Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2007   #31
billyboy_999

billyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to behold
Wonderful. And the 'g' stands for game, not graphics.
Yeah, mob/mafia is always fun, I guess. Should be pretty intense, now we have a real russian dude.
billyboy_999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #32
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyuio
all of you wanting that eurepha- i dont know how to spell it
youll be dissapointed to find out there using the RAGE engine (Rockstar Advance Graphics Engine
They can still implement physics. RAGE is just the visuals.
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #33
br0kebusta
Newbie Member

br0kebusta is an unknown quantity at this point
Seeing that car react to the bump on the road in the teaser made me so happy. I hated how in the previous GTA, when you were going too fast, your car becomes very uncontrollable and seems to be floating.
br0kebusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #34
BigMike

BigMike is on a distinguished roadBigMike is on a distinguished roadBigMike is on a distinguished roadBigMike is on a distinguished road
I never experienced that Brokebusta....But I'm gonna say we wont have realistic driving physics...but a living breathing city will definitely be present
Old 03-29-2007   #35
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Mike
I didn't see any motorcycles. That has me worried. I care more about the physics for bikes more than any other vehicle.
Motorcycles were banned in Liberty City in 1998

.. but I'm sure that's not going to be the case here. This trailer, remember, was only a glimpse of what is to come. We're all going to be surprised for what Rockstar has in store for us this October.
Old 03-29-2007   #36
Scott

Pets and children are also banned.

If Carcer City is in GTAIV though, maybe we'll see the return of the Zaibatsu corp? Considering GTA2 was set in the future, around 2010, which is closer to present day now.

Hmm I'd really like to see a more in depth storyline though I think. To do with family and etc. Sure CJ's mum and brother died, but you never even got to see them in game. If you get a glimpse of family life and then it's taken away..that'd add a real personal edge.

Also I couldn't give a shit about CJ's family as he ended up just annoying the shit out of me.
Old 03-29-2007   #37
BigMike

BigMike is on a distinguished roadBigMike is on a distinguished roadBigMike is on a distinguished roadBigMike is on a distinguished road
CJ won't have any part in this story...unless you meet him in one mission where you deal with maybe a ghetto gang or something..CJ possible goes back to Liberty City?

But I expect to see the Forellis again, as well as the Leones
Old 03-29-2007   #38
Shadow Conception

Shadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud of
Just for the record, graphics are part of the immersive experience in modern gaming. If an amazing game with shit graphics is released on the PS3/360, not many people will be interested by it. Most people would use the word "unacceptable" to express what they're seeing on the screen.

The very end of the trailer with the guy talking really had me, though. Could this be a much more story-oriented GTA than before? Personally, with this guy's background, with the city, and with the amazing visuals and hype it's generated, I would LOVE a deeper story with prominent character development. Not just running errands for a dude and then betraying him because he screwed you over. That's not a story, that's boring and overused.
Shadow Conception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #39
billyboy_999

billyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to behold
I'm with you on the graphics part, but after playing alot of next-gen games, you kinda take the graphics for granted. With oblivion, it was amazing becuase that was the first of its kind, but now, you better have oblivion-level graphics or fail.
But with the deep story, I wonder if they can pull it off. GTA isn't very serious to begin with, if they do a really good story they better make sure they do it right. Otherwise it's just going to be cheesy
billyboy_999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #40
C-Bullets
Playboy X

C-Bullets is on a distinguished roadC-Bullets is on a distinguished roadC-Bullets is on a distinguished roadC-Bullets is on a distinguished road
I wonder what year this takes place, definatly after 2001/2. Also I wonder who he'll work for from the previous games.
C-Bullets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #41
SA

SA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enough
I wonder if the liberty tree site will be updated again ?
SA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #42
Ipenguin

Ipenguin is an unknown quantity at this point
I was thinkin about the real new your traffic and then lookin at the trailer..... Im sorry but I want traffic jams of taxis. Can you imagine the havok you could make with a traffic jam. Throw a grenade in the middle and watch what would happen! I also thing huge groups of people walkin would be very interesting.

Ipenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #43
Lettermaniac
To Die For
Veteran Member

Lettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really nice
Oh yeah, that's something I've always wanted. There were totally empty moments in VC, III, and San An. I want there to be gridlock at the busiest times, that would be great.
Lettermaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #44
Huey_Pilot

Huey_Pilot is on a distinguished roadHuey_Pilot is on a distinguished roadHuey_Pilot is on a distinguished roadHuey_Pilot is on a distinguished roadHuey_Pilot is on a distinguished road
I didn't like the idea of new york at first, but now imagine a base jump off the top of the empire state building, with or without a chute. Thats gonna be crazy
Huey_Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #45
C-Bullets
Playboy X

C-Bullets is on a distinguished roadC-Bullets is on a distinguished roadC-Bullets is on a distinguished roadC-Bullets is on a distinguished road
Like I said in another thread I would like to run business's and do mission's for them like in Vice City.
C-Bullets is offline   Reply With Quote