If it's an MMO, I will wait for reviews 10 23.81%
No way man 8 19.05%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-27-2007   #1
TONY_ak47
WarofArt

TONY_ak47 is an unknown quantity at this point
Would you buy GTA IV if it was an MMO?

As many people have suggested, this might occur, so when launch date comes would you buy it? Please vote ^^.
Old 03-27-2007   #2
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, i think it's a longshot for it to become a MMO. But if it did, i'd wait for some gameplay videos and ask some friends for opinion that played the game. Then i'd consider buying it in the first place.
Old 03-27-2007   #3
UnleadedPenguin

UnleadedPenguin is an unknown quantity at this point
If it's a GTA game, I'll buy it. I'd buy it if it's an MMO, and I'd bankrupt myself paying the subscription too. I'd buy it if it was a friggin' solitaire card game with GTA characters on the deck. I'm addicted.
Old 03-27-2007   #4
noah m5
Wierdo
Amateur Member

noah m5 is on a distinguished roadnoah m5 is on a distinguished roadnoah m5 is on a distinguished roadnoah m5 is on a distinguished roadnoah m5 is on a distinguished road
The only thing that is going to hold me back from getting GTA is if I can't get a 360, but even then, I should get one for Christmas if I can't sooner. I'd really prefer if it wasn't a MMO, though.
Old 03-27-2007   #5
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
I'm buying GTA IV no matter what. Already have it pre-ordered and paid off anyway.
Old 03-27-2007   #6
Antonio Montana

Antonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura about
No way, man.. they would ruin the series, and I would hate the GTA that it has become! But I ensure myself it will not be a MMO, and it most likely won't!
Antonio Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007   #7
War-Pig

War-Pig is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnleadedPenguin
I'd buy it if it was a friggin' solitaire card game with GTA characters on the deck. I'm addicted.
Okay.. So now I want a pack of cards with GTA characters on.

And yes. I would buy it if it was an MMO. I've bought every GTA so far, so just because they change things round a bit, isn't going to stop me.
War-Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007   #8
Gupi
In the hizzouse

Gupi is on a distinguished roadGupi is on a distinguished roadGupi is on a distinguished roadGupi is on a distinguished road
GTA online? Oh yes please (has to be optional though).
Old 03-27-2007   #9
TONY_ak47
WarofArt

TONY_ak47 is an unknown quantity at this point
I realize that it probably won't be an MMO. But still it's interesting to know if people want an MMO GTA, personally I wecome change. So yes I would get an MMO GTA.
Old 03-27-2007   #10
SoReal
Birmingham...uk's ghetto
Newbie Member

SoReal has a little shameless behaviour in the past
if the gta4 gives you option to play deathmatch or free roam via the internet with players from across the net FOR FREE then yes.If you mean no missions but all online (like counterstrike) and you have to subscribe then no way!!!

Sorry if im reading what you guys put wrong :S lol
SoReal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007   #11
HH
Cupcake

HH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gupi22
GTA online? Oh yes please (has to be optional though).
Oh. My. Fucking. God.

I haven't seen you in YEARS. LITERALLY.

But yeah. If it's an MMO, I'll still buy it. I would think it would feel less GTA-like (not as immersive of a storyline), but I would still buy it nonetheless. I have always loved GTA, even throughout the drastic changes.
Old 03-27-2007   #12
SoReal
Birmingham...uk's ghetto
Newbie Member

SoReal has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonJames
Change is not always good -- look at the change in our global climate as the result of pollution in our atmosphere!!!
imma go wayyyyyyy off topic but just had to say;

it wernt pollution that is causing global climate to change,Its always changed.I mean england used to be a tropical forest.What killed the dinosaurs and ice age people??? i dont think it was because they was all drivin 4x4 jeeps, lmfao!

anyway...lol
SoReal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007   #13
Gupi
In the hizzouse

Gupi is on a distinguished roadGupi is on a distinguished roadGupi is on a distinguished roadGupi is on a distinguished road
I think most everyone here vastly underestimates how much profit the Multiplayer Online genre brings in so i wouldn't find it odd for them to exploit it. Though the core game will be the same awesome series we've come to love, i wouldn't be surprised if there was an option to connect with your mates to play online. Gangs (teams of players) Vs. Gangs would be totally sweet. Though we might be getting a little ahead of ourselves . Lets wait & see what the trailer brings.
Old 03-27-2007   #14
Skript

Skript is an unknown quantity at this point
I wouldn't be so quick as to say "OMG ITS GTA I MUST BUY IT". I don't know if any of you played Matrix Online. But that game stank and the hype surrounding it was massive. MMO's are completely different to normal games. They usually contain alot of false promises and dev fuck ups.
Skript is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007   #15
Rylo
Legendary Mem- Oh wait :(
Banned

Rylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the rough
Umm, well considering I already got it pretty much, I have to get it. If I wouldn't of pre-ordered it, I might not've just because of certain MMO's with alot of hype that failed.
Rylo is offline   Reply With Quote