Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2007   #1
nPatel689

nPatel689 is an unknown quantity at this point
Small and good or large and bad?

Do you guys think that GTA IV will be small with good graphics or will r* do the usual and make the city big with decent graphics? San Andreas was pretty big and the graphics were okay. I just hope GTA IV matches Saints Rows graphics or possibly better. Another thing that really made Saints Row suck was the ending story line. At least GTA wont do that...i hope. (I'm not gonna be to specific about Saints Row ending because i don't wanna ruin it for anyone.)
nPatel689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007   #2
Clayton
BINGO BANGO BONGO

Clayton has a brilliant futureClayton has a brilliant futureClayton has a brilliant futureClayton has a brilliant futureClayton has a brilliant futureClayton has a brilliant futureClayton has a brilliant futureClayton has a brilliant futureClayton has a brilliant futureClayton has a brilliant futureClayton has a brilliant future
Well, I've already seen in the trailer that in my opinion, the graphics are fantastic. Building on that, I think the environment will be huge and the graphics will be great...Best of both worlds.

...Just what I've always wanted, a four-wheeled coffin to call home.
Clayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007   #3
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Well we can already tell the graphics are pretty amazing from the trailer, but we're still unsure of the size of the gameplay area.

I think the real question is, will we see a sort of smaller area with a lot more detail, interiors, etc, or will we see a larger area with less detail, less interiors, etc. Rockstar working with a smaller area gives them more time to add more and more features and such.
Old 03-31-2007   #4
nPatel689

nPatel689 is an unknown quantity at this point
I though Saints Row was to small but the graphics were good.
nPatel689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007   #5
Smokeydogg7

Smokeydogg7 is an unknown quantity at this point
i want a big map
Smokeydogg7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007   #6
Him

Him will become famous soon enoughHim will become famous soon enoughHim will become famous soon enoughHim will become famous soon enoughHim will become famous soon enoughHim will become famous soon enoughHim will become famous soon enough
Bigger is Better
Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007   #7
Sonikdude750
you cant handle the truth

Sonikdude750 is on a distinguished roadSonikdude750 is on a distinguished roadSonikdude750 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Him
Bigger is Better
God no, far from it. Too much area to cover becomes a pain after a while, especially moving far distances. It also makes it harder to remember where locations are. That's what's nice about GTA games, after a few days, you'll practically memorize the whole city.
Sonikdude750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007   #8
aRTee
Kustom Kulture

aRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond repute
It has to bee a fucken HUGE! I dont care how bad the graphics would be. big ftw.
aRTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007   #9
RollingStones

RollingStones will become famous soon enoughRollingStones will become famous soon enoughRollingStones will become famous soon enoughRollingStones will become famous soon enoughRollingStones will become famous soon enoughRollingStones will become famous soon enough
This is the biggest problem for Rockstar as far as I can see. I would say that this game would have to be at the very least as big, if not a bit bigger, than the whole state of San Andreas. In the trailer we have already learned that the graphics are quite fantastic. The remaining question is how vast the land will be. The same problem could be said about all the features. The game must have all the great features that GTA3, VC, SA, LCS and VCS had (Some ideas worked in those games while others didn't). We must see a return of the working features and also a lot of new ideas. That's my take on it anyway.
RollingStones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007   #10
The top Don

The top Don is an unknown quantity at this point
a bigger map is way better
The top Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007   #11
tootricky
Newbie Member

tootricky is an unknown quantity at this point
I reckon Rockstar are going for bigger AND better. It is likely that the game will only centre on Liberty City much like GTA III but I reckon the egos as rockstar won't see that as enough of a challenge. I reckon Rockstar will produce a whole Liberty State for us to explore.
tootricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007   #12
Gamaya

Gamaya is a jewel in the roughGamaya is a jewel in the roughGamaya is a jewel in the roughGamaya is a jewel in the roughGamaya is a jewel in the roughGamaya is a jewel in the roughGamaya is a jewel in the roughGamaya is a jewel in the roughGamaya is a jewel in the roughGamaya is a jewel in the roughGamaya is a jewel in the rough
Big and good, preferably.

Out of the two choices you gave, I have to say small and good, because if it's large and bad, then...it's bad.
Gamaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007   #13
mmartin
Newbie Member

mmartin is an unknown quantity at this point
i think it will be with very large map. at least hope so.
it's just has to be with big map. imagine, very big New york style city...maybe even with a countryside, who knows.
mmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007   #14
Vortigern

Vortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura about
Isn't large and good an option? I'd prefer that.
Vortigern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007   #15
PicoDeath

PicoDeath is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by nPatel689
I though Saints Row was to small but the graphics were good.
Saints row was ass, I want a decent sized map, maybe 4x los santos? That would be perfect, but if it's possible to go bigger, then hell yeah!
PicoDeath is offline   Reply With Quote