Old 03-19-2007   #16
jayuk2

jayuk2 is an unknown quantity at this point
i like this approach. gta sa and gta 3's way of leaking screenshots i wasnt too impressed, because people saw it n kinda forgot....well i know i did

where as gta vice city was dope how they did it, the whole kent paul website. genius
jayuk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007   #17
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5tatic

Anyway, yeah, not really excited. It's a game which i'm looking forward to no doubt, but I don't feel the same like I did when SA was coming out.
I thought I was the only one. Man, I was going crazy when I first head about San Andreas. But GTA IV hasn't got me excited anymore. Sure, it was cool when the countdown was first seen, but now I'm like "Meh".

You know, had it not been for the Stories games, there would be a shitload of hype of GTA IV right now. But people are bored with GTA. It's as if there is a new one every year and it just gets old. This is GTA IV, this is supposed to be "the big one". But right now, it's just not the same.
Old 03-19-2007   #18
juggalo_4_ever
Grand Theft Auto IV
Amateur Member

juggalo_4_ever can only hope to improve
i have a feeling that when the trailer goes live im gonna be playing it over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.....and over lol

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE LONGEST 10 DAYS OF MY LIFE LOL.
Old 03-19-2007   #19
Xeroer

Xeroer is on a distinguished roadXeroer is on a distinguished roadXeroer is on a distinguished roadXeroer is on a distinguished road
They're not hyping it as much as San Andreas or Vice City right now.

However, I've been pre-occupied with a lot of things this year, so its not affecting me really.
My days are going fast anyways.
Old 03-19-2007   #20
the punisher
Ham

the punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enough
All in good times, the hype will build up by itself after the trailer.
Old 03-19-2007   #21
Shadow Conception
Veteran Member

Shadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by phreak
I thought I was the only one. Man, I was going crazy when I first head about San Andreas. But GTA IV hasn't got me excited anymore. Sure, it was cool when the countdown was first seen, but now I'm like "Meh".

You know, had it not been for the Stories games, there would be a shitload of hype of GTA IV right now. But people are bored with GTA. It's as if there is a new one every year and it just gets old. This is GTA IV, this is supposed to be "the big one". But right now, it's just not the same.
Mainly because it's been ripped in every way possible. Games like Saints Row, Mafia, Scarface, True Crime, etc. It detracts from the overall effect. Truth is, the genre's been overplayed. Rockstar's gotta come up with something a bit more innovative to keep that same feeling.
Shadow Conception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007   #22
the punisher
Ham

the punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Conception
Mainly because it's been ripped in every way possible. Games like Saints Row, Mafia, Scarface, True Crime, etc. It detracts from the overall effect. Truth is, the genre's been overplayed. Rockstar's gotta come up with something a bit more innovative to keep that same feeling.
Yes, they should. If they don't offer anything new in GTA IV then the whole genre will get so boring.....maybe the online feature rumor? But then people will complain that they left the game's principles. Anyway, I think R* will stun us once again like they did in each of the trilogy's games.
Edit:200 Posts

Last edited by the punisher; 03-19-2007 at 08:25 PM..
the punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007   #23
Rurouni
Most Wanted

Rurouni is on a distinguished roadRurouni is on a distinguished road
the thing that will we have to be patiance about is when the game comes out!

Youtube Account - ADD
Rurouni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007   #24
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5tatic
The days will run like water. Ooh simile

Anyway, yeah, not really excited. It's a game which i'm looking forward to no doubt, but I don't feel the same like I did when SA was coming out.
Quote:
Although I can relate to this to some extent, I have to say:

Give it a chance guys. There's hardly anything to be excited about at the moment, just a logo and a promise.

All I'm saying is wait and see how you feel... things could always change.
Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007   #25
swallowed

swallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really nice
Agreed, I can't wait to see the trailer, but hopefully they will release some extra information a few weeks after the trailer debut. That will hype up IV even more.
swallowed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007   #26
Xeroer

Xeroer is on a distinguished roadXeroer is on a distinguished roadXeroer is on a distinguished roadXeroer is on a distinguished road
The thing for me is, I don't want to be excited.

If I get hyped, I'll be going crazytil the launch.
How I am now, I can wait it out smoothly.
Old 03-19-2007   #27
Lettermaniac
To Die For
Veteran Member

Lettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really nice
Quote:

You're probably not excited right now because you've gotten used to seeing the countdown and you know when it's all going down. You were excited at the start of the month because this was sudden news, as I was.

But you'll probably be pretty excited when we get the trailer and all the information floods in. I was crazy - excited when all the SA hype was going down here. I hope IV is the same.
Lettermaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007   #28
Xeroer

Hah!

Real hype will be made when they announce unexpected things.
That's when people go "oh my god, this is gonna rock.".
Old 03-19-2007   #29
Misturbate
Is this custom?

Misturbate is on a distinguished roadMisturbate is on a distinguished roadMisturbate is on a distinguished roadMisturbate is on a distinguished roadMisturbate is on a distinguished road
Damn, time flies. Can't wait for the trailer.
Misturbate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007   #30
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Rockstar won't release any information before the trailer. It makes the trailer a lot more shocking for us.

I don't think these 10 days will be too hard to wait out, I mean I remember saying a few weeks ago "This is going to be a long March" well it has really flown by.