Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2007   #16
WhatWhat
Banned
Banned

WhatWhat is an unknown quantity at this point
Well the way i see it it would be flexible so you could move in and out of multiplayer mode.
WhatWhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007   #17
Clayton
BINGO BANGO BONGO

Clayton has a brilliant futureClayton has a brilliant futureClayton has a brilliant futureClayton has a brilliant futureClayton has a brilliant futureClayton has a brilliant futureClayton has a brilliant futureClayton has a brilliant futureClayton has a brilliant futureClayton has a brilliant futureClayton has a brilliant future
Multiplayer GTA would blow, IMO.

Anything more than the sort of thing they had in San Andreas. That was cool to mess around with every so often.

...Just what I've always wanted, a four-wheeled coffin to call home.
Clayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007   #18
WhatWhat
Banned
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rylo
Still, that was a ree-tar-ded post fyi.
Ok, i've come to the conclusion in my head that you are one of these geeks i was talking about, if thats wrong then insult me again however you like.

I cant see what your issue is with a mode that is entirely optional and you can turn off at anytime.
Old 03-28-2007   #19
Rylo
Legendary Mem- Oh wait :(
Banned

Rylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the rough
@Clayton: Exactly. That is basically what I meant in my post 2 posts above. Little tiny side missions or even just free-roaming, shooting up people/cars. Online though, imo, would be alright if they did it right. Not like in Saints Row, god no.

@DumbDumb: Good job judging over the internet. Someone who types and backs his opinion SURE IS A BIG HUGE NERD. Go away, pest.

It would probably be best if we stopped arguing and screwing over the thread. You'd like multipler, I wouldn't.

Last edited by Rylo; 03-28-2007 at 02:36 PM..
Rylo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007   #20
WhatWhat
Banned
Banned

Ok so your somebody who reckons a multiplayer situation in the game, entirely optional, sucks. but when its online its okay "if they did it right" as you put it. Now doesnt that scream to me that your the kinda person who doesnt have any freinds but wants to play multiplayer so wants online. Now sorry if somehow me makeing a judgement from that is "re-tar-ded" but to me it seems fairly logical.

p.s. well done for bringing this conversation down to this amazingly fucking re-tar-ded level
Old 03-28-2007   #21
Rylo
Banned

Rylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the rough
Forgive me for not wanting to have basically "a chain" on how far you and your friend who is playing with you can go like in San Andreas. That is the main reason it would UTTERLY SUCK. Now jesus fucking christ, shut up, everyone is entitled to there own opinion, drop it.
Old 03-28-2007   #22
WhatWhat
Banned
Banned

Okay for one thing i wasn't the one who started insulting the other one for having a differnt opinion, you drop it. And for another,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rylo
Forgive me for not wanting to have basically "a chain" on how far you and your friend who is playing with you can go like in San Andreas.
who in fucks name said it anything about that. It's kinda obvious your realising your losing this so are just coming up with random shit like that. So forget it, im gone.
Old 03-28-2007   #23
Rylo
Banned

Actually, I said "You just made possibly the stupidest post I have ever seen." to you saying whatever you said about "nerds not buying the game" or something, not insulting you for having a different opinion. I gave my reasons and you started to get pissed.

@ the second part: It's obvious you would have something like what was in San Andreas. Keeping you together for short distances, etc, etc. They could do splitscreen, but that wouldn't go well. That is one of my reasons for not wanting a multiplayer in game, because of the distance you can and can't go with your friend. wow.
Old 03-28-2007   #24
SoReal
Birmingham...uk's ghetto
Newbie Member

SoReal has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton
Multiplayer GTA would blow, IMO.

Anything more than the sort of thing they had in San Andreas. That was cool to mess around with every so often.
yep,cosign on that one.

Just make it the same but without the distance restrictions.Add the options to play deathmatch etc etc via servers just a extra thing.
SoReal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007   #25
jayuk2

jayuk2 is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah a multiplayer over xbox live or whatever without any real restrictions would be dope. of course the whole map would be alot 2 ask for......

the mod for gta sa for pc tho, wassit the whole map or what?
jayuk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007   #26
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayuk2
yeah a multiplayer over xbox live or whatever without any real restrictions would be dope. of course the whole map would be alot 2 ask for......

the mod for gta sa for pc tho, wassit the whole map or what?
The Multiplayer in LCS and VCS closed off areas. for example you chose where to fight, Portland, Staunton Island or Shoreside Vale, and the bridges would be closed off.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007   #27
element3215
Eat, sleep, Gta!

element3215 is on a distinguished roadelement3215 is on a distinguished roadelement3215 is on a distinguished roadelement3215 is on a distinguished roadelement3215 is on a distinguished road
good find man. very interesting
element3215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007   #28
Pivotto
Loading - Please Wait

Pivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura about
Why is everyone saying online multiplayer would suck? Have you ever played MTA? It's way too much fun, it makes the game worth buying so much more. GTAIV should be:

Offline Single Player Story
Online Multiplayer Non-Story (Like MTA)

End of story.
Old 03-28-2007   #29
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pivotto
Why is everyone saying online multiplayer would suck? Have you ever played MTA? It's way too much fun, it makes the game worth buying so much more. GTAIV should be:

Offline Single Player Story
Online Multiplayer Non-Story (Like MTA)

End of story.
Yes, that would Rock, that is normal multiplayer, people are saying that if the game is a MMO it would suck.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007   #30
Pivotto
Loading - Please Wait

Pivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura about
Straight up MMO would blow, but if the online they included had MMO elements such as Gangs (clans/guilds) and what not, that might be a nice little touch, I highly doubt that would happen, but it'd be nice to see.