Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2007   #31
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by abpat_2k1
Also if you see in the trailer, you will notice a church squeezed between some twoering buildings. Isin't it eerily similar to the one we saw in GTA 3?
Yeah I noticed that, where you get missions from in LCS.

Pretty sure it will be called Liberty City, the only game so far to use a real name was London 1969.
Old 03-29-2007   #32
nOs jOn
Amateur Member

nOs jOn is an unknown quantity at this point
haha, is there anyone who actually thought it wasn't liberty city?

the tracks at the beginning are mighty familiar too.

I really hope it expands, maybe to Vice City and San Andreas.
nOs jOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #33
BigMike

BigMike is on a distinguished roadBigMike is on a distinguished roadBigMike is on a distinguished roadBigMike is on a distinguished road
Liberty City won't be the only City...I'm saying this because...remember when San Andreas was just coming into our lives?? We only knew of one place...By august...the immense detail this game has to offer will be known to all...

EDIT: Also....I doubt the game will be called Liberty City...I'm gonna say it will be called..Grand Theft Auto 4...When all other GTA games were released with a teaser...we were given a name..this one is given the name GTA 4...thats what I'm thinking..also...I'm gonna say its not gonna be called GTA Liberty City because there will be more than one location.

Last edited by BigMike; 03-29-2007 at 07:21 PM..
BigMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #34
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
It's called Grand Theft Auto IV, that's been confirmed, there should be no question.

The setting is Liberty City, a completely recreated and larger version. There's much more to be revealed, this trailer only touched on the setting.
Old 03-29-2007   #35
BigMike

BigMike is on a distinguished roadBigMike is on a distinguished roadBigMike is on a distinguished roadBigMike is on a distinguished road
Thats what I'm trying to say...I hope they add surounding areas to Liberty City though...it would be very cool
Old 03-29-2007   #36
billyboy_999

billyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to behold
The thing that worries me is if it is called Liberty City, but it's a completly different LC, they might go for an alternate storyline kinda thing, and none of the stuff in the previous GTAs would matter.
billyboy_999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #37
br0kebusta
Newbie Member

br0kebusta is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike
Thats what I'm trying to say...I hope they add surounding areas to Liberty City though...it would be very cool
Like Carcer City?

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyboy_999
The thing that worries me is if it is called Liberty City, but it's a completly different LC, they might go for an alternate storyline kinda thing, and none of the stuff in the previous GTAs would matter.
It's not the first time they do this. They also did this with GTAIII
br0kebusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #38
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
Doesn't mean they can't reintroduce any characters from previous titles. Remember, Claude was used before but had major changes.
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #39
Scott

Claude was in GTA2, looked very similar clothing wise. Led people to believe he is the same one that was in GTAIII and obviously SA.

I would say there are likely going to be character references, whether it's the Leone's or the Forelli's, someone from another GTA will pop up at some time.
Old 03-29-2007   #40
BigMike

Russians Verse the Italians...highly believable...It happened in the Boondock Saints...

I'd like to see an all out gang war..I'm hoping for the best and deepest storyline yet in a GTA game
Old 03-29-2007   #41
br0kebusta
Newbie Member

br0kebusta is an unknown quantity at this point
But if they do, I don't think it the very same person, just the one from this city... If you know what I mean .. :S
br0kebusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #42
FG
CJ would be so proud

FG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike
Russians Verse the Italians...highly believable...It happened in the Boondock Saints...

I'd like to see an all out gang war..I'm hoping for the best and deepest storyline yet in a GTA game
Yeah , Rockstar has plenty of story material to work with ,on that idea!
FG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #43
Pivotto
Loading - Please Wait

Pivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura about
VC wasn't all that great as people say it is IMO, I don't get why everyone loves it.
Pivotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #44
swallowed

swallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pivotto
VC wasn't all that great as people say it is IMO, I don't get why everyone loves it.
I loved Vice City. The Story,look, and the feel of the game made it awesome imo, it also introduced motorcycles and helicopters into the GTA series.
swallowed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #45
FG
CJ would be so proud

FG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to behold
GTA VC one great game , an we will soon have one more
FG is offline   Reply With Quote