Don't know. 4 9.52%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2007   #1
mrdie
Member of the Past

mrdie is on a distinguished roadmrdie is on a distinguished road
Should police behavior be modified?

As we all know, police behavior in the GTA games isn't exactly realistic. Smash into a policeman's car, and he takes out a pistol and shoots at you/beats the shit out of you.

Therefore, I propose this:

1. "Minor" offenses (EG. Smashing someones car, carjacking)

Police should get out of their car/off bikes, and should try to force you out of the car and arrest you. If you get out of the car or whatever you're on, they should try and tackle you to the ground. If you do anything violent, they use their batons. If you start using real violence (AKA: Shoot at them, run them over, beat them to death), then they use weapons.

2. Offenses (Beating someone up, etc)

Police beat you up, but do not use pistols. They still focus on tackling you down to the ground.

3. Serious Offenses (Walking up to someone and shooting them in the head)

Police take out pistol and threaten to shoot, they try and organize around you and try to tackle you. Otherwise, they open fire or use batons. Aim at them or fire off your gun in general and they will do the same.

4. Anathema (Shoot at police)

"Die mother fucker!" with minimal attempt to take you in alive.

Also, their mood should change depending on the situation. Let's say you committed anathema and shot a police officer, but after a while you run out of ammo. Now police should focus on arresting you alive instead of staying in "Die mother fucker!" mode.

Also, maybe in certain cases that are very minor, the police can just give you a minor ticket and your wanted level goes away. But that can get annoying if not done correctly.

Last edited by mrdie; 04-05-2007 at 12:31 AM..
Old 04-05-2007   #2
pacCinHECKLER&K

more realistic sounds good to me like i dont agree that police should just know where the hell you are at all times on the map if you get like 3 stars or something. I beleive that if you loose police for about 5 to 10 seconds max then your starz should drop. Gta shouldnt make the pay n spray or cheats the only way to survive and get the cops off you

Old 04-05-2007   #3
mrdie
Member of the Past

In that way, police helicopters could act like the real deal and actually try to find you rather than know where you are. And only at later levels (Level 4? 5?) do they get turrents that fire at you.
Old 04-05-2007   #4
Gupi
In the hizzouse

Gupi is on a distinguished roadGupi is on a distinguished roadGupi is on a distinguished roadGupi is on a distinguished road
Like i said in the other thread, the whole AI is basically getting an overhaul due to Euphoria, so its not a question of should the police get smarter than before, its how much smarter do Rockstar want to make them. Not overly too much since it wont be fun if they kill you within seconds of commiting a crime, but not too easy either like before.

To be honest though, i just cant wait to see it first hand.
Old 04-05-2007   #5
Fat Man Jim
Newbie Member

Fat Man Jim is an unknown quantity at this point
i think it pretty kool if they gave you tickets for speeding
Old 04-05-2007   #6
Marty
Top Tier
Newbie Member

Marty is an unknown quantity at this point
It would have to be very well done. I still want to be able to blaze around in some kind of monster and not have to worry about the fuzz.
Old 04-05-2007   #7
swallowed

swallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really nice
The Police Behaviour would be way better like that, I didn't like the fact that if a Police Car ran into you, you would get a wanted level sometimes for not even trying to hit them.
Old 04-05-2007   #8
Marty
Top Tier
Newbie Member

I agree. That was as dumb as hell.
Old 04-05-2007   #9
mrdie
Member of the Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Man Jim
i think it pretty kool if they gave you tickets for speeding
That's going a bit too far IMHO.

As a note, they should make being arrested a better choice than dying. I don't know how, but yeah. (It's been a while since I played, but IIRC there was no real difference between dying and getting arrested)

Last edited by mrdie; 04-05-2007 at 05:09 AM..
Old 04-05-2007   #10
Marty
Top Tier
Newbie Member

I'm pretty sure he means if they catch you.
Old 04-05-2007   #11
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

oppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond repute
Those are very good ideas. and besides, the star scheme is so...last gen

grimmy is a gay icon
Old 04-05-2007   #12
ivar87
CLOVER ROCKER
Amateur Member

ivar87 is an unknown quantity at this point
The police system just HAS to change.
But I'm sure R* would do it even when no one would suggest it.
Old 04-05-2007   #13
FG
CJ would be so proud

FG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5tatic
Yes, this has always been the dumbest thing in GTA, new Gen. will be differant I'm sure; R* will take advantage of the new technolgy in front of them. Wanted levels will be delault with this time around; to see how they do it will be interesting.
Old 04-05-2007   #14
Himuro
These boots are made for walking

Himuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura about
Minor offenses like smashing a car or driving too fast are stupid and will take the fun out of the game. I don't think that is what the series needs. What it needs however, is better police AI. I don't want cops spawning every goddamn block and it's ridiculous that cops always recognize me on sight when I've got stars. I want chases to be dynamic. The problem with cop chases in GTA is that they always play out the same and it's impossible to deter them. I'd like to use stealth if cops are after me. If a cop isn't near by and I do a crime, I should not have any stars at all. If a cop does see me do a crime, I should be able to delay the inevitable cop swarm by taking out his radio as he calls in.

Those are the type of police enhancements the series should have imo.

Your suggestions I completely agree with, but they're already implemented. Cops don't use weapons unless you use a weapon, for example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5tatic
Wow. I didn't even think of this. What if R* got rid of the star systems all together?

Last edited by Himuro; 04-05-2007 at 09:04 AM..
Old 04-05-2007   #15
Pale2hall

Pale2hall is on a distinguished roadPale2hall is on a distinguished roadPale2hall is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacCinHECKLER&K
more realistic sounds good to me like i dont agree that police should just know where the hell you are at all times on the map if you get like 3 stars or something. I beleive that if you loose police for about 5 to 10 seconds max then your starz should drop. Gta shouldnt make the pay n spray or cheats the only way to survive and get the cops off you
sounds like driver
Closed Thread