Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2007   #16
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtaGuy
Hmm... think driver 2 and...

CD 1 CHICAGO, HAVANA
CD 2 LAS VEGAS, *other city lol*

I think either two disks as things being different, or, well, R* will surprise us with something...
Actually you can play all of the cities on one disc, the story was what was on different discs.
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #17
Nirvana 4 Life
Bmx 4 life

Nirvana 4 Life is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olin
Actually you can play all of the cities on one disc, the story was what was on different discs.
Correct, it was the stories that were on separate disks, looking back now, Driver 2 was incredible for a PS1 sandbox game.

Nirvana 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #18
Kwanza

Kwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enough
Rockstar will find a way. We know for sure they're hiding something. This is my theory on it, but I know theres still a lot more to the GTAIV than we know so far.

The "Things will be different." thing at the end of the last Rockstar E-mail, was said in the end of the trailer. I really think this is a sign that there's still more to come from them and different trailers.
Kwanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #19
Oleander

While it's true that san andreas was 4.67 gigs, about 3 and a half of them were taken up from the radio streams and other sound effects, and san andreas had a LOT of radio streams. that means that the entirity of san andreas and everything in it only took up an honest gig on the disk, comprising geometry and textures. It's entirely conceivable that all three cities could fit on a dual layer DVD9 as long as the sound files were compressed to all hell, and they might have to cut out a bunch of the radio streams that would be on the bluray version if that's what it comes to.
Old 03-29-2007   #20
Kwanza

Kwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enough
Rockstar has a history of sometimes breaking our hopes in half, or not giving us what we really wanted, but they replace it with stuff we never thought of or expected and always turn out an awesome game! Stuff we speculate and dream about may not come true, but we know Rockstar will pull through and still give us an awesome game.
Kwanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #21
ReLLo
Banned
Banned

ReLLo is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by afterfl0w
NOTE: THIS IS NOT FACT, NOR AM I TRYING TO START A RUMOR. THIS IS STRICTLY A THEORY, OR AN IDEA THAT I THOUGHT UP.

Alright, first I'm basing this off the end of the trailer. The main character's speech, it sounds like he's Russian. The way he says "Perhaps here, things will be different.", makes it sound like he's talking about the country in general, as compared to Russia, or his home country.

My theory is, I really doubt for one Rockstar would stick to ONE city, and get rid of the countryside despite how popular it was. I could be wrong, but I don't even think NYC or Manhattan has a lot of country side. What I am expecting Rockstar to do, is release a few more trailers. This first one kinda showed off Liberty City, in all it's revamped and beautiful glory. What if the next trailer shows off a completely different city?

Another hint towards this theory is the posters that say FlyUSA, which kinda hints that there is an airport, and possibly another way to get between cities.

Discuss, add, or debate against the theory, but don't hold me to it.

I agree before you even said it.

LOL

But me and my homeboy were talkin about that as soon as we finished San Andreas you know? Haha.

We were thinkin, all the old ones, and one new one.

This Liberty City though... Is different I'm sure, maybe they're recreating the maps from the FIRST GTA?
ReLLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #22
TwiztidDragonX
TwiztidDragonX

TwiztidDragonX is on a distinguished roadTwiztidDragonX is on a distinguished roadTwiztidDragonX is on a distinguished road
I never played it either I picked up when 2 came out but if they revamp the gta one map could we maybe see an expantion pack like we did for one with London or maybe another city? Or maybe London will be one of the downloadable episodes.
TwiztidDragonX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #23
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleander
While it's true that san andreas was 4.67 gigs, about 3 and a half of them were taken up from the radio streams and other sound effects, and san andreas had a LOT of radio streams. that means that the entirity of san andreas and everything in it only took up an honest gig on the disk, comprising geometry and textures. It's entirely conceivable that all three cities could fit on a dual layer DVD9 as long as the sound files were compressed to all hell, and they might have to cut out a bunch of the radio streams that would be on the bluray version if that's what it comes to.
If the game does indeed span multple cities it would be an incredible achievement for Rockstar to fit the game on a single DVD9. My guess is either the game will be limited to Liberty City, or the 360 version will need to ship on multiple disks, even if that means installing some data on the HDD to prevent the player from having to swap disks all the time. The problem is, Microsoft has a policy that prevents publishers from shipping games on multiple disks unless the extra disk contains non-interactive special features or something. The other problem is since a hard drive isn't standard on all Xbox 360s like it is on PS3, developers can't take advantage of it to the same extent since not everyone has the same hardware. I'm sure Microsoft will make an exception in both cases though since we're talking GTA here.

As for the size of San Andreas, it's true that most of it was audio. However if GTAIV is set in multiple cities you can probably expect more audio than in San Andreas. The audio in GTAIV will also be of much higher quality to take advantage of surround sound just like every other next gen game out there, and that takes up significantly more space. Textures and polygonal meshes in the game are much higher resolution than in San Andreas, therefore taking up more space. The game engine itself is also much more advanced than the old GTA engine when you consider all the new lighting, shading, phisical, and particle effects being added - all of which take up a lot more space on the disk. So if the game planned to ship on a single DVD, Rockstar has a lot of work ahead of them.

Core i5 2500K @ 4.8 GHz || 16 GBs 1600 MHz DDR3 || Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 || Dual 128 GB SSDs

Last edited by Piggus; 03-29-2007 at 11:34 PM..
Piggus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #24
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
As time progresses, so does the quality of compression. San Andreas used 32 KHz 160 kbps VBR quality OGG encoding for its audio. We might see a better use of compression this time around. Radio will always be stereo.
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #25
almostrodney

almostrodney is an unknown quantity at this point
was thinking regarding the size of the c.d's and the fact that there will be excusive downloadable content for the xbox360, maybe this is because of the lack of size of the c.d's for xbox with ps3 having blue ray (50 odd gigs) and xboxs 9dvd (9 odd gigs)
anyway the point im making that they can fit all of the detail on ps3 but because of the lack dvd size, on the xbox u will have to download what the blue ray will have, if u get what im saying
basicaly as an example on ps3 u can go to all the citys as you prgress through the game
but in xbox u have to compleate a section *libirty city* then have to download the content to get to vice city and so on and so forth

sorry i probs dont make much sence but its really late
almostrodney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #26
John JJ

John JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura about
I really hope VC is in it. Also if you know NYC well there are alot of bridges in and out. Those could lead to somewhere.
Old 03-30-2007   #27
FG
CJ would be so proud

FG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to behold
People in NYC go to Florida with out a second thought ,even if your low on duckets. And this is a make beleif world . The distance can be managed by Rosk* so lets all hope an pray.....even if you dont pray ... just do it

Last edited by FG; 03-30-2007 at 07:18 PM..
FG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #28
The top Don

The top Don is an unknown quantity at this point
never thought of that, xbox 360s content might be already on PS3
Old 03-31-2007   #29
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olin
Radio will always be stereo.
I think you're right there, since real life radio always is. It's the envronmental sounds that would/could be surround.
Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007   #30
PicoDeath

PicoDeath is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by almostrodney
was thinking regarding the size of the c.d's and the fact that there will be excusive downloadable content for the xbox360, maybe this is because of the lack of size of the c.d's for xbox with ps3 having blue ray (50 odd gigs) and xboxs 9dvd (9 odd gigs)
anyway the point im making that they can fit all of the detail on ps3 but because of the lack dvd size, on the xbox u will have to download what the blue ray will have, if u get what im saying
basicaly as an example on ps3 u can go to all the citys as you prgress through the game
but in xbox u have to compleate a section *libirty city* then have to download the content to get to vice city and so on and so forth

sorry i probs dont make much sence but its really late

Nah, that's not what it is. Xbox360 is getting extra content which the ps3 isn't getting, no doubt microsoft have paid alot for it.

[ Sign up to my forums! | 360 Gamercards ]
PicoDeath is offline   Reply With Quote