Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2007   #31
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
I'm expecting to see more music in GTA IV, more stations, more variety. Just hopefully, nothing stupid and mainstream (50 Cent type crap, it doesn't fit GTA.. at all, but that is my opinion so don't bash me on this one)
Old 03-30-2007   #32
Sir Baralot
ManBearPig
Newbie Member

Sir Baralot is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking

I'd like to see:

A Metal Station
Rock Station
Pop Station
Indie Station
Reggae Station
Talk Radio (Including News)
Techno/Dance Station
Classical Music Station
Oldies Station with 80's Mainstream Music

However, I have complete faith in Rockstar. I absolutely adored the VC soundtrack and I loved the SA soundtrack too because even though I don't like Rap and Dance/Techno, there was still music there for me.

Also: This is my first post. Nice to meet you all!
Bare-foot servants too
Sir Baralot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #33
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ash_735
I'm not saying GTAIII had crap Radio, infact it's genious in its own way, if you've been around here long enough you'll know what I'm like when it comes to the soundtrack of these games.

@Comeback209: There wasn't a techno station in GTAIII, there was Head Radio, which claimed to be Rock but was more Electro-Pop and there was Rise FM which is Trance.
Techno is commonly used to refer to all forms of electronic music, including trance.
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #34
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olin
Techno is commonly used to refer to all forms of electronic music, including trance.
Just like the term Rock is used to cover all genres like Classic Rock, Golden Age, Grunge, Metal, etc? I call those people Idiots.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #35
TwiztidDragonX
TwiztidDragonX

TwiztidDragonX is on a distinguished roadTwiztidDragonX is on a distinguished roadTwiztidDragonX is on a distinguished road
maybe some cars will have sirius radio so we can get Howard Stern lol (I can dream can't I)but I'd like to have an underground station that plays stuff like the Misfits&Rancid real punk music. And (dreaming again) ICP,Twiztid and Blaze ya Dead Homie.
TwiztidDragonX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #36
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ash_735
Just like the term Rock is used to cover all genres like Classic Rock, Golden Age, Grunge, Metal, etc? I call those people Idiots.
Electronic music isn't much of a thing for people though, so I was hoping for anything along the lines of stuff like synth-pop/new wave (see: Shiny Toy Guns), futurepop (see: VNV Nation, Covenant), trance (see: Darude) and aggrotech (see: Funker Vogt).

The reason I'm just generalizing is because I'd be happy with any form of electronic music, as it's overlooked.
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #37
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
I'm more into House Music, that's why I was really impressed Rise FM in Liberty City Stories, If they keep to something like that but extend to at least an hour I'll be happy.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #38
Spread Da Love
.__.
Newbie Member

Spread Da Love is an unknown quantity at this point
Why is everyone forgetting MSX 98? I loved that Drum & bass stuff. There must a similar one in IV. Also a Rock/Metal-station withOUT any sissy-ass emofucks like Fall out boy or 30 seconds to mars or that crap. Im talking about bands like Dimmu Borgir, Children of Bodom, Rammstein, Slipknot and such.
Old 03-30-2007   #39
DoomMunke13
You ever had that feeling
Newbie Member

DoomMunke13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Since its modern day, there needs to be satelite radio.
DoomMunke13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #40
DoomMunke13
You ever had that feeling
Newbie Member

DoomMunke13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread Da Love
Why is everyone forgetting MSX 98? I loved that Drum & bass stuff. There must a similar one in IV. Also a Rock/Metal-station withOUT any sissy-ass emofucks like Fall out boy or 30 seconds to mars or that crap. Im talking about bands like Dimmu Borgir, Children of Bodom, Rammstein, Slipknot and such.
Hell yes!
DoomMunke13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #41
Under_score
The Snuke

Under_score is an unknown quantity at this point
I'd love to listen to some rap, alternative rock, metal, reggae, and some talk radio.
Under_score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #42
Smokeydogg7

Smokeydogg7 is an unknown quantity at this point
perhaps a howard stern type show since he is based on nyc

and i want chatterbox with lazlow
Smokeydogg7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #43
fluff
Dead Milkman

fluff is an unknown quantity at this point
yea gta just wouldnt be right without Lazlow

Bow chick bow wow
fluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #44
Havok
Oh please, no.

Havok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to behold
Hopefully an Underground hip hop/old school hip hop or underground (like oldschool punk and hardcore punk/Thrash) will be included, boy i cant tell you how badly i wanna drive around to some Aesop Rock/Wu TAng Clan or Bad Brains/Suicidal Tendnecies.
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #45
The top Don

The top Don is an unknown quantity at this point
shit loads of radio stations with a wide rang of music