Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2007   #1
Himuro
These boots are made for walking

Himuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura about
Anyone else kinda worried that GTAIV may just end up being a graphical upgrade?

I really hope that R* manages to make GTA fresh again. I love GTA to death but even I admit that it'll be disappointing if they make it like past entries but with a graphical upgrade. I've been highly disappointed by a lot of the series I used to love recently, I really hope that doesn't happen to GTA. =/

One thing I hope they implement is a larger emphasis on interaction. Interaction with npc's beyond running them over or putting 45 different kids of lead into them. Replaying all of these GTA's (I'm replaying III now, then I'm gonna work through VC and SA, then LCS, also working on VCS now) I've realized the lack of interactivity. I never get to see my bosses aside in mission cutscenes, you can't talk to pedestrians... maybe I'm wishing GTA would turn into something it's not, but a little more depth would be nice.

A greater interest and emphasis in the social maladjustment (if that's the right word) aspect of GTA would be a wonderful welcome as well.

But what am I complaining about? Even if GTAIV turned out to be just a graphic upgrade (which I highly doubt), I would still buy it on day one and love it to death.
Himuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007   #2
.:nemesis:.
Wicked Member

.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all
I know what you mean about not seeing people from cutscenes, you feel kinda alone after the missions are done.

I dont think R* will let us down graphicaly.
.:nemesis:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007   #3
Goat
Amateur Member

Goat is on a distinguished roadGoat is on a distinguished road
I think the girlfriend missions in San Andreas were a step in the right direction. But real interactivity would probably only work through MMO at this point.

Or...

Imagine online an feature that would take you to a Turing-capable machine on a dedicated server system. The machine could simulate a character.
Old 04-03-2007   #4
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
I wouldn't worry dude. Rockstar has never let us down before. They're too original and creative.
Old 04-03-2007   #5
nOs jOn
Amateur Member

nOs jOn is an unknown quantity at this point
yeh man, I aint worried about that, you know theres guna be something in this game thats guna make you go "holy shit, no way!"... an it aint just guna be the graphics.
nOs jOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007   #6
Grimmy
I'm ready for the laughing gas

Grimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond repute
I would worry if it were other game developers, but not Rockstar. As Slim said, they never let us down.
Old 04-03-2007   #7
billyboy_999

billyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to behold
Personally, I wouldn't mind if it was the same as SA but a lot better looking.
billyboy_999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007   #8
Extremer
Addicted Member

Extremer is a name known to allExtremer is a name known to allExtremer is a name known to allExtremer is a name known to allExtremer is a name known to allExtremer is a name known to allExtremer is a name known to allExtremer is a name known to allExtremer is a name known to allExtremer is a name known to allExtremer is a name known to all
I doubt it'll be just a graphical upgrade. Like most of people here already said, R* won't let us down. I hope they'll make the game more interactive, though.
Old 04-03-2007   #9
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
It's the next generation, everything will improve, ya know?
Old 04-03-2007   #10
Tendercrisp
Been making Mcconaughey jokes since long before...
Addicted Member

Tendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to behold
I wouldn't worry about it just being a graphical upgrade since they're using Euphoria now. Sure, it hasn't been confirmed, but their partnership with Natural Motions started months before we got any info about IV. Rockstar would be dumb to just use the same ol' GTA III era physics engine. But that's the thing, Rockstar isn't dumb.
Old 04-03-2007   #11
Extremer
Addicted Member

Extremer is a name known to allExtremer is a name known to allExtremer is a name known to allExtremer is a name known to allExtremer is a name known to allExtremer is a name known to allExtremer is a name known to allExtremer is a name known to allExtremer is a name known to allExtremer is a name known to allExtremer is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tendercrisp
I wouldn't worry about it just being a graphical upgrade since they're using Euphoria now. Sure, it hasn't been confirmed, but their partnership with Natural Motions started months before we got any info about IV. Rockstar would be dumb to just use the same ol' GTA III era physics engine. But that's the thing, Rockstar isn't dumb.
No, they're using RAGE. They already made most of the game when they signed the deal with NM, so I doubt they'll redo it all.
Old 04-03-2007   #12
Tendercrisp
Addicted Member

Tendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremer
No, they're using RAGE. They already made most of the game when they signed the deal with NM, so I doubt they'll redo it all.
I thought RAGE was just a graphics engine, and not a physics engine? I could be wrong, but...

whatever. We'll find out in May.
Old 04-03-2007   #13
Extremer
Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tendercrisp
I thought RAGE was just a graphics engine, and not a physics engine? I could be wrong, but...

whatever. We'll find out in May.
No, it's a game engine. That means it's a graphics, physics, rendering, animation and other engines in one. Maybe they'll replace the physics engine in RAGE with Euphoria, I don't know.
Old 04-03-2007   #14
billyboy_999

billyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to behold
Yep, everything is getting an overhaul. Even if the gameplay sucks, at least everything else will rule, or at least be as good as any other next-gen game.
billyboy_999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007   #15
Tendercrisp
Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremer
No, it's a game engine. That means it's a graphics, physics, rendering, animation and other engines in one. Maybe they'll replace the physics engine in RAGE with Euphoria, I don't know.
Oh, okay. Thanks.