Old 03-17-2007   #1
BeefCake4000
Newbie Member

BeefCake4000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Map Size

Since GTA3: Liberty City, the game map have become bigger with each successive series. How much bigger do you think the game map of GTA4 will be compare to SanAndreas?
BeefCake4000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007   #2
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
Welcome here.
Of course, I am expecting it to be much vaster, should be at least 3x of SA map.

Huge thanks to K-evin for this signature.
Asif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007   #3
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
As Asif said, welcome!

I really can't take a guess at how large it would be, but I hope it will be well larger than San Andreas.
Old 03-17-2007   #4
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Hopefully larger than GTASA but i'm sure DVD's won't be used anymore on the PC release. So 20GB's or more of space

Hopefully i won't be disappointed like SA
Old 03-17-2007   #5
Xeroer

Xeroer is on a distinguished roadXeroer is on a distinguished roadXeroer is on a distinguished roadXeroer is on a distinguished road
I guess at roughly San Andreas size, plus Vice City.
Old 03-17-2007   #6
UnleadedPenguin

UnleadedPenguin is an unknown quantity at this point
I really hope it isn't too large. In SA R* overstretched themselves in terms of design, most of the countryside/desert areas had absolutely nothing of interest in them and it became a chore spending ten minutes driving from city to city. In contrast, Liberty City was a relatively small map but it was crammed full of new things to find on so many levels. I would prefer they kept the map small but perfectly formed.
Old 03-17-2007   #7
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Just slightly bigger than SA but with a lot more detail, I'm talking detail here not wide open boring areas full of countryside like in SA.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007   #8
The Constantine

Mabye a bit bigger but not too bigger than SA because I also hated having to drive all that way in just like one mission.
Old 03-17-2007   #9
T-Virus
Obscured By Clouds

T-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura about
The smaller the map is the more detailed it will be. I'd like a map at the size of SA so they can consentrate on the details more than the size. But the whole map could be just one large city. Then we could have a map at the same size for an other city available through flight. maybe London.
T-Virus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007   #10
Hell Inferno X2
I'm Batman

Hell Inferno X2 will become famous soon enoughHell Inferno X2 will become famous soon enoughHell Inferno X2 will become famous soon enoughHell Inferno X2 will become famous soon enoughHell Inferno X2 will become famous soon enoughHell Inferno X2 will become famous soon enoughHell Inferno X2 will become famous soon enough
If I recall correctly, a couple of years ago a R* representative talked plans about GTA IV and that the levels would be sectioned to smaller areas with an intensive amount of detailing.
Hell Inferno X2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007   #11
Rylo
Legendary Mem- Oh wait :(
Banned

Rylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the roughRylo is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Virus
The smaller the map is the more detailed it will be. I'd like a map at the size of SA so they can consentrate on the details more than the size. But the whole map could be just one large city. Then we could have a map at the same size for an other city available through flight. maybe London.
I'd absolutely love for that to happen. Smaller maps with more detail ftw.
Rylo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007   #12
TheNamelessGuy
tässä lukee jänniä asioita.

TheNamelessGuy has a spectacular aura aboutTheNamelessGuy has a spectacular aura aboutTheNamelessGuy has a spectacular aura aboutTheNamelessGuy has a spectacular aura aboutTheNamelessGuy has a spectacular aura aboutTheNamelessGuy has a spectacular aura aboutTheNamelessGuy has a spectacular aura aboutTheNamelessGuy has a spectacular aura aboutTheNamelessGuy has a spectacular aura aboutTheNamelessGuy has a spectacular aura aboutTheNamelessGuy has a spectacular aura about
Yeah, i like the idea that new parts of the map can be unlocked by progressing in the storyline.
Old 03-17-2007   #13
T-Virus
Obscured By Clouds

T-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura about
But what if you could travel to other cities in other parts of the world.
Fex.
Rio de Janeiro
Chicago
London

You start of in Chicago, but as the story goes you get to go to London and Rio to advance your empire. After unlocking a city, it becomes available to travel to anytime you wish.
T-Virus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007   #14
The Constantine

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Virus
But what if you could travel to other cities in other parts of the world.
Fex.
Rio de Janeiro
Chicago
London

You start of in Chicago, but as the story goes you get to go to London and Rio to advance your empire. After unlocking a city, it becomes available to travel to anytime you wish.
Brilliant idea! I really like that.
Old 03-17-2007   #15
jayuk2

jayuk2 is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah i agree with the smaller or normal sized maps with more detail, imagine something between vc and sa but in great detail.

and i used 2 hate having to do the storyline to unlock the extra parts BUT after playing saints row it was a downside, and thq really misused the map. they masewell have just done the first area of the map and made the missions and activities more diverse....

as we know gta will own this time round
jayuk2 is offline   Reply With Quote