Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2007   #271
StuButler
Newbie Member

StuButler is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi,

I watched the clip a few times, WOW.

I'm not sure if its been mentioned, but i noticed a High Speed Train (least i think it is):

Also, where would two parallel bridge's be if this is liberty city, i thought we only saw those in Vice City and San Andreas

Thanks,

StuButler
StuButler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007   #272
.:nemesis:.
Wicked Member

.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all
Nice find, i'm not saying it isn't, but as the video rolls, the object isn't moving and looks rather short, but only time will tell.
.:nemesis:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007   #273
jayuk2

jayuk2 is an unknown quantity at this point
im warmig to this game even more now, aslong as the framerate is goodo and stuff doesnt pop up out of nowhere, the visual will be a treat.
jayuk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007   #274
Antonio Montana

Antonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura about
Has someone made out what it says instead of Cyclone on the GTAIV version of it.. look what I mean:

Antonio Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007   #275
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
The rollercoaster is called Screamer.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007   #276
Rebel_biscuit

Rebel_biscuit is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuButler
Hi,

I watched the clip a few times, WOW.

I'm not sure if its been mentioned, but i noticed a High Speed Train (least i think it is):

StuButler

Its not a train its part of the supporting strut of that cable car line

theres one to the left too

Last edited by Rebel_biscuit; 04-03-2007 at 07:00 AM..
Rebel_biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007   #277
tootricky
Newbie Member

tootricky is an unknown quantity at this point
The "Stature of Liberty" is not carrying a torch IMO... I'm sure its a can of "sprunk" or similar... and don't her feet look like sneakers to anybody else? I'm sure they've parodied the old girl!

Also, it looks like there may be no need to visit a burgershot or pizza place if the hotdog stand in the background is anything to go by..

http://files2.gtanet.com/gta4/screen...trailer_18.jpg

Last edited by tootricky; 04-03-2007 at 08:14 AM..
tootricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007   #278
Nirvana 4 Life
Bmx 4 life

Nirvana 4 Life is an unknown quantity at this point
GTA Iv Set in 2006 or Later

Since the trailer-shot with all the pedestrians passing by (times square) shows a glimpse of hearst-tower through the street on the left side, and considering that hearst tower only was finished in 2006, it looks like GTAIV is set in 2006 or later.

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=272424

Very good find by patrick, this really helps with the story line and date, I'm glad its set in modern times.

Nirvana 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007   #279
tootricky
Newbie Member

tootricky is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow, very observant... This pretty much pins the date to very modern day. I think this should be merged with teh official trailer thread... IMO
tootricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007   #280
Wicked Member

.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all
Good find N4L

/Threads merged
Old 04-03-2007   #281
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
Perhaps this has been mentioned in previous pages but...

It seems to me that the person driving the cars in the 2nd and 3rd shots is the "main" character (of this trailer at least). The blue car by the Screamer and the grey car by the housing. Has anyone mentioned or confirmed this...?
Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007   #282
Wicked Member

It has been noted that it's the same person, but wether it's the main character, idk.
Old 05-05-2007   #283
washablemarker
Amateur Member

washablemarker is on a distinguished roadwashablemarker is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel_biscuit
anyone noticed the giant shark in the trailer?
perhpas a nod to Vice city
where's that at?
washablemarker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007   #284
Wicked Member

washablemarker please dont post in threads that have been inactive for 2 weeks or more, you have already necroposted in here.

I suggest you read the rules which say...

11. Necroposting is when you find a thread that has been inactive for a set amount of time and then post in it again.
Anyone who brings a Thread back to life on day 14 or later is necroposting and they will receive a 3 day ban. If you are confused what makes a necro, look at the date of the last post and add the number 14. If your calendar is on or past that date, it is a necro. An update by the original poster in the Thread is not a necropost.
Old 05-06-2007   #285
Llama

Llama has much to be proud ofLlama has much to be proud ofLlama has much to be proud ofLlama has much to be proud ofLlama has much to be proud ofLlama has much to be proud ofLlama has much to be proud ofLlama has much to be proud ofLlama has much to be proud ofLlama has much to be proud ofLlama has much to be proud of
washablemarker, please read the rules. Bumping of old threads like this is not allowed.

When I'm alone and bored I think of Alec and then I throw up
"I don't mind straight people as long as they act gay in public."
Llama is offline   Reply With Quote