Old 04-17-2007   #1
TwiztidDragonX
TwiztidDragonX

TwiztidDragonX is on a distinguished roadTwiztidDragonX is on a distinguished roadTwiztidDragonX is on a distinguished road
Drinking

Ok all this talk about the realism in this game made me think. I know this has been brought up but just imagine if you could go to a bar, shoot pool like in SanAn, and drink and the effects are clear(blurred vision, stumbling,trouble handling car, slurred speech,etc.)Might be fun. Also you could sit and go shot for shot with the character lol see if you pass out in the game or real life first.
TwiztidDragonX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007   #2
cox
Certified Tester

cox is an unknown quantity at this point
I'd love to see that. Especially if Niko is Russian.

It would also be sweet to see the effects of stronger drugs, like Flash in The Warriors. I hope Niko won't be a weiner on the subject like CJ was.
Old 04-17-2007   #3
Pignoah
While you make pretty speeches.

Pignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud of
Yeah I thought there should be a drug or something which fucks up your driving. Like that one in Vice City.
Old 04-17-2007   #4
Free Mike
Registered Abuser

Free Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the rough
I'd like to see that also.
Old 04-17-2007   #5
nOs jOn
Amateur Member

nOs jOn is an unknown quantity at this point
that would be dope with the blurred effect an all, you could spend your days in GTAIV as a drunk, randomly shouting shit at people, waking up with traffic cones.. people callling you an alkie as you stumble down the street. Hopefully it aint so real that you have to go pee against walls after a binge.
nOs jOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007   #6
Busa
OceanO
Newbie Member

Busa is on a distinguished roadBusa is on a distinguished roadBusa is on a distinguished road
yeah that would be a laugh
Busa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007   #7
TwiztidDragonX
TwiztidDragonX

TwiztidDragonX is on a distinguished roadTwiztidDragonX is on a distinguished roadTwiztidDragonX is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nOs jOn
that would be dope with the blurred effect an all, you could spend your days in GTAIV as a drunk, randomly shouting shit at people, waking up with traffic cones.. people callling you an alkie as you stumble down the street. Hopefully it aint so real that you have to go pee against walls after a binge.

Peeing on a wall should be a mini game lol you get like $50 if you write your name
TwiztidDragonX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007   #8
will99
Banned
Banned

will99 is on a distinguished roadwill99 is on a distinguished roadwill99 is on a distinguished roadwill99 is on a distinguished roadwill99 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkComputer
Yeah I thought there should be a drug or something which fucks up your driving. Like that one in Vice City.
Yeah...download New vice city 2004 mod and you can go into bars a get drunk...LOL! :lol:
I hope that can happen in IV!
will99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007   #9
Holster
Xbox Addict

Holster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to behold
Yeah, that would be cool and more realistic. Like on Vice City when you take one of them pills it goes all slow and stuff, but the annoying thing is that when you go in a car your vision goes back to normal..

Many thanks to The Shy Child for the sig,
XBL GT: USASoccerStar93
Holster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007   #10
Fry
Your Mother

Fry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to behold
Yeah that is a good idea, They should also do it for weed too and i don't think it would be banned because Saints Row had it in there.
Old 04-18-2007   #11
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fry
Yeah that is a good idea, They should also do it for weed too and i don't think it would be banned because Saints Row had it in there.
Yeah but this is GTA, the name alone makes it 10x more evil compared to other games according to the meia I wouldn't drinking if the side affect of it was like in Vice City, the mission Boomshie Saigoon, where the camera goes all weird and the driving is less responsive and swirves some times.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007   #12
will99
Banned
Banned

will99 is on a distinguished roadwill99 is on a distinguished roadwill99 is on a distinguished roadwill99 is on a distinguished roadwill99 is on a distinguished road
Yeah, It makes it more realistic like that.
will99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007   #13
RubberDuck
Mr Xion
Loyal Member

RubberDuck is on a distinguished roadRubberDuck is on a distinguished roadRubberDuck is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwiztidDragonX
Peeing on a wall should be a mini game lol you get like $50 if you write your name

Hahaha sweet idea

I'd love to drink and stuff in the game.. Would add a lot of fun, driving drunk etc.
Old 04-18-2007   #14
Scott

If you've ever played Boiling Point: Road to Hell, it has that in it.

If not go get it, it'll be cheap. So funny to get drunk off tequila then try and drive around, but you just end up mowing down peds
Old 04-18-2007   #15
Phil
"When in doubt, C4"

Phil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of light
Disclaimer: I havn't read through all posts..

If i dont remember wrong.. we did have a mission in VC with Phil, where the vision got all blurry and shit.. this is the kind of effect we want in conjuction with drug/drinking in IV?

if so, im all in.. im sure it could be simulated way better with the new engine..

Phil is offline   Reply With Quote