Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2007   #1
monkio
I am A monkey Yo

monkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enough
I wonder if....(construction)

I was look at the trailer, and i'm sure we have all seen the building that is underconstruction. I didn't see any evidence in the trailer(except some movement that drew my eye over ther[could have been the suns/shadowing and such]), but i am wondering if we will see the completion of the building over time in gtaIV as well as building and expanding elsewhere. Sounds like a long shot but it would be amazing if new skycrapers just started being built and you could watch them progress.

Just a thought..
opinions?
monkio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007   #2
billyboy_999

billyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to behold
Maybe... It'd have to do with the plot though, if they had a random skyscraper going up every month, it would get old really fast.
billyboy_999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007   #3
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Well what I would love to see is a completely destructible environment, so if a building burns down, eventually construction to rebuild it will begin and overtime will slowly progress and finally finish one day.
Old 04-02-2007   #4
DiscoBombs

DiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the rough
I could be a new Love Media buidling for all we know, but my guess is it'll play an important part. Or it could just be there for asthetics.
DiscoBombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007   #5
Sonikdude750
you cant handle the truth

Sonikdude750 is on a distinguished roadSonikdude750 is on a distinguished roadSonikdude750 is on a distinguished road
Know what would be sweet? If every once in a while there'd be random disasters going on.

Say you're driving along downtown. All of a sudden a skyscraper has an explosion, as glass and debris fall all around you, before the whole thing comes toppling down as you veer out of the way. That would kick so much ass!
Sonikdude750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007   #6
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
It would make the game more exciting for sure, but there would have to be some sort of reason behind it. Maybe you could overhear pedestrian chatter on the subject, or read a story on it in the Liberty Tree. If not disasters like these, I would like to see legitimate car crashes, where you know they're pulled over, police is there, tow truck ready to tow the cars away, stuff like that, plus criminals committing random acts of violence.
Old 04-02-2007   #7
Nirvana 4 Life
Bmx 4 life

Nirvana 4 Life is an unknown quantity at this point
That building is NOT under construction as tons of people said, its the Conde Nast building.

Nirvana 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007   #8
nOs jOn
Amateur Member

nOs jOn is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Trashman
Well what I would love to see is a completely destructible environment, so if a building burns down, eventually construction to rebuild it will begin and overtime will slowly progress and finally finish one day.

that would be tight, I hope they do include this idea.... or maybe they will continue the empire element from VCS, and have construction workers building them in real time when you take them over.
nOs jOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007   #9
Antonio Montana

Antonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
/totally agreed

but that won't happen.. you see how every building has just a texture over a cube (I don't know how to really explain).. if the buildings were destructable, they would have GLASS windows with seethrough in the interior of the building, but instead, windows are texture and I see it now; you fly a plane into the building, you instantly explode and the building is not even slightly damaged..
Antonio Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007   #10
Nirvana 4 Life
Bmx 4 life

Nirvana 4 Life is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana 4 Life
That building is NOT under construction as tons of people said, its the Conde Nast building.
Just showing again there is NO CONSTRUCTION in the trailer, thats how the building looks.

Nirvana 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007   #11
Rebel_biscuit

Rebel_biscuit is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana 4 Life
what an ugly building
but i guess your right
Rebel_biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007   #12
chainsoar
Niko Smellic

chainsoar is on a distinguished roadchainsoar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I've wanted that since I tried to burn down Helena's barn in SA. Also, here's an idea - remember Kendl Johnson talking about property development? What if you could actually do that, ie, buy AND sell property, redecorate it (like in the Scarface game, only better), even build property. That would be cool.