Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2007   #1
ballabeata
Schaffe

ballabeata is on a distinguished roadballabeata is on a distinguished roadballabeata is on a distinguished road
Thoughts on setting

I keep thinking about that thing on the radio from GTAIII that says "...in nearby Carcer City, Police Chief Gary Shaffer is cleared from curruption charges..."

Does anyone think that R* could make Camden, NJ into Carcer City. Camden is very close to NYC, and is one of the most dangerous cities in the US. It is also heavily into drugs. You also have Philadelphia, PA very close to that. Beside Philly is Amish country (Lancaster, PA) which could be a country setting. You would also have the beaches in NJ to work with. I am just spit balling, because I don't think anyone has thought of this setting yet.
ballabeata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007   #2
X-reS
Looks better in real life.

X-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to behold
Actually that is referring to the Manhunt Game. Gary Shaffer is a character in the game and it take place in Carcer City.
X-reS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007   #3
ballabeata
Schaffe

ballabeata is on a distinguished roadballabeata is on a distinguished roadballabeata is on a distinguished road
I knew somewhat that Carcer City is from Manhunt. I did not know that Gary Schaffer was a character in this game. Thanks for clearing that up!
Old 03-24-2007   #4
FG
CJ would be so proud

FG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to behold
I think Carcer City could be in there , but not as the main City. My hunch is it will be a very large area , perhaps covering that area an more...all the way throu.. to cover most off the mid-west , an maybe some flights or ship rides to other countries..its gonna be a big map ...just ideas thou...coz Rock* is got a big surprze I think

Last edited by FG; 03-24-2007 at 10:54 PM..
FG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007   #5
ballabeata
Schaffe

Yeah. It will be atleast 10X the size of San Andreas (without wasted areas like back-o-beyond). Thats what I think. Chicago, Detroit, Colombus, Philadelphia, Camden, Baltimore, Boston, Atlanta, etc. could all be in it.
Old 03-25-2007   #6
br0kebusta
Newbie Member

br0kebusta is an unknown quantity at this point
Imaging the long storyline for a map that is 10x the size of San Andreas!
br0kebusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007   #7
Cutts
Omniscient
Addicted Member

Cutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to behold
Why do you think they put the episodes in?
Cutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007   #8
Havok
Oh please, no.

Havok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to behold
i hope to god its not carcer city, unless it was set in the past, becuase carcer city was such a run down decrepit peice of shit, what fun would oyu have there.
there were no cars.
no elevations to speak of.
it was just the same beat down city.
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007   #9
Cutts
Omniscient
Addicted Member

Cutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex havok
i hope to god its not carcer city, unless it was set in the past, becuase carcer city was such a run down decrepit peice of shit, what fun would oyu have there.
there were no cars.
no elevations to speak of.
it was just the same beat down city.
A perfect place to have GTA!
Cutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007   #10
FG
CJ would be so proud

FG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by br0kebusta
10x the stuff of SA ...hopefully , but the actual map most likely will not be 10x as big...just bigger
Old 03-25-2007   #11
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by br0kebusta
It won't justify it in any way.
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007   #12
X-reS
Looks better in real life.

X-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to behold
Actually the large area may seem useless to some people. But in a multiplayer situation it can end up in some interesting stuff. Think you can have large battles. Great Chases navigating through trees. Flying Chases through canyons. Territorial area battles. Maybe letting people customize area to build bases.
X-reS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007   #13
FG
CJ would be so proud

My thoughts exactly ,there may be less detail in the country side ...but it did come in handy for what your talking a bout. An also just a good place to take a break from all the Mahame in the city scape.
Old 03-26-2007   #14
tmac9wr

tmac9wr is on a distinguished roadtmac9wr is on a distinguished road
If the map is 10x bigger than SA, then I will have mixed feelings...it'll be great to have such a huge area, but sometimes I'd get trapped out in the desert or something b/c my car blew up and it'd take me 10 minutes to get back to the city haha...I realize it's realistic to be screwed if your car is destroye when you're in an area like this, but it got frustrating at times.

The main thing I'm looking for with the map is quality, not quantity. They can give you a map the size of the whole world, but if nothings in it then it will suck. Hopefully whatever size they choose will have lots of significant area to wreak havoc in.
tmac9wr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007   #15
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
It won't be 10x bigger than San Andreas, maybe 2 or 3 times the size, this game is using a whole new engine which also focuses on Quality graphics and detail. Plus if I had the choice between 10x the size of SA with slightly better graphics or 3x the Size and shit hot graphics, I'd choose the graphics. Seriously, San Andreas was more than enough for most people and most of it was left untouched by the storyline.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote