Old 06-30-2007   #196
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
Look at the fast reaction of this lady. As soon Niko bails off the car, she gives a quick stare at him. The explosion, taking over the whole screen, discontinued her rest reaction to be visible to us.

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/8...eactionhf3.gif
Asif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007   #197
Duke Lion

Duke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really nice
Great find asif!

Here is the car crash phexitol mentioned earlier. The car doesn't appear to take damage (I'm not sure, but it looks like the bonnet bends a little?), but you can clearly see that the suspension is affected by the crash.

Duke Lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007   #198
Phil
"When in doubt, C4"

Phil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of light
anyone spotted the missing sideview mirror when we see niko inside the car?!

it looks like he's traveling down a tube (red grid)
Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007   #199
Duke Lion

Duke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil
anyone spotted the missing sideview mirror when we see niko inside the car?!

it looks like he's traveling down a tube (red grid)
Where in the trailer is this?

btw, if you look at the scene where the NOOSE guys move across the screen, you will see that none of the police officers that have surrounded the bank make the slightest movement.

A guy looking at clothes (he doesn't move). nice touch:

Last edited by Duke Lion; 06-30-2007 at 11:47 AM..
Duke Lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007   #200
Dr_Jesus
Newbie Member

Dr_Jesus is an unknown quantity at this point
Perhaps this means more than it seems to, but everyone seems to be referring to the weapon that Niko fires into the red car as an AK-47.
In fact, it appears to be a modified AKS-47. After quite a bit of research, most of it pointing to an American stock on an old Russian rifle, this is the conclusion I've come to.
Just for the sake of speculation, perhaps Rockstar has included different gun models. Such as more than one 9mm or AK.

Edit: Of course, the barrel is a bit longer than that of the AKS. I'd almost say an M64 Yugoslavian adaptation of the AK-47, but that would make it too short...
Customizable guns perhaps? I suppose it's a possibility, though it's unlikely.
One thing I can say is, I'd love to see our protagonist adjust the folding stock.

Last edited by Dr_Jesus; 06-30-2007 at 12:23 PM..
Dr_Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007   #201
CaveManta
CJ's Unknown Brother

CaveManta is an unknown quantity at this point
I've noticed two different signs from both trailers that are similar. Remember the sign that you thought was Claude holding an assault rifle? It seems to be the same guy (Because of the color of his clothes) as in the sign that says "*Something* Weapons X on the first trailer.

Picture that Statistic posted:

Weapons X:

Hmm.. I don't have the HD versions of the trailers.. But it WAS confirmed that the blurry "Claude" picture was from a camcorder ad, but it just reminded me so much of the "Weapons X" advertisement.

And Niko's phone.. It might be the Nano 360 model. But what if it is a "Whiz" model?

Last edited by CaveManta; 06-30-2007 at 01:36 PM..
CaveManta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007   #202
RobKellas
Cant wait for IV :D

RobKellas is on a distinguished roadRobKellas is on a distinguished road

Didersachs making a return?
RobKellas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007   #203
CaveManta
CJ's Unknown Brother

GO GO Space Monkey Returns?

Old 06-30-2007   #204
RobKellas
Cant wait for IV :D

RobKellas is on a distinguished roadRobKellas is on a distinguished road
By the looks of that screen, i'd say pool returns, too.
RobKellas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007   #205
Lettermaniac
To Die For
Veteran Member

Lettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really nice
Go Go Space Monkey and Didier Sachs have already been noticed.

@ Cavemanta, maybe we'll be able to purchase different phones for Niko.
Lettermaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007   #206
CaveManta
CJ's Unknown Brother

Ahh, that would be cool to buy different phones that had more features. That'd be cool if when you keep the first phone you get, the storyline changes because you lose reception on an important call, which otherwise would've been different if you bought a better phone.
Old 06-30-2007   #207
gta4crazy1
zane

gta4crazy1 is on a distinguished roadgta4crazy1 is on a distinguished roadgta4crazy1 is on a distinguished road
haha, then you can be like " Can you hear me now....... good" hahahahahahaha
gta4crazy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007   #208
CaveManta
CJ's Unknown Brother

Haha, they should make an easter egg of those commercials.

I hate how none of the cars have license plate numbers so far. I hope that like there are lots of license plate number easter eggs, like on San Andreas.
Old 07-01-2007   #209
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
Shadow of a train, most possibly. (45th Second)

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/2861/shadowpn6.gif
Asif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007   #210
Phil
"When in doubt, C4"

Phil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of light
Missing Textures/Models

@ about 5 seconds into the trailer:

we see niko driving a car from the inside, perspective. The far (right sideview mirror) only shows a tube with a red grid.

Screencap:

off the record: What software do you use for those small *.gifs Asif?! Im on an mac btw!
Phil is offline   Reply With Quote