Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2007   #1
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
So what do you think about the main character?

Me personally, I think he will be great. I still don't know his ethnicity, but I believe he is Russian. He could be Middle Eastern as well. Slavic, Ukrainian, Belorussian, he could be either. But no matter what, he seems "darker" than the past characters. He's just coming to LC, and already he's smuggled, sold, and killed people so you know he's not small time to start off. If he's Russian, I'm sure he either already has, or will have ties to the Russian Mafia. I hope he has a cool name, like Radoslav Kalikrishnov.

This could bring back a character that could bring attitude back into the series. Not since Tommy Vercetti have I seen someone with this demeanor.

Carl: He was a pussy, runs away from home, complains all the time, gets told what to do and doesn't stand up for himself much.

Toni: I thought he would be good...He was better than Carl but even he got bullied by Vincenzo and his mom.

Victor: Way too emotional. I'm glad he was a good guy at heart, but he wasn't fit at all for a GTA character.

Now we have this guy, and it looks like he won't take ANY shit on his way to the top. I'm excited to see what path he will go down.

What do you guys think?
Old 03-30-2007   #2
Wando

Wando is an unknown quantity at this point
I agree, GTA needs a new Tommy.
Wando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #3
Pablo Escobar Jr.
Veteran Member

Pablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond repute
I hope he is one of those uni-browed Russian monsters. One of those guys that will kick your ass for avoiding a look.

Or maybe from Chechenia (sp?) and muslim, I dunno but something completely different in ethnicity would be great. And people from Chechenia also have quite an attitude, which is awesome.

Hot Buttered Soul
Pablo Escobar Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #4
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
I was hoping for someone off the Russian Mafia for a long time, so anything they throw i can handle
Old 03-30-2007   #5
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo Escobar Jr.
I hope he is one of those uni-browed Russian monsters. One of those guys that will kick your ass for avoiding a look.

Or maybe from Chechenia (sp?) and muslim, I dunno but something completely different in ethnicity would be great. And people from Chechenia also have quite an attitude, which is awesome.
Not muslim or anything, at least not soon from now. You'll get so many people thinking they're trying to do the terrorist stereotype.
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #6
Pablo Escobar Jr.
Veteran Member

Pablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, a game including muslims, planes and tall building isn't really in favor with white-america. :/

Hot Buttered Soul
Old 03-30-2007   #7
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
Quote:
Yeah, a game including muslims, planes and tall building isn't really in favor with white-america. :/
The game would probably be banned here.
Old 03-30-2007   #8
Cpt_Chris
Amateur Member

Cpt_Chris is on a distinguished roadCpt_Chris is on a distinguished road
to me, his accent tells me hes not middle eastern, but when it comes to accents who knows...anyways I think the best possibility is Russian, but the other countries you listed are certainly possible too.
Cpt_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #9
Pablo Escobar Jr.
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phreak
The game would probably be banned here.
I can definetly see some people trying to get the game banned, if the main character is a muslim. :/

Hot Buttered Soul
Old 03-30-2007   #10
Aaron
www.VideoHippo.com
Newbie Member

Aaron is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I can definetly see some people trying to get the game banned, if the main character is a muslim. :/
I can definitely see some people trying to get the game banned, if the main character isn't muslim.
Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #11
tmac9wr

tmac9wr is on a distinguished roadtmac9wr is on a distinguished road
I think we can all agree that this guy is Russian....which opens the door for possibly the best character yet. I agree 100% that Tommy was the best character so far, but Russian Mafia?!?! This is going to be absolutely insane. I never even dreamed about Russian mafia, it's going to be amazing to explore an entire new world of crime.
tmac9wr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #12
Sonikdude750
you cant handle the truth

Sonikdude750 is on a distinguished roadSonikdude750 is on a distinguished roadSonikdude750 is on a distinguished road
The Russian mafia has always been a cool concept, and I don't think this guy will disappoint.

Think about how he says "I've killed people, smuggled people, sold people." He says it so calm, as if he's been doing it since he was born and it's normal. Sounds like the kind of guy who can easily kill on the spot. And not the way like yelling at people and pummeling them, I mean calmly walking up to them and quickly gouging their eyes out with a screwdriver. Definitely what the series needs.
Sonikdude750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #13
Himuro
These boots are made for walking

Himuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura about
I think he looks badass. His character art has me going omg.
Himuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #14
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himuro
I think he looks badass. His character art has me going omg.
Same with me. I might be going out a limb with the limited information we have right now, but I think he'll give Tommy a run for his money
Old 03-30-2007   #15
Antonio Montana

Antonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by phreak
Me personally, I think he will be great. I still don't know his ethnicity, but I believe he is Russian. He could be Middle Eastern as well. Slavic, Ukrainian, Belorussian, he could be either. But no matter what, he seems "darker" than the past characters. He's just coming to LC, and already he's smuggled, sold, and killed people so you know he's not small time to start off. If he's Russian, I'm sure he either already has, or will have ties to the Russian Mafia. I hope he has a cool name, like Radoslav Kalikrishnov.

This could bring back a character that could bring attitude back into the series. Not since Tommy Vercetti have I seen someone with this demeanor.

Carl: He was a pussy, runs away from home, complains all the time, gets told what to do and doesn't stand up for himself much.

Toni: I thought he would be good...He was better than Carl but even he got bullied by Vincenzo and his mom.

Victor: Way too emotional. I'm glad he was a good guy at heart, but he wasn't fit at all for a GTA character.

Now we have this guy, and it looks like he won't take ANY shit on his way to the top. I'm excited to see what path he will go down.

What do you guys think?
+rep

I wasn't sure what to think of him.. but when you put it this way, I think the protagonist will rock!
Antonio Montana is offline   Reply With Quote