Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2007   #1
UniqueK98
Newbie Member

UniqueK98 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Demo Or No Demo Thats The Question

Hello everyone, this is my first post since San Andreas came out. I just want to say first off it is great to be back at my favorite website with a ton of other nuts waitin for the same thing as me. Well no more of that, I just wanted to know what everyone elses thoughts about whether or not they should release a demo on the PS3 store or just make everyone wait till it comes out on the release date. Also if you have any thoughts on what they plan to do about online play would be greatly appreciated. Sorry this is a little long and it might have been asked before but I figured I'd bring it up again if so. Happy waiting and please post replys.
UniqueK98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #2
T-Virus
Obscured By Clouds

T-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura about
I am pretty sure that there won't be a demo on this game. Rockstar doesn't usually release demos on their games.
T-Virus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #3
UniqueK98
Newbie Member

UniqueK98 is an unknown quantity at this point
Not true. The bully had a demo, max payne, and midnight club all had demos. Granted they all dont but some do.
UniqueK98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #4
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Highly, HIGHLY doubt Rockstar would release a demo. In my opinion, playing demos of games like GTA before they're out can really ruin the whole experience.
Old 03-05-2007   #5
I'm a Robot
Look down the barrel and
Loyal Member

I'm a Robot is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Trashman
Highly, HIGHLY doubt Rockstar would release a demo. In my opinion, playing demos of games like GTA before they're out can really ruin the whole experience.
Same here.
Old 03-06-2007   #6
Antonio Montana

Antonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Trashman
that's right! what's the point of playing ahead, some mission that you'll get to later and explore some part of city that you get to later in the game? even if they release the demo, I won't play it..
Antonio Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007   #7
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
GTA Demos havn't happened (since GTAIII at least, I'm not sure about the top downs) and will probably remain unlikely. I'd try to avoid it if there were one but I'm not sure I could. Trailers, screens and info are plenty to whet the appetite for new GTA.
Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007   #8
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
No, there won't be a GTA IV demo.
Old 03-06-2007   #9
Gamaya

Gamaya is a jewel in the roughGamaya is a jewel in the roughGamaya is a jewel in the roughGamaya is a jewel in the roughGamaya is a jewel in the roughGamaya is a jewel in the roughGamaya is a jewel in the roughGamaya is a jewel in the roughGamaya is a jewel in the roughGamaya is a jewel in the roughGamaya is a jewel in the rough
I hope there won't be one, I wouldn't want to play a demo of it, I'd want it to be new when I first play it.
Gamaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007   #10
Pivac

Pivac is an unknown quantity at this point
It doesn't need a demo, it's GTA!
I think it would ruin the whole experience, just like Slim said.

I've downloaded Command & Conquer 3 demo few days ago, and have to admit that I really enjoy playing it. Game is surely awesome. But it's different when it comes to GTA.
Pivac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007   #11
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Ever since GTAIII, Rockstar like to not release Demos for GTA games since they want to keep things such as Music, Enviroment and set up a secret til the game is actually released.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007   #12
Cutts
Omniscient
Addicted Member

Cutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud of
Yeah, I think thats good about R*. They are passionate enough about the games they make enough to just give the fan a little taster, and then the fan will want it even more! But yes, not gonna happen. Ever.
Cutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007   #13
BigMike

BigMike is on a distinguished roadBigMike is on a distinguished roadBigMike is on a distinguished roadBigMike is on a distinguished road
See..Demo's are simply to see if you really like the game

Its fucking Grand Theft Auto..!!! of course everyone will buy it.... haha there will be no demo....and I am 99.99 percent sure of this

Rockstar has not even released any info on the game yet...which basically means..you wait for the game and you buy it when it comes out...that helps sell it better
Old 03-26-2007   #14
Vortigern

Vortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura about
How would they make a demo, if they restricted the movement area, people would get a bad thought about the game. The file would also be enormous.
Vortigern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007   #15
.:nemesis:.
Wicked Member

.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all
You do have a point with the restricted area, but the filsize is easily suited to a DVD and at 4.2Gb is surely enough space, i can't forsee a demo before the release though.
.:nemesis:. is offline   Reply With Quote