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Himuro
I see a lot of people want more mini games.

This gets me to my next point: LESS COLLECTATHONS. San Andreas amped it up to absolutely ridiculous proportions with stupid things to collect. Horse shoes, clams, AND tags? All we need are hidden packages.
But all those things pretty much are the hidden packages just slightly different. There's only more of them because there's more cities.

The only mini games that bugged me were the delivering "drugs" on the faggio before you could own certain property and the valet missions. I didn't mind having to work to earn the property it's just that they were way too long and repetitve. I don't really like the taxi, ambulance, and fire missions but you don't really get much for beating them so I just don't do them.
Old 04-06-2007   #8
BigMike

BigMike is on a distinguished roadBigMike is on a distinguished roadBigMike is on a distinguished roadBigMike is on a distinguished road
I don't mind the mini games as well as the collections..It makes getting 100 Percent that much more difficult to get..
Old 04-06-2007   #9
walter
An offer you can't refuse

walter will become famous soon enoughwalter will become famous soon enoughwalter will become famous soon enoughwalter will become famous soon enoughwalter will become famous soon enoughwalter will become famous soon enoughwalter will become famous soon enoughwalter will become famous soon enough
I don't mind the mini games. I enjoy playing arcade games when I go to a club or a 7-11. The hydraulics mini game was fun too, as static said. But I do agree with you, some must go.
Old 04-06-2007   #10
BigMike

BigMike is on a distinguished roadBigMike is on a distinguished roadBigMike is on a distinguished roadBigMike is on a distinguished road
Well hopefully they get replaced by more entertaining mini games..
Old 04-06-2007   #11
Himuro

But that's the thing. In SA it didn't make getting 100% more difficult, just more tedious. GTAIII's difficult. Some of the phone missions in particular.
Old 04-06-2007   #12
BigMike

I thought SA was pretty difficult...Those bike races were a pain in the ass..And yes..GTA 3 was the hardest to get 100 Percent in out of all the games..I want to see the achievement for getting 100 Percent in GTA 4
Old 04-06-2007   #13
Himuro

I didn't think SA was difficult at all. In fact, I feel the series has gotten easier and easier as time has gone by.
Old 04-06-2007   #14
Sonikdude750
you cant handle the truth

Sonikdude750 is on a distinguished roadSonikdude750 is on a distinguished roadSonikdude750 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Himuro
But that's the thing. In SA it didn't make getting 100% more difficult, just more tedious. GTAIII's difficult. Some of the phone missions in particular.
GTA III had some ridiculously hard side-missions. Especially some of the rampages. They fine tuned them and dumbed them down for VC though.
Sonikdude750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007   #15
billyboy_999

billyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to behold
III was definitly the hardest out of all for me. But 100% implies skill as well as dedication. There needs to be a good mix of hard stuff and tedious stuff. III was just hard, not very tedious (except for taxi maybe), VC had it easier but a little more tedious. I don't think SA was as tedious and easy as you guys are making it out to be though, don't tell me you beat the NRG 500 thing in less than an 30 minutes...

And more really random minigames like VC's ball in the pool would be cool

Last edited by billyboy_999; 04-06-2007 at 04:07 PM..
billyboy_999 is offline   Reply With Quote