Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2007   #16
Macey
Registered Whore

Macey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud of
Yeah. Well, the same kind of radio stations that NYC have. The popular ones anyway. I've no idea how many radio stations are available in NYC, but I bet there are quite a few.
Old 03-30-2007   #17
John Gotti
Newbie Member

John Gotti is an unknown quantity at this point
Im expecting a HOT97 sort of station with call in's fueding rappers. sick music. but thats just me
John Gotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #18
SA

SA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enough
BLACK MOON, SMIF N WESSUN, all the stuff i want is mid 90s, so I doubt it.
SA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #19
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Vampilehunter : You wern't impressed with the variety in VC and SA? A bit ridiculous really as they had the best music in the GTA3 series.

If it's modern day I'm sure modern artist would love for their music to be in a GTA game so most bands are likely. Any stuff from the 90s and 80s, hey they have stations for them right now, so It would be good to see one like that. As long as it isn't all Rap, San Andreas wasn't bad cause 90s Rap and the Golden Age stuff is good, but modern rap sucks shit. We already had that rumour of that underground New York band having one of their songs in the game, so now It's more likely.
I used to listen to New York radio in 2005 and the type of stuff I liked was the Rock station, which had Rock Weekends which played a variety of rock music from different eras. Also heard a lot of Coldplay, Death Cab for Cutie, Kaiser Chiefs, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, etc across other stations.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #20
Pablo Escobar Jr.
Veteran Member

Pablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond repute
I hope there will be some funny talk radio stations, and maybe some with older music.

Cos basicly, imo all modern day music sucks.

Hot Buttered Soul
Pablo Escobar Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #21
Wando

Wando is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Gotti
Yea was sweet cuz it added to the mafia feel
IS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Explosion
It's modern day, so modern rock - Kaiser Chiefs, U2, Arctic Monkeys, The Killers, Bloc Party, Franz Ferdinand, Eskimo Joe, Arcade Fire, Fratellis, Oasis, The Strokes... the soundtrack can kick so much ass if done properly.
It's the modern day but still the classics get as much airplay as the new music :] I hope there will be two rockstations like in SA. And Tommy "Nightmare" Smith makes a return!
Wando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #22
Amnesiac
Newbie Member

Amnesiac is an unknown quantity at this point
Vrock in Vice city was a great, and I also had a soft spot for K-Jah in 3. I even bought the album "scientist rids the world of the evil curse of the vampires."
Classy!

I'm not really bothered what music is in this one. I'm more likely to be annoyed at the music choices if its big bands, as the music in San Andreas was a bit hit and miss for me.
11:43 Time for a brown ring bagel
Amnesiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #23
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
I'm hoping for a techno station, at least.
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #24
Sonikdude750
you cant handle the truth

Sonikdude750 is on a distinguished roadSonikdude750 is on a distinguished roadSonikdude750 is on a distinguished road
Techno and hard rock are practically a must. I'd also like to see some J-pop, but that's not gonna happen.
Sonikdude750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #25
Comeback209

Comeback209 is on a distinguished roadComeback209 is on a distinguished roadComeback209 is on a distinguished road
A chat station is pretty much guaranteed. I lost driving missions because I'd just start to crack up over the things they've said.
Comeback209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #26
tmac9wr

tmac9wr is on a distinguished roadtmac9wr is on a distinguished road
In my opinion we'll see (much of this has already been mentioned):

Rap Station
Rock Station
KJah
KChat
Techno
Spanish
Pop
Classical
Flashback FM
Classic Rock

and given the main character:
a Classical Russian Station....
tmac9wr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #27
Himuro
These boots are made for walking

Himuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura about
Hopefully not the shit they play on the radio waves. Give us underground tracks PLEASE. For the love of God, not top 40 stuff. 2000's mainstream music is AWFUL.
Himuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #28
Himuro
These boots are made for walking

Himuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by ash_735
Vampilehunter : You wern't impressed with the variety in VC and SA? A bit ridiculous really as they had the best music in the GTA3 series.
This is a minority opinion, but I liked GTAIII's radio a lot more.
Himuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #29
Comeback209

Comeback209 is on a distinguished roadComeback209 is on a distinguished roadComeback209 is on a distinguished road
The Techno station from GTAIII was good, VC soundtrack was my personal best(aside from the radio adds from GTA2), every song seemed perfectly set, Not to mention Love Fist. SA was ok, Didn't like the rock station too much, the songs on there I seemed to have heard a billion times before, so I was usually on either Classic Rock, Radio-LS, or just Chat.
Comeback209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #30
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Himuro
This is a minority opinion, but I liked GTAIII's radio a lot more.
I'm not saying GTAIII had crap Radio, infact it's genious in its own way, if you've been around here long enough you'll know what I'm like when it comes to the soundtrack of these games.

@Comeback209: There wasn't a techno station in GTAIII, there was Head Radio, which claimed to be Rock but was more Electro-Pop and there was Rise FM which is Trance.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote