Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2007   #1
Nediar
Piece Of Shit

Nediar is just really niceNediar is just really niceNediar is just really niceNediar is just really niceNediar is just really niceNediar is just really niceNediar is just really niceNediar is just really niceNediar is just really niceNediar is just really niceNediar is just really nice
Here is MY opinion [READ]

Firstly, where it is set.

Yeah sure we seen a NY themed area, LC basically.
Who is to say thats exactly where it is set?

Same with the graphics. Could be in-game graphics also, BUT remember, its a trailer.
It could be a cinematic part in the game?
Even the intro movie?

And we don't have a clue if thats the main character yet. Most likely yeah, but you never know.

And the tagline "Things will be different", he was talking about murdering, selling people ect, but then says "Maybe things will be different".

What does this point out? Could mean anything.

And the AI.

Looks really good, even what I seen only in the trailer.

Sitting on steps talking, walking with groceries in their hands and so on.

And the bad thing about previous GTA games was that there was a lot of the same ped in one area.

In the trailer, hardly seen much of that, but I did see it.

Not to much of a problem though.

But yeah its a GTA game, what GTA game HASN'T had other islands if you think about it. Not many.

We have seen the bridges on the trailer, we will most likely be able to travel outside the city.

Its next gen remember, I can guarantee you that the game will blow us away, well I know it will with me.

Another thing, humor. The trailer seemed serious. It got my hopes low for humor in the game until I seen the boards around the city. And their will definitely be humor on the radio, when is their not.

But yeah, a bit early to start giving out theories, i just needed to get it out and make people think before getting hopes up.

Discuss.

XBL: SteveOTNS
Nediar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #2
Scott

The theme park, ferry terminal and brudges were all new. They werent in III or LCS, and you know from III that the ferry terminals don't exist anymore, because of the tunnel and the bridges.
Old 03-30-2007   #3
Macey
Registered Whore

Macey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud of
I read about something in Wiki about the mayor of Liberty City and how he stopped the ferry service...or something.
Old 03-30-2007   #4
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
I believe they have completely re-vamped most areas of Liberty City.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #5
Scott

Yeah same. Also I think they may have somewhat expanded it, to Carcer City.
Old 03-30-2007   #6
cox
Certified Tester

cox is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nediar

Same with the graphics. Could be in-game graphics also, BUT remember, its a trailer.
Even the intro movie?
Well if it's anything like the other games, the cinematics will use the same graphics as in game, so I'm pretty confident that these are the graphics we'll see throughout the game.
Old 03-30-2007   #7
Pablo Escobar Jr.
Veteran Member

Pablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond repute
The graphics remind me of True Crime...but then good.

Hot Buttered Soul
Pablo Escobar Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #8
Free Mike
Registered Abuser

Free Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nediar
Even the intro movie?
Somebody told it was in-game shots b/c it is running at 720p or something. I forget what they said exactly...
Old 03-30-2007   #9
Duke Lion

Duke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really nice
definately humor.. I don't know if anybody else noticed it... but on one of the billboards there is a monkey hanging in its tail from a beer bottle and swinging back and forth.
Duke Lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #10
Jay
(V) (;,,;) (V)
Wicked Member

Jay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond repute
It is in game footage. If it was cinematic it'd look alot better (like most games usually buff up cinematic parts)

Also..

Quote:
One of the most annoying and downright bizarre things about the series has been that it's seemingly inhabited by an army of clones. Granted, San Andreas fixed this a bit by adding tons of different peds, but nevertheless, one would always run into the same person in the same clothes over and over again. Day after virtual day.

Hiding amidst the time-lapse portion of the trailer though are clues that this may about to change. To the left are a series of screenshots from the trailer showing an otherwise identical person wearing mixed and different color outfits. If you go through the trailer frame by frame, it seems that there are a bunch of other peds wearing random outfits.

Yes, it is possible that they are four unique ped models. But after the player clothing options in San Andreas, it's only natural that Rockstar North expand this to peds. And if that's really the case I would expect the variety to grow even more as the game draws closer to completion.
Old 03-30-2007   #11
jayuk2

jayuk2 is an unknown quantity at this point
i like the effect of the people sitting on the front steps of the house in the bit where the car drives past n over that metal sheet.
jayuk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #12
handigeharry

handigeharry is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't think the AI will be that good.. the peds still walk into eachother. If you watch closely and pause the movie you can clearly see some of them walking into eachother.
And instead of a lot of same peds in the area there now are a lot of the same cars, there are at least 3 Chrysler 300c lookalikes in the same fragment..
Old 03-30-2007   #13
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

oppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond repute
Well, the trailer may seem serious, and it leaves a lot of questions unanswered, however these will be answered over the coming months and all we can do is discuss and create rumours.

grimmy is a gay icon
oppar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #14
Nediar
Piece Of Shit

Nediar is just really niceNediar is just really niceNediar is just really niceNediar is just really niceNediar is just really niceNediar is just really niceNediar is just really niceNediar is just really niceNediar is just really niceNediar is just really niceNediar is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by handigeharry
I don't think the AI will be that good.. the peds still walk into eachother. If you watch closely and pause the movie you can clearly see some of them walking into eachother.
And instead of a lot of same peds in the area there now are a lot of the same cars, there are at least 3 Chrysler 300c lookalikes in the same fragment..
remember, 6 month left till it is released, that is a lot of time for improvement and changes.

XBL: SteveOTNS
Nediar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #15
JamesTalbot
Newbie Member

JamesTalbot is an unknown quantity at this point
Jeez. Give em a break. Every little thing you notice you rip it apart! The more i watch it the more i wanna know more about it. I love all the clues and hints in there!
JamesTalbot is offline   Reply With Quote