Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2007   #166
stoudimaire

stoudimaire is an unknown quantity at this point
Ok I haven't posted in these forums since 12/05 but I think it was definitely worth posting after this hiatus. Wow, the game looks awesome and the even though the trailer is full of details - there's still so much mystery and teasers that Rockstar is hiding from us. And I also gotta represent my city, New York City baby!! Hopefully with all the details now, my apartment block in Queens pops up lol.

And for those who may dislike the fact that another GTA game is based on NYC, fear not. Remember, Rockstar is perhaps the smartest video game company out there now. The past three main GTA games (excluding 'Stories') showed the brilliance of this company. And I'm sure IV wouldn't disappoint either.

The character's Russian-type accent only foreshadows the transcendence of location in this game. I'm thinking it's gonna span several cities to countries, with New York City to possibly Russia from this first trailer alone. And to think, there's still another 4 months of revealed info that'll show how massive this game will be compared to San Andreas.

And once again, Queens baby! NYC!

- P.S: if Asif is reading this, amar bangali bhai, kamon acho? Thoome Dhakar lok. Ami Dhanmondi te jonmo hoise. But anyways, just wanted to say watup to another fellow bengali.
stoudimaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #167
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
Also I believe the opening scene at the amusement park was Coney Island (or LC's version of it).
Old 03-29-2007   #168
.:nemesis:.
Wicked Member

.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all
Here's two screens from the trailer that show something with Liberty in it...Thread Link.

This shows the Liberty Tree Office and new shops.

This one shows another two signs of Liberty, above the Ferry sign and on the train/ferry.

.:nemesis:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #169
Asif
Moderator =)
Godlike Member

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
stoudimaire, khub khushi hoilam ei forum a arek bangali ke peye.

On topic, can anyone spot on what is the real-life reference of this (SCREAMER)?

Huge thanks to K-evin for this signature.
Asif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #170
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
Like I said Asif, I think it's Coney Island.
Old 03-29-2007   #171
Asif
Moderator =)
Godlike Member

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by phreak
Ah much cool! Then those are the roller-coaster tracks, I was puzzled into thinking that as another bridge. hehe!

Edit: According to Phreak, I think it must be referenced from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coney_Island_Cyclone.

Old 03-29-2007   #172
Lettermaniac
To Die For
Veteran Member

Lettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really nice
That would be so awesome to ride
Lettermaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #173
pitchshifter_psi
Hey Snake, there are lasers there.

pitchshifter_psi is infamous around these partspitchshifter_psi is infamous around these partspitchshifter_psi is infamous around these parts

ped pic
Old 03-29-2007   #174
Gupi
In the hizzouse

Gupi is on a distinguished roadGupi is on a distinguished roadGupi is on a distinguished roadGupi is on a distinguished road
Damn! These peds look too damn good to kill!
Old 03-29-2007   #175
Lettermaniac
To Die For
Veteran Member

Lettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really nice
Wow, that is detail. Stuff in her bag, muscles, even her cheeks. Woah.
Lettermaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #176
The Dave
Straight Fuckin' Original

The Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by phreak
I was thinking the samethang.
Old 03-29-2007   #177
SA

SA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enough
Ok , resemblances. These are some photos I took a minute ago.

Brooklyn Bridge

Manhattan Bridge and me, LOL.

Manhattan bridge

and coney island

Make your comparisons.
SA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #178
Tendercrisp
Been making Mcconaughey jokes since long before...
Addicted Member

Tendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to behold
Possibility of Vice City?

If you pause the video on 4 seconds and look directly above the word MEGA on the sign, you will see a really small sign saying visit VICE CITY $300. Good eyes required.
Tendercrisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #179
Asif
Moderator =)
Godlike Member

It's hard to spot on low-res movie, but yeah, it does say something like Vice City.

Old 03-29-2007   #180
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tendercrisp
If you pause the video on 4 seconds and look directly above the word MEGA on the sign, you will see a really small sign saying visit VICE CITY $300. Good eyes required.
Yeah I noticed that too. GTA: Vice City II, VC reborn. God that would own.

http://pnmedia.gamespy.com/planetgra...eens/shot1.jpg