Old 03-29-2007   #1
RollingStones

RollingStones will become famous soon enoughRollingStones will become famous soon enoughRollingStones will become famous soon enoughRollingStones will become famous soon enoughRollingStones will become famous soon enoughRollingStones will become famous soon enough
Yes!!! Realism!!!

Saw the trailer 30 minutes ago. Apart from the great graphics and the fact that we know the city (Hoping for mulitple cities btw), it's truly great that Rockstar haven't gone all cartoonish on this game. I always considered it a bit of a let down that while GTAIII had awesome graphics, they made it all more cartoonish in VC, SA, LCS and VCS. The realism seems to be back here. That's great news. I like the idea of the Eastern European guy. We see that dude in the trailer, but who's to say it's the actual guy you control? Same with the voice: Who says it belongs to the playable character?
It all looked stunning. I loved every second of it. I still hope you can make your own gang, gang sign, character and such.

After watching the trailer a Laszlow comment comes to mind: "Uh that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy".

Can't wait.

RollingStones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #2
TwiztidDragonX
TwiztidDragonX

TwiztidDragonX is on a distinguished roadTwiztidDragonX is on a distinguished roadTwiztidDragonX is on a distinguished road
I said this in another post. I just hope the realism in the cutscenes/trailer holds up in the gameplay. I hate when cutscenes have amazing graphics that disappear when actual gameplay starts.
TwiztidDragonX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #3
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
Keep in mind Rockstar North uses in-game cutscenes almost always. I think the only exception was Manhunt.
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #4
Werdoop

Werdoop is on a distinguished roadWerdoop is on a distinguished roadWerdoop is on a distinguished roadWerdoop is on a distinguished roadWerdoop is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwiztidDragonX
I said this in another post. I just hope the realism in the cutscenes/trailer holds up in the gameplay. I hate when cutscenes have amazing graphics that disappear when actual gameplay starts.

ya like in god of war, but gta usually sticks with the same graphics for cutscences
Werdoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #5
TwiztidDragonX
TwiztidDragonX

TwiztidDragonX is on a distinguished roadTwiztidDragonX is on a distinguished roadTwiztidDragonX is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny Foreli
ya like in god of war, but gta usually sticks with the same graphics for cutscences

True. but with the next gen consoles I don't want there to be that certain "flow" that disappears. if the look stays the same thats great but heres another example, say you go to get a mission and the cutscene starts in the background theres people walking cars driving things like that. then when gameplay starts back up the AI that looked perfect in the cutscene just totally goes to shit. I hope that makes sense lol.
TwiztidDragonX is offline   Reply With Quote