Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2007   #16
Lucky
That Guy

Lucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of light
I think what he's trying to show is a little more detail of the map, so you can kind of build a map for yourself, landmarking and than extrapolating. Either way, thanks for sharing with us, some people might enjoy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don
There's loads of other fish in the sea. Stay out of the whales. Fucking fatties.
Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007   #17
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

oppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond repute
I can see what you mean. The boat is in between 2 islands.

grimmy is a gay icon
oppar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007   #18
Nirvana 4 Life
Bmx 4 life

Nirvana 4 Life is an unknown quantity at this point
Yea I was trying to show where the boat was relative to the rest of the map, but then the smart asses showed up.

Nirvana 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007   #19
Cutts
Omniscient
Addicted Member

Cutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike
??? I don't get it

Yea...they are both the same ships..who cares?
I don't get it Mike. Why do you have to say something nasty in every post? You could say something nice, but you don't. If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all ok?
Cutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007   #20
BigMike

BigMike is on a distinguished roadBigMike is on a distinguished roadBigMike is on a distinguished roadBigMike is on a distinguished road
I'm just saying I don't get it...

I know the boats are the same boats..and knowing this will barely give you an idea of the map...

I would understand if you had like 10 different pictures of the boat...at different angles to show its relative location..but just two pictures...not enough

And...if you want to single me out please do it in a PM instead of in a post that doesn't contribute to the topic..
Old 04-06-2007   #21
billyboy_999

billyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to behold
And we don't know if ships can move around and stuff yet. But if they can't, its kinda pointless (doesn't reveal that much about the map) but still cool.
billyboy_999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007   #22
.:nemesis:.
Wicked Member

.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by PastorRichardsFanatic
I don't get it Mike. Why do you have to say something nasty in every post? You could say something nice, but you don't. If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all ok?
He did nothing like that and you are not a moderator, if you have a problem with the contents of a post you report it.
Quote:
I think everyone knew it was the same one. There can only be one ship with a big funnel. Good Job though.
Where is your proof that there are no more ships with a big funnel in the whole game.
.:nemesis:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007   #23
BigMike

BigMike is on a distinguished roadBigMike is on a distinguished roadBigMike is on a distinguished roadBigMike is on a distinguished road
Quote:
And we don't know if ships can move around and stuff yet. But if they can't, its kinda pointless (doesn't reveal that much about the map) but still cool.
Exactly...Finally some sense...You can't use moveable objects as landmarks..and the location of the boat seen in the beginning of the trailer seems to be in a different location..

EDIT: Wait I take that back...It appears to be in the same location...

But even so..That gives you very little idea of what the map is like

Last edited by BigMike; 04-06-2007 at 03:59 PM..
BigMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007   #24
Nirvana 4 Life
Bmx 4 life

Quote:
Exactly...Finally some sense...You can't use moveable objects as landmarks..and the location of the boat seen in the beginning of the trailer seems to be in a different location..

EDIT: Wait I take that back...It appears to be in the same location...

But even so..That gives you very little idea of what the map is like
Combined with the rest of the trailer and you can actually make a decent map. Almost every shot has buildings that have been used in past shots, so you can piece it together from there. Use some sense please. And that boat looks like those boats in GTA 3 and GTA Sa, they're too big to move. just stationary landmarks.

Old 04-07-2007   #25
ska
Wearing my rolex

ska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond repute
This is actually a really nice find.
ska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007   #26
BigMike

I actually have to disagree with you Nirvana..because we don't know the scale size of the map yet..so..with the rest of the trailer..maybe a tiny small idea thats all..And I used sense there..also...next gen could have us driving these huge boats around...or atleast they move around
Old 04-07-2007   #27
Nirvana 4 Life
Bmx 4 life

Quote:
I actually have to disagree with you Nirvana..because we don't know the scale size of the map yet..so..with the rest of the trailer..maybe a tiny small idea thats all..And I used sense there..also...next gen could have us driving these huge boats around...or atleast they move around
Disagreeing that you can make a map with the trailer?

Old 04-07-2007   #28
FG
CJ would be so proud

FG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to behold
Its a good bet, large ships will move. Just speculating; this new technology R* has could make it so. Lets just hope.
Old 04-07-2007   #29
Nirvana 4 Life
Bmx 4 life

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireGod
Its a good bet, large ships will move. Just speculating; this new technology R* has could make it so. Lets just hope.
That would be cool to see ships move in and out, but this ship appears to be not moving in the trailer.

Old 04-07-2007   #30
BigMike

Ok..But that doesnt mean that it won't move..And yes I do disagree on the fact that you can map a game from its trailer...especially when it was only a teaser about 1 minute long