Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2007   #1
DJ_JR_mixer

we waited. we've seen. now was it worth the wait?

just like many others, i've waited so long for a glimpse of the new gta. i thought that maybe we would see japan, london, or something else but why back to liberty city. new york was done countless times!!

gta 3
gta lcs
driver 1,2,and parallel lines
true crime!!!

hell, true crime screwed it all up for us.

gta4 better be the most absolute creative, addicting, and best in the series to have the balls to go back and redo a city that you've done twice now.

gta 4? like it how it is or wished for something diffrent?

Old 04-01-2007   #2
The top Don

The top Don is an unknown quantity at this point
i was hoping for something different but i think the liberty city we know will be a small part of the map
Old 04-01-2007   #3
Free Mike
Registered Abuser

Free Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by The top Don
i was hoping for something different but i think the liberty city we know will be a small part of the map
I think it is too early to tell. There is still the chance that it will involve multiple cities. I enjoyed the trailer and I'm not going to over-analyze it to death.
Old 04-01-2007   #4
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_JR_mixer
just like many others, i've waited so long for a glimpse of the new gta. i thought that maybe we would see japan, london, or something else but why back to liberty city. new york was done countless times!!

gta 3
gta lcs
driver 1,2,and parallel lines
true crime!!!

hell, true crime screwed it all up for us.

gta4 better be the most absolute creative, addicting, and best in the series to have the balls to go back and redo a city that you've done twice now.

gta 4? like it how it is or wished for something diffrent?
Personally I really enjoyed True Crime: NYC.

As for GTA, I don't mind it being back in Liberty. I like the city.

Old 04-01-2007   #5
Dex

Dex is an unknown quantity at this point
I was only dissapointed because gamesradar posted this:

Quote:
The official trailer for Grand Theft Auto IV is only a few days away as of this writing, and publisher Rockstar has promised that it won't just be some infuriatingly quick teaser. Instead, it'll offer up the first substantial look into what the game is all about, and internet speculation over what that might be has kicked the rumor mill into high gear.
Learning where the game took place and what the main character looks like seemed like a no brainer, so after reading that I kinda expected a bit more.
Old 04-01-2007   #6
Free Mike
Registered Abuser

Free Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex
I was only dissapointed because gamesradar posted this:

Learning where the game took place and what the main character looks like seemed like a no brainer, so after reading that I kinda expected a bit more.
I agree. I didn't mind that it was a teaser trailer at first, but when I found out that R* said it wasn't going to be a teaser I was a little mad.
Old 04-01-2007   #7
almostrodney

almostrodney is an unknown quantity at this point
just looking at these pics its gonna be huge i mean they have oversized everything
Old 04-01-2007   #8
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
GTA IV will put better use to its New York (LC) setting than any other NY set game ever made, at least, that is what I believe.
Old 04-01-2007   #9
almostrodney

when i first saw the trailer i was really dissapointed that they went back tbh the only reason i kept looking back is because i loved the past gtas and i guess im a fan at heart but now im growing on it and if they do manage to fit the other cities*dunno how but i have faith in R*lol* im betting the next trailer will have us hooked i mean there bound to put something in that will, you know tease then give lol
Old 04-01-2007   #10
comics22
Do the Testris shuffle!

comics22 is on a distinguished roadcomics22 is on a distinguished roadcomics22 is on a distinguished road
yea to me NYC has been over played... shoulda done a city like chicago or some other forien country...

any of you remember driver 2 for playstation? i wish someone would remake a game like that. Because in that game you got a bit of everyhting. you got to drive around the old 50's cars in havanna, got to cruise around chicago, and then go off to vegas, and i think rio was in there too! driver 2 is still one of my favorite games. and im i remember correctly the cities were friggin huge! it took several minutes to go from one end to the other going at top speeds and not hitting anything...granted the graphics sucked but still, on a PS1 they had 4 cities that were equally huge, at least 10-15 different cars per city, and you could even run around and hijack cars. and the police accualy behaved liek police! when you ran a red light while they can see you they chased you, hit a pole or another car, they chased you, speed chased you. and they were kinda hard to get away from too!
unlike the GTA cops where you can do anything except hit them or a pedestrian (sometimes not even that) and they would just sit there and not do anything...and comon i think we can all agree they are the easiest cops in any game to get away from...

so what i want out of GTA4 would be multiple cities or areas at least, not just Liberty city. some country side areas where you could go pretty much anywhere, less friggin taxis in the country i live in a tiny hick town just outside a big city and i see maybe one or 2 taxis in a 6th month period... id like for the rivers not to have 20 ft sides where when you fall into em it taks 10 minutes to swim somewhere to get out...
i know it sounds liek i have alot of demands, but my ideal video game would be somehting like real life. a video game like real life would allow me to do all the illegal stuff without having to worry about the consequinces that would happen in real life. go on a murderous rampage, flee from the cops on a high speed persuit, steal any car that apealed to me, ram annoying/ stupid drivers. you get my point.

but back to the main idea here, i was generally a tad bit unsatisfied. I was hoping the trailer would last at least a minute, show some acual game fottage not what appeared to be cutscenes... maybe like a police persuit. i dunno, the first half was good with all the buildings, but half the trailer was the charachter thinking/talking...
Old 04-01-2007   #11
almostrodney

oh yea driver1 and 2 was great games, i think rock* should take a page out of there book tbh personaily i would of loved somewhere like japan i really expected it to be there, i expected something really different in the location respect.
Old 04-01-2007   #12
Him

Him will become famous soon enoughHim will become famous soon enoughHim will become famous soon enoughHim will become famous soon enoughHim will become famous soon enoughHim will become famous soon enoughHim will become famous soon enough
I was hoping Liberty since it was announced, so it was good news for me. I personally don't think New York has been done as good as it can be. until now that is...
Old 04-01-2007   #13
almostrodney

dont get me wrong i think it will be good but i relaly hope it snows and the snow acctualy stays on the ground and when it rains water runs down sidewalks and buildings, ect ect now thats what im looking for. i mean if it is just lc then that would seill it for me
Old 04-01-2007   #14
billyboy_999

billyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to behold
I think expecting a trailer with real live gameplay months before release is a little too much to ask. It looks cool, I'm happy with that for now.
Old 04-01-2007   #15
cox
Certified Tester

cox is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_JR_mixer
Don't worry, it will be.

I must admit I was very surprised that it's set in Liberty again. That had to be about the one thing I was least expecting. But it's obviously nothing like the one we've seen before, and indeed the rest of the game will be nothing like what we've seen before either. In any game. Ever. Something so extreme your head will explode just in the opening credits.
Closed Thread