Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2007   #1
nPatel689

nPatel689 is an unknown quantity at this point
possibly a BIG future problem

I know there is still a long time for GTA IV to come out but everyone remembers when GTA San Andreas got in trouble for hot coffee. One thing that makes me think about GTA IV getting in trouble is the fact that it is in the "new york" area and most likely will have destructible environments. I really hope somebody doesn't imply that GTA supports terrorism because of the fact GTA has planes and destructible environments (buildings and such). Just a thought... What do you guys think?

Remember when the game Bully almost got canceled because of that guy Jack Thompson or whoever, i just hope this doesn't happen to GTA.
nPatel689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007   #2
Havok
Oh please, no.

Havok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to behold
GTA IV isnt set in New York, its set in Liberty City and based on New York, but anyway nothing will stop GTA, shit Hill-Dog couldn't stop GTA, and She had a Snuke in her Snizz(South Park), so nothing will, if they censor it, it goes against the first amenment.
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007   #3
GTA Mike
Eh?

GTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to behold
hmm, interesting point, but I doubt R* will get much heat for it
Old 03-31-2007   #4
nPatel689

true.... good point. LONG LIVE GTA!!!
Old 03-31-2007   #5
Clayton
BINGO BANGO BONGO

Clayton has a brilliant futureClayton has a brilliant futureClayton has a brilliant futureClayton has a brilliant futureClayton has a brilliant futureClayton has a brilliant futureClayton has a brilliant futureClayton has a brilliant futureClayton has a brilliant futureClayton has a brilliant futureClayton has a brilliant future
There will always be the Jack Thompsons of the world, bitching about things like Grand Theft Auto.

If there weren't destructable environments; if there wasn't Hot Coffee, they'd just find something else to bitch about. Good thing is, not enough people take them seriously for it to be a real threat.

...Just what I've always wanted, a four-wheeled coffin to call home.
Clayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007   #6
monkio
I am A monkey Yo

monkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enough
of course there will be controversy, Jack Thompson wouldn't be alive if it wasn't for GTA. The guy thrives on giving people hard times. When in all reality the bastard is probably playing San Andreas in basement cussing racial slurs and beating off. No one is perfect, especially Jack Thompson.....
monkio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007   #7
nPatel689

thank god, id hate to see the GTA series take away features because of someone else's opinions. It's not like R* purposely does it.
Old 03-31-2007   #8
FG
CJ would be so proud

FG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to behold
You would be surprised the number of people in authority who play GTA.

its a made up game world, with pixel targets.
Old 03-31-2007   #9
Clayton
BINGO BANGO BONGO

Clayton has a brilliant futureClayton has a brilliant futureClayton has a brilliant futureClayton has a brilliant futureClayton has a brilliant futureClayton has a brilliant futureClayton has a brilliant futureClayton has a brilliant futureClayton has a brilliant futureClayton has a brilliant futureClayton has a brilliant future
That's what I always say, whenever the argument about killing 'people' comes up.

It's just a bunch of pixels...You'd have to have a pretty weak mind for that to 'train' you to actually go out and kill real people.

Old 03-31-2007   #10
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireGod
You would be surprised the number of people in authority who play GTA.

its a made up game world, with pixel targets.
I heard cops LOVE playing GTA, as ironic as that is
Old 03-31-2007   #11
FG
CJ would be so proud

FG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to behold
90% of police I ever knew,know whats real an whats not. You got to admit they are smart.
Old 03-31-2007   #12
Clayton
BINGO BANGO BONGO

Heh, probably. In GTA-world, they can abuse their authority as much as they want.

I can see it now, a cop playing GTA, beating up a random in-game pedestrian..."I'll show you, punk-ass smart-ass speeder..."

Old 03-31-2007   #13
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by phreak
I heard cops LOVE playing GTA, as ironic as that is
Dude, my dad told me something very similar a few years ago

Apparently he some how ended up speaking to the host of America's Most Wanted or something, and GTA some how got brought up. He said he loves GTA XD
Old 03-31-2007   #14
nPatel689

That ironic that COPs play GTA but funny as hell. LOL. Just to be on the safe side i am gonna get GTA IV early incase they recall the games or something. Isn't that what happened to San Andreas because i couldn't trade my San Andreas to Gamestop or EB Games anymore.
Old 03-31-2007   #15
Clayton
BINGO BANGO BONGO

Basically, yeah. And yes, I'm with you there, I'm definately going to try to pre-order.