Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2007   #16
Free Mike
Registered Abuser

Free Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonJames
Okay. Here is a grisly thought.

I really DO live in Boston, and I really do remember the fateful day upon which our lives all changed. 9/11/2001 was a horrible, horrible day. But I'm wondering whether Rockstar has addressed any of this story in this game.

I'm assuming that the game will take place AFTER the events of that day. If they have done this, then I'm wondering whether there will be any mention of those buildings.

Do you think that they would dare put the pit that exists in the real Manhattan -- you know, the giant, open wound in the earth that used to be two tall buildings...?!

Or do you think that they will punt, and just leave it alone?

All speculation. And this is why I wrote in the title PLEASE DON'T READ this message if you live in NYC, unless you have a really strong stomach.

Thanks.

- James
I think you're being a little too dramatic. We do not know the time period exactly, but I'm sure R* has put a lot of thought into that. They don't shy away from controversy, but I'm sure they wouldn't do anything disrespectful of that disaster. My guess is that they'll totally avoid it.
Old 03-29-2007   #17
billyboy_999

billyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyguy
I REALLY REALLY REALLY want rag doll physics. I think it would make gta much better.
I don't think you have to worry about that.

About the WTC.... probably should have made another thread, but I think there's a good chance they won't include anything about them. There's already enough controversy about GTA itself, no need to add more fuel to the fire.

If GTA IV is based on NYC, there might not need to be any additional cities. If they use ALL of NYC as material, it might be enough by itself.
billyboy_999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #18
Free Mike
Registered Abuser

Free Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonJames
Hey Mike:

First, love your sig. It cracks me the hell up.

Second, I'm ALWAYS overly-dramatic. My middle name is Joseph. Which means that I am extremely, over-the-top, just gonzo bonkers frooty-eh DRAmAtiC...!!!!

(I have no idea what that means.)

I have had too much coffee.

- Jiimmy-Bob... a Bob a bob bob bob bob...
Hah, call me crazy, but I like you.

The WTC thing is a very important thing to bring up though since this does seem to be modeled off NY, if not being NY itself. I will be very interested to see what they do with that.
Old 03-29-2007   #19
SA

SA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enough
anybody see the graffiti on the truck when they were on what "looks" like manhattan bridge ?
SA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #20
Jay
(V) (;,,;) (V)
Wicked Member

Jay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond repute
I really hope they don't bring it up. I don't want to keep hearing about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA
anybody see the graffiti on the truck when they were on what "looks" like manhattan bridge ?
it IS Manhattan bridge.
Old 03-29-2007   #21
abpat_2k1
Newbie Member

abpat_2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Considering how they removed the so called terrorist missions from GTA3, I don't think they would risk dealing with any mention of 9/11. But then, aren't their chances of maybe placing a memorial of sorts denoting Ground Zero? Will that be deemed slanderous as well?
abpat_2k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #22
SA

SA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enough
No it's not.

It looks like it. Manhattan bridge does NOT have those lifts next to it in real life.
SA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #23
boxman

OK heres what im 99% sure will happen in the next gen gta(s). This will be the actuall NYC not liberty city ( liberty city doesnt have the statue and the empire state building) The caracter is either russian, or middle eastern ( his accent says russian, his look says middle eastern) and they will most likely make the next gta's in Miami( the actual miami not vice) and L.A las vegas and san francisco, which will be kickass.
Old 03-29-2007   #24
Free Mike
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxman
OK heres what im 99% sure will happen in the next gen gta(s). This will be the actuall NYC not liberty city ( liberty city doesnt have the statue and the empire state building) The caracter is either russian, or middle eastern ( his accent says russian, his look says middle eastern) and they will most likely make the next gta's in Miami( the actual miami not vice) and L.A las vegas and san francisco, which will be kickass.
I wish that were true, but I think you're wrong. It says Liberty City everywhere in the trailer and there is even an LCPD police car. Just like in San Andreas, there real life landmarks, but the cities themselves were overall different. I could be wrong, but that's how I see it.
Old 03-29-2007   #25
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Mike
I wish that were true, but I think you're wrong. It says Liberty City everywhere in the trailer and there is even an LCPD police car. Just like in San Andreas, there real life landmarks, but the cities themselves were overall different. I could be wrong, but that's how I see it.
Got it down to a tee there, how I see it too.
Old 03-29-2007   #26
Spread Da Love
.__.
Newbie Member

Spread Da Love is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxman
Umm... Why would Rockstar do exactly the same settings as in previous 5 games instead of new ones?
Spread Da Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #27
Scott

Well why would they go back to LC a fourth time ont eh next gen?

GTA1 - LC, VC, SA
GTAIII - LC
GTALCS - LC (obviously)

I guess maybe they ran out of ideas, or maybe they wanted to take another shot at NY, seeing how realistic they could make it on this gen of consoles.

Russian mob/mafia wise..I'd say we're gonna have a decent story.
Old 03-29-2007   #28
Lettermaniac
To Die For
Veteran Member

Lettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really nice
Definatley, I'm glad we're back to a mob story.
Lettermaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #29
Rylo
Legendary Mem- Oh wait :(
Banned

Rylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the rough
I think with the Russian mob story, it'll be pretty fun and hopefully have diversed missions, but still sticking to GTA styled missions.
Rylo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #30
qwertyuio
The world needs some love

qwertyuio is on a distinguished roadqwertyuio is on a distinguished road
all of you wanting that eurepha- i dont know how to spell it
youll be dissapointed to find out there using the RAGE engine (Rockstar Advance GAME Engine )

and you people arnt thinking, EPISODIC CONTENT, notice the big freighter that said liberty city on it? then remember the statue of liberty?, two seperate cities so two cities, the game is released episodically so you could go between the cities
oh and... since this is for ps3 and xbox 360, i think there will be more people and cars, lots more, because these sytmes can handle it

PROOF:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GTA_IV
and besides the game engine notice under the "Things will be differnt" section a little into the paragraph it says "The trailer is about 1:03 in length, and it reveals that the game takes place (at least partially) in Liberty City, a fictionalised New York City"

Last edited by qwertyuio; 03-29-2007 at 07:35 PM..
qwertyuio is offline   Reply With Quote