Old 03-20-2007   #31
Xeroer

Xeroer is on a distinguished roadXeroer is on a distinguished roadXeroer is on a distinguished roadXeroer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Trashman
Rockstar won't release any information before the trailer. It makes the trailer a lot more shocking for us.

I don't think these 10 days will be too hard to wait out, I mean I remember saying a few weeks ago "This is going to be a long March" well it has really flown by.
These last nine days are going to really hurt.
Only because of *my* situation.

So it's sort of weird. I can't wait, but on the other hand, I'm don't really want the day to come.
Old 03-20-2007   #32
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
I understand. You want to know. But you like the suspense? Or have I got your situation all wrong?

The suspense isn't all that bad. It's kind of fun seeing as GTA IV could be absolutely anything at this moment in time.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007   #33
Xeroer

Xeroer is on a distinguished roadXeroer is on a distinguished roadXeroer is on a distinguished roadXeroer is on a distinguished road
Actually, my driving test is on the 29th of March.

http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85659
Old 03-20-2007   #34
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
Haha. Fair enough. Speaking of which I need to get my L's before July. I've been putting it off for a year now and there changinng the rules so you have to do 100 hours instead of 50.

But still, my point original point is suspense isn't all that bad. Some speculation that's going around is great. On the contrary, I want some clarification.
Old 03-20-2007   #35
Xeroer

Trying to keep on topic about this whole ten days left (nine now) thread - I live in Sydney, too. The new laws suck.

Anyways, on-topic, does this thread turn into a count-down now, or do we have one already?
Old 03-20-2007   #36
victim

There's no real countdown I suppose. But the countdown does vary depending on time zones.

Quote:
the official time that the trailer will be available is on March 29, 2007 at 6:00 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time.
So it will actually be March 30th for Australians and New Zealanders I suppose.

Last edited by victim; 03-20-2007 at 05:59 AM..
Old 03-20-2007   #37
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
True Victim, Fri March 30th 11am for us (right LM?) so that would make it 8 or 9 am for you guys?

Also, surely the GTAIV website is the countdown.
Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007   #38
Xeroer

The trailer can't be appearing straight after 0..

Unless they have some way of it checking the server time before loading, I really don't think it will be the exact time.

If it was the exact time, they would have made it based on the server-side clock, and not the end user's.
Old 03-20-2007   #39
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
I agree that it probably won't be some sort of instant trailer-appears-as-timer-reaches-zero thing, but I would assume that within minutes they'll have it up. They could easily be ready to go prior to the release time.
Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #40
Pivotto
Loading - Please Wait

Pivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura about
While it definatley won't happen, it'd be cool if once the countdown hit 00:00:00, the countdown and the "IV" symbol would fade away and the trailer would play right away.
Old 03-21-2007   #41
I'm a Robot
Look down the barrel and
Loyal Member

I'm a Robot is an unknown quantity at this point
7 more days (where live) damn it's taking along time...Maybe i could freeze myself (Corny South Park Pun was intended).

They probably have a guy some where ready to get the trailer started when the countdown hits 00:00:00:00.
Old 03-21-2007   #42
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm a Robot
7 more days (where live) damn it's taking along time...Maybe i could freeze myself (Corny South Park Pun was intended).

They probably have a guy some where ready to get the trailer started when the countdown hits 00:00:00:00.
Just hope they can get it on the server before the masses arrive. The site will be bogged down like fux.
Old 03-21-2007   #43
I'm a Robot
Look down the barrel and
Loyal Member

I'm a Robot is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by phreak
Just hope they can get it on the server before the masses arrive. The site will be bogged down like fux.
:IDEA: i'll go a head and have it ready but i'll pull it down and open up another internet browser until it's time then i'll exit the newest internet browser and wait for the trailer.(about what you said about it's going to be bogged)
Old 03-21-2007   #44
billyboy_999

billyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to behold
Not sure how that would work, but I'll get it off other sources a while after it comes out.
billyboy_999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007   #45
Rurouni
Most Wanted

Rurouni is on a distinguished roadRurouni is on a distinguished road
damn just one day left it went by quick for me!

Youtube Account - ADD
Rurouni is offline   Reply With Quote