Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2007   #1
Cpt_Chris
Amateur Member

Cpt_Chris is on a distinguished roadCpt_Chris is on a distinguished road
GTA IV / Saints Row comparison video

i found this on gametrailers...sorry if someone already posted (kinda interesting)

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.p...e=mov&id=18305
Cpt_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007   #2
Sonikdude750
you cant handle the truth

Sonikdude750 is on a distinguished roadSonikdude750 is on a distinguished roadSonikdude750 is on a distinguished road
Haha, and GTA IV looks so much nicer than SR. I don't know, most island city games like this have the same kind of basic layout, you see this kind of scenery in a lot of games.
Sonikdude750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007   #3
Jay
(V) (;,,;) (V)
Wicked Member

Jay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond repute
I dont understand why they compared GTAIV to SR.

By the time GTAIV gets release, Saints Row will be a year older then it.

Or was it just a location comparison?
Old 04-06-2007   #4
Himuro
These boots are made for walking

Himuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura about
Genre comparison. It's neat to see how far the genre has come in terms of visuals. After all the genre isn't really known for it's visuals due to the big environments.
Himuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007   #5
Nirvana 4 Life
Bmx 4 life

Nirvana 4 Life is an unknown quantity at this point
Old video, and the comparison is terrible. Not even the same game company.

Nirvana 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007   #6
will99
Banned
Banned

will99 is on a distinguished roadwill99 is on a distinguished roadwill99 is on a distinguished roadwill99 is on a distinguished roadwill99 is on a distinguished road
Well SR looks brilliant on the 360 but not as good as GTA IIII, GTA 4 gets my vote....just!
will99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007   #7
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana 4 Life
Old video, and the comparison is terrible. Not even the same game company.
How old could it be? The trailer was released a week ago, and I've never heard of comparisons betweens 2 games by the same company.

Cpt Chirs, thanks for posting, interesting to compare nonetheless.
Old 04-06-2007   #8
Nirvana 4 Life
Bmx 4 life

Nirvana 4 Life is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Trashman
How old could it be? The trailer was released a week ago, and I've never heard of comparisons betweens 2 games by the same company.

Cpt Chirs, thanks for posting, interesting to compare nonetheless.
Gta 3 GTA 4. And this has been posted before.

Nirvana 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007   #9
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Yeah but you only compare different games from two different companies to see whose made the better looking game. And this was the first time I've seen this, so I missed the other thread it was posted in previously.
Old 04-06-2007   #10
BigMike

BigMike is on a distinguished roadBigMike is on a distinguished roadBigMike is on a distinguished roadBigMike is on a distinguished road
GTA has Saints in the visual department...Saints Row never looked that great anyways..
Old 04-06-2007   #11
billyboy_999

billyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to behold
Agreed... SR looks like utter crap compared to the IV trailer
But cool video, must have missed the first one posted.
billyboy_999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007   #12
PicoDeath

PicoDeath is an unknown quantity at this point
Saint's row isn't even in the same league as GTA.

[ Sign up to my forums! | 360 Gamercards ]
PicoDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007   #13
BigMike

BigMike is on a distinguished roadBigMike is on a distinguished roadBigMike is on a distinguished roadBigMike is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Saint's row isn't even in the same league as GTA.
WELLL...I wouldnt go so far as to say that...because after all Saints Row was a very sucessful sand box style game..But I guess what you're saying is that Saints Row doesn't have the distinct reputation that GTA does
Old 04-07-2007   #14
BC Rich

BC Rich has much to be proud ofBC Rich has much to be proud ofBC Rich has much to be proud ofBC Rich has much to be proud ofBC Rich has much to be proud ofBC Rich has much to be proud ofBC Rich has much to be proud ofBC Rich has much to be proud ofBC Rich has much to be proud ofBC Rich has much to be proud ofBC Rich has much to be proud of
Saints Row was a brilliant game. They blew GTA out with the character creation feature.
Old 04-07-2007   #15
FG
CJ would be so proud

FG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to behold
sand box is sandbox, SR was fun. IV will most likely be more fun; variety is a good thing. I'll have both to enjoy in diffrenant ways. I like sandbox games