Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2007   #1
truekiller

truekiller is on a distinguished roadtruekiller is on a distinguished roadtruekiller is on a distinguished roadtruekiller is on a distinguished roadtruekiller is on a distinguished road
For all of you who think...........

that GTA IV is not in liberty city, watch the trailer again, on the back of the boat it says clear as day LIBERTY CITY.
truekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #2
.:nemesis:.
Wicked Member

.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all
But a boat moves from city to city.
.:nemesis:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #3
Jay
(V) (;,,;) (V)
Wicked Member

Jay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond repute
Yes because its not possible for a boat to have come from Liberty. Besides who cares, the game looks like any other game out there. There's nothing special about it, i expected better really.

I dunno i felt more "woah" back in the VC and SA days.
Old 03-29-2007   #4
Macey
Registered Whore

Macey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud of
It could be a throw off. Like CM said, a boat moves.
Old 03-29-2007   #5
WhatWhat
Banned
Banned

WhatWhat is an unknown quantity at this point
why dont we have an argument about the brand of the guys jacket in the trailer, would be less pointless.
WhatWhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #6
truekiller

truekiller is on a distinguished roadtruekiller is on a distinguished roadtruekiller is on a distinguished roadtruekiller is on a distinguished roadtruekiller is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay
Yes because its not possible for a boat to have come from Liberty. Besides who cares, the game looks like any other game out there. There's nothing special about it, i expected better really.

I dunno i felt more "woah" back in the VC and SA days.
yeah i know what you mean, VC especially blew me away, who knows maybe this is just a teaser
Old 03-29-2007   #7
truekiller

Heres a question if it isnt Liberty City what do you think they will call it???
Old 03-29-2007   #8
.:nemesis:.
Wicked Member

.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all
Going from the trailer, i would guess at New York obviously.
.:nemesis:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #9
truekiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Clansman:.
Going from the trailer, i would guess at New York obviously.
why would they call it New York? They didnt call Vice City Miami, and they made up close but not the same names for all the main cities in SA, just an observation
Old 03-29-2007   #10
abpat_2k1
Newbie Member

abpat_2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Come on, Liberty City could be found on numerous other places besides the boat. It was there on the Ferry Terminal where the letters "L" and "T" seems to have fallen off from "LIBERTY". Also in the shot of a busy square, you can see " I LOVE (heart) LIBERTY" and I think I also saw Liberty City written somewhere in the same vicinity in San Andreas logo style fonts.

Also if you see in the trailer, you will notice a church squeezed between some twoering buildings. Isin't it eerily similar to the one we saw in GTA 3?
abpat_2k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #11
Free Mike
Registered Abuser

Free Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by abpat_2k1
Also in the shot of a busy square, you can see " I LOVE (heart) LIBERTY"
I must have missed that. Do you remember the time in the video you saw this?
Old 03-29-2007   #12
Lettermaniac
To Die For
Veteran Member

Lettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really nice
You see a police car with 'LCPD' written on it's side in one shot. Obviously it's LC, just greatly revamped.
Lettermaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #13
abpat_2k1
Newbie Member

abpat_2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Mike
Around 30 secs into the trailer.
abpat_2k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #14
truekiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Mike
yeah i didnt see that
Old 03-29-2007   #15
truekiller

ok so we can assume it is Liberty City but do you think that that will be the only city?