Old 03-31-2007   #1
The Lizard King
Newbie Member

The Lizard King is an unknown quantity at this point
Cast

Hello, there.

I just looked at the GTA IV page on the IMDb.

Did anyone see that Michael Clarke Duncan has been cast as 'Tiny'? Young Maylay, who starred in San Andreas as CJ, is rumored to return. And Illspirit and Dexx, whoever thay are, are rumored or in negotiations as 'Heavy' and 'Lead,' respectively.

This might have been brought up before, I just didn't here about it until now.
Thought I'd post it, in case I'm not the only one.
Old 03-31-2007   #2
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
IMDB is the most unreliable source on the web.
Old 03-31-2007   #3
Havok
Oh please, no.

Havok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to behold
listen to me very carefully,

Never. Ever. Trust. IMDB.

unless you hear it from R* dont trust it.
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007   #4
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
CJ will NOT be in this game, No characters from the GTA3 series 9excluding Lazlow) will appear in this game otherwise it would leave a big continuity error in the plot. iMDb has got GTA information wrong on many occasions, this is just the same.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007   #5
The Lizard King
Newbie Member

The Lizard King is an unknown quantity at this point
Oh, well, you're probably right.
It just seemed interesting with Michael Clarke Duncan. Like it had been announced, and I just didn't hear about it.
Old 03-31-2007   #6
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Ving Rhames was apparently Vic Vance in Vice City Stories.
Michael Madsen was apparently returning as Toni Cipriani in Liberty City Stories.
These wern't announced either, they just appeared on the site, created hype and turned out to be false.
Old 03-31-2007   #7
fluff
Dead Milkman

fluff is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ash_735
CJ will NOT be in this game, No characters from the GTA3 series 9excluding Lazlow) will appear in this game otherwise it would leave a big continuity error in the plot. iMDb has got GTA information wrong on many occasions, this is just the same.
how would it leave a big continuity error

Bow chick bow wow
fluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007   #8
Ash_735

Ok, now this will answer both your questions.
The GTA3 series started off with Liberty City, I'm still positive that in GTAIV it is a different version of Liberty City, ok, so you might be thinking, what does that have to do with Vice City and San Andreas? Well if you pay attention to the story, many characters originated from liberty City, Tommy Vercetti was in Liberty City (The GTA3 version as you can tell by his nickname the Harwood Butcher) and was sent to Vice City by Sonny Forelli after he got out of Prison. So for him and anyone in Vice City who intergrated with Tommy, it wouldn't make sense, as Tommy would have came from a non-existant version of Liberty City. [Continuity 1]
CJ, If you watched the Prequel movie it shows CJ in Liberty City stealing cars for Joey, shows him in the Red Light District outside Sex Club 7 and then again in the back alley behind Ammunation. In a mission for Salvatore, CJ travels to Liberty City to kill some Forelli Goons at there own place (The Saint Marks Bistro), So if CJ were to return, the evnt of San Andreas, him living in Liberty and then again travelling to Liberty would have to be erased, since, that version of Liberty City no longers exists in the GTA4 world. [Continuity 2]

Explanation on some points, The story with GTA games are linked but only in their own cannon, the story of GTA1 doesn't exist in the GTA3 world, possibly the same for the story of GTA2 which only has one link, the main character being called Claude. Plus there was a story floating around a few months back about Rockstar saying the GTA4 story won't have anything to do with the GTA3 story. I don't know exact solid facts, I just heavily know the story in and out and most times I take a stab at events, I'm usually right and make most sense in these areas. You can question me all you want but I'm confident in what I think about this and you can ask any long term member here.
Old 03-31-2007   #9
fluff
Dead Milkman

Quote:
Ok, now this will answer both your questions.
The GTA3 series started off with Liberty City, I'm still positive that in GTAIV it is a different version of Liberty City, ok, so you might be thinking, what does that have to do with Vice City and San Andreas? Well if you pay attention to the story, many characters originated from liberty City, Tommy Vercetti was in Liberty City (The GTA3 version as you can tell by his nickname the Harwood Butcher) and was sent to Vice City by Sonny Forelli after he got out of Prison. So for him and anyone in Vice City who intergrated with Tommy, it wouldn't make sense, as Tommy would have came from a non-existant version of Liberty City. [Continuity 1]
CJ, If you watched the Prequel movie it shows CJ in Liberty City stealing cars for Joey, shows him in the Red Light District outside Sex Club 7 and then again in the back alley behind Ammunation. In a mission for Salvatore, CJ travels to Liberty City to kill some Forelli Goons at there own place (The Saint Marks Bistro), So if CJ were to return, the evnt of San Andreas, him living in Liberty and then again travelling to Liberty would have to be erased, since, that version of Liberty City no longers exists in the GTA4 world. [Continuity 2]

Explanation on some points, The story with GTA games are linked but only in their own cannon, the story of GTA1 doesn't exist in the GTA3 world, possibly the same for the story of GTA2 which only has one link, the main character being called Claude. Plus there was a story floating around a few months back about Rockstar saying the GTA4 story won't have anything to do with the GTA3 story. I don't know exact solid facts, I just heavily know the story in and out and most times I take a stab at events, I'm usually right and make most sense in these areas. You can question me all you want but I'm confident in what I think about this and you can ask any long term member here.
ok but gta 1 and 3 have diffrent versions of lc and they both have El Burro

Bow chick bow wow
Old 03-31-2007   #10
Ash_735

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluff
ok but gta 1 and 3 have diffrent versions of lc and they both have El Burro
We never actually see El Burro in person in GTA3, in GTA1 he was in San Andreas.
Old 03-31-2007   #11
fluff
Dead Milkman

Quote:
We never actually see El Burro in person in GTA3, in GTA1 he was in San Andreas.
you have a fair point there but he is still in to diffrent versions of the "gta world"

Bow chick bow wow
Old 03-31-2007   #12
Ash_735

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluff
you have a fair point there but he is still in to diffrent versions of the "gta world"
True, but he never mentions anything about his past, he's just a brief character in GTA3 who gets referenced in Vice City too. So maybe it is possible for past characters to appear BUT if they are different, like the events never existed, or maybe just phone contacts.
Old 03-31-2007   #13
fluff
Dead Milkman

sounds possible that would actually be cool to get phone missions from past charicters

Bow chick bow wow
Old 03-31-2007   #14
Him

Him will become famous soon enoughHim will become famous soon enoughHim will become famous soon enoughHim will become famous soon enoughHim will become famous soon enoughHim will become famous soon enoughHim will become famous soon enough
Thats assuming ash is right about a rebooted Liberty, which as of now is blind guessing. It could be a brand new version of the city yes, but does that mean the old GTA world is gone? no. Half life 1-2 anyone?