Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2007   #1
Himuro
These boots are made for walking

Himuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura about
I don't like the realistic graphics

I don't like how it looks realistic. I guess part of the charm was due to the lack of polygons, they were forced to make the world and its inhabitants more stylized. Now that it's so realistic, it kind of takes away from the charm of the series.

While that looks great graphically and all, it lacks that charm. It's hard to describe.
Himuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #2
Phil
"When in doubt, C4"

Phil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of light
those graphics dont look great to me at all..

Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #3
comics22
Do the Testris shuffle!

comics22 is on a distinguished roadcomics22 is on a distinguished roadcomics22 is on a distinguished road
screw charm lol. now when car mods are accualy made they will fit right in. wish they would have showed like in game action.like 2 cars smashing or a cop chase or something.
comics22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #4
Chazzer3

hopefully we'll get more detail soon enough!
Old 03-29-2007   #5
John JJ

John JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura about
Looks sweet. I think so.
Old 03-29-2007   #6
qwertyuio
The world needs some love

qwertyuio is on a distinguished roadqwertyuio is on a distinguished road
i hope the collisions look better and more detailed, they probably will with theses graphics
Old 03-29-2007   #7
noah m5
Wierdo
Amateur Member

noah m5 is on a distinguished roadnoah m5 is on a distinguished roadnoah m5 is on a distinguished roadnoah m5 is on a distinguished roadnoah m5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillipOstrit
those graphics dont look great to me at all..

I think the graphics are a good thing! I mean there still not amazing, but for a GTA game, even a next-gen one, there still pretty fucking good.
Old 03-29-2007   #8
BigMike

BigMike is on a distinguished roadBigMike is on a distinguished roadBigMike is on a distinguished roadBigMike is on a distinguished road
Ok...what are you expecting?? Its next gen... I guarantee you more people would flip a shit if we saw PS2 graphics for this opening teaser..
Old 03-29-2007   #9
C-Bullets
Playboy X

C-Bullets is on a distinguished roadC-Bullets is on a distinguished roadC-Bullets is on a distinguished roadC-Bullets is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike
Ok...what are you expecting?? Its next gen... I guarantee you more people would flip a shit if we saw PS2 graphics for this opening teaser..
Exactly.
C-Bullets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #10
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah but these graphics will be considered crap given time.
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #11
—Skeet Swayze—

—Skeet Swayze— is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Himuro
I don't like how it looks realistic. I guess part of the charm was due to the lack of polygons, they were forced to make the world and its inhabitants more stylized. Now that it's so realistic, it kind of takes away from the charm of the series.

While that looks great graphically and all, it lacks that charm. It's hard to describe.

The realism has quite the opposite affect, actually.

In reality, the hyper-stylized visuals -- dynamic weather and lighting -- helps create the gritty atmosphere of a living, breathing city.This version of GTA actually looks like a real city, whereas VC and SA looked like caricature of the cities they were supposed to be, in this case Miami and Los Angeles respectfully.

Clearly, R* wanted to get branch away from the cartoony graphics and step it up a notch, QED in IV's trailer.

Last edited by —Skeet Swayze—; 03-30-2007 at 01:13 AM..
—Skeet Swayze— is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #12
Huey_Pilot

Huey_Pilot is on a distinguished roadHuey_Pilot is on a distinguished roadHuey_Pilot is on a distinguished roadHuey_Pilot is on a distinguished roadHuey_Pilot is on a distinguished road
I'm hoping for some good collision damage for cars and trucks.
Huey_Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #13
X-reS
Looks better in real life.

X-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to behold
The graphics were not cartoony they were just out of proportion. The environments seem realistic ,but the character model doesn't. Sure its model had realistic shading and coloring ,but it seem slightly stylized. His proportions were off ,but on purpose.
Old 03-30-2007   #14
Himuro
These boots are made for walking

Himuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura about
After furthre consideration, and more viewings of the trailer, I definitely dig the style.
Himuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #15
Kwanza

Kwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enough
The charm isn't just in the graphics, it was in the animations and the way people acted, which we haven't seen a lot of yet.
Kwanza is offline   Reply With Quote