Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2007   #16
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
However, there's a scope of confusion whether the name would be.
The ship has a mention of Liberty City.

Huge thanks to K-evin for this signature.
Asif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #17
Free Mike
Registered Abuser

Free Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lettermaniac
You see a police car with 'LCPD' written on it's side in one shot. Obviously it's LC, just greatly revamped.
Still don't see the shirt or the police car... =/
Old 03-29-2007   #18
.:nemesis:.
Wicked Member

.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all
I've also just posted that the train in the Ferry Terminal shot has "Liberty" on it ?
.:nemesis:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #19
truekiller

truekiller is on a distinguished roadtruekiller is on a distinguished roadtruekiller is on a distinguished roadtruekiller is on a distinguished roadtruekiller is on a distinguished road
also in one of the screens there is a sign for the liberty tree
truekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #20
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asif
However, there's a scope of confusion whether the name would be.
The ship has a mention of Liberty City.

Ooh, notice in that shot, pedestrians working, doing their jobs, living their lives. I think we have much to expect with the AI in GTA IV
Old 03-29-2007   #21
swallowed

swallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lettermaniac
You see a police car with 'LCPD' written on it's side in one shot. Obviously it's LC, just greatly revamped.
What time in the trailer did it show the Police Car?
swallowed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #22
Nediar
Piece Of Shit

Nediar is just really niceNediar is just really niceNediar is just really niceNediar is just really niceNediar is just really niceNediar is just really niceNediar is just really niceNediar is just really niceNediar is just really niceNediar is just really niceNediar is just really nice
LCPD car gives it away really.

imo its LC. with a strong strong New York theme and obvious landmarks *which will most likely be named something else, but similar to the actual landmark names*

I know everyone is saying they are disappointed, but really, give it time. Wait for more info, the next trailer, in-game play movies and so on till we decide if we like it or not.

XBL: SteveOTNS

Last edited by Nediar; 03-29-2007 at 06:27 PM..
Nediar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #23
Lettermaniac
To Die For
Veteran Member

Lettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really nice
Yeah, it's exciting Slim. You can see two people sitting on their front steps in the shot with the brownstone houses in it.
Lettermaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #24
Free Mike
Registered Abuser

Free Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nediar
LCPD car gives it away really.
It would for me also if I could see it!

Anybody got the time on that?

EDIT:

Nevermind, found one at the :29 mark.
Old 03-29-2007   #25
SA

SA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enough
I think it's Liberty city now. At first I thought it was NYC, but it just has A LOT of resemblances. First of all , there isnt a LIFT next to the manhattan bridge. LOL, so something is kind of different. I believe it's liberty city, they've just added a lot of things from New York.

But I don't know, I'm still kinda 5050. I'm not trying to think of the setting right now, because the trains look just like NYC, the route destination said 6, or A which are both NYC subway lines.

Real answer is, I dont know.
SA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #26
trigger888

Its in LC.... if u look at gtagaming.com's screenshots, first page, at the very middle bottom one. you can see a sign on the left that says 'welcome to liberty city', there is also a sign for the liberty bell, the infamous newspaper in gta3. Nuff said on that topic.
Old 03-29-2007   #27
SA

SA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enough
Oh ok, LC. I paused the trailer, and I saw the LCPD police car. final conclusion.
SA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #28
stephen_robinson
don't tase me bro!

stephen_robinson is an unknown quantity at this point
For a start how could anyone think its not liberty city...it says everywhere.
Old 03-29-2007   #29
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future

Just for anyone who haven't seen. LCPD, far right.
Old 03-29-2007   #30
swallowed

swallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really nice
Finally got to see it, thanks Slim
swallowed is offline   Reply With Quote