Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-2007   #16
nOs jOn
Amateur Member

nOs jOn is an unknown quantity at this point
you guys actually believe "that 70's show" is giving hints to where the new GTA is set? haha!

and where did the Chicago rumors start, seriously. I can understand why people may think Carcer City as a place, but Chicago seems pretty random.
nOs jOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #17
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Personally, I think people are looking way too into anything to be a hint or clue.
Old 03-22-2007   #18
Xeroer

Xeroer is on a distinguished roadXeroer is on a distinguished roadXeroer is on a distinguished roadXeroer is on a distinguished road
I'm ignoring everything.

Couldn't care much less about GTA IV at the moment.
Old 03-22-2007   #19
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by nOs jOn
you guys actually believe "that 70's show" is giving hints to where the new GTA is set? haha!

and where did the Chicago rumors start, seriously. I can understand why people may think Carcer City as a place, but Chicago seems pretty random.
Random? The question you should be asking is "Why haven't they done Chicago sooner?!" Chicago in size is the second largest city in the United States, yes, it's bigger than LA. There's tons of crime and lots of things similar to NYC. It hasn't been done yet (in a GTA game), and you could easily be doing mob jobs again.
Old 03-22-2007   #20
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Later tonight I'm gonna check FX for this again, anyone else going to do so as well?
Old 03-22-2007   #21
nOs jOn
Amateur Member

nOs jOn is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by phreak
Random? The question you should be asking is "Why haven't they done Chicago sooner?!" Chicago in size is the second largest city in the United States, yes, it's bigger than LA. There's tons of crime and lots of things similar to NYC. It hasn't been done yet (in a GTA game), and you could easily be doing mob jobs again.

haha nope, Chicago is still random to me man. Thinking that way, you could say why haven't they done Washington? it's your nations capital, crime an all, so why not that? or why not Texas? a big state that are all gun obessed?

what I am saying is there is plenty of reason to do almost anywhere... so why is Chicago a large factor with forums heads?

peace
nOs jOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #22
FG
CJ would be so proud

FG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by nOs jOn
haha nope, Chicago is still random to me man. Thinking that way, you could say why haven't they done Washington? it's your nations capital, crime an all, so why not that? or why not Texas? a big state that are all gun obessed?

what I am saying is there is plenty of reason to do almost anywhere... so why is Chicago a large factor with forums heads?

peace
Maybe Chicago is favored , sinse it is notorius for its mob history being one of he top mob cities in the world. Assuming GTAIV will have another mob theme , seems Chicago is as logical an likely as any other place.

Last edited by FG; 03-23-2007 at 10:48 PM..
FG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #23
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
Texas- well tbh, it sucks. Yeah Texas is big and they have alot of big cities, but you take all of Texas' cities and combine them and they still won't compare to Chicago.
DC - wow, what are you going to do?? Blow up the White House?

You take Chicago, and you compare it to Manhattan (New York City's financial/commercial/business district) and you have nearly identical cities.

Plus yes, Chicago has great mafia influence like NYC. That's what you guys wanted, right?
Old 03-22-2007   #24
X-reS
Looks better in real life.

X-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to behold
70s thing could be possible ,but the London thing is getting annoying. I would like to see a modern day game. Think about it. Its only GTA4 if it takes place in Liberty City. Now I now that they usually called Vice City and San Andreas GTA4 before they were officially announced ,so their still a chance it might be something else.
Old 03-22-2007   #25
FG
CJ would be so proud

FG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by x-Ressurected
70s thing could be possible ,but the London thing is getting annoying. I would like to see a modern day game. Think about it. Its only GTA4 if it takes place in Liberty City. Now I now that they usually called Vice City and San Andreas GTA4 before they were officially announced ,so their still a chance it might be something else.
Explain : who is they ?
I am just a simple boy from the sticks , who likes puddin .

Last edited by FG; 03-22-2007 at 08:34 PM..
FG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #26
Rurouni
Most Wanted

Rurouni is on a distinguished roadRurouni is on a distinguished road
mmmm gta being in the 70's

Youtube Account - ADD
Rurouni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #27
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

Sigh..................................

This is truly called GTA IV, can't we just get it straight? It's an ENTIRELY different era from the GTA III series. They are on the NEW, NEXT-GEN CONSOLES (Wii doesn't count).

Tell me, why would Rockstar have the domain name under IV with an "IV" logo if that's not what the name was? Even when VC and SA were new, I never saw them on the official website as IV or V.

It is GTA IV, that is all.
Old 03-22-2007   #28
FG
CJ would be so proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by phreak
Sigh..................................

This is truly called GTA IV, can't we just get it straight? It's an ENTIRELY different era from the GTA III series. They are on the NEW, NEXT-GEN CONSOLES (Wii doesn't count).

Tell me, why would Rockstar have the domain name under IV with an "IV" logo if that's not what the name was? Even when VC and SA were new, I never saw them on the official website as IV or V.

It is GTA IV, that is all.
I am with phreak on this one.
Its a new generation , the sky is the limit.
Old 03-22-2007   #29
X-reS
Looks better in real life.

X-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Explain : who is they ?
I am just a simple boy from the sticks , who likes puddin .
Rockstar. Anyways before the names for VC and SA were announced people just called them 4.
Old 03-22-2007   #30
billyboy_999

billyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to behold
The only difference is now, Rockstar is officially calling it 4. This would be the part where I would say something about how ridiciouls it is to argue about what city it'll be in, but whatever, arguing is fun. Continue.
billyboy_999 is offline   Reply With Quote