Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2007   #1
jammsbro
Autodrunk

jammsbro will become famous soon enoughjammsbro will become famous soon enoughjammsbro will become famous soon enoughjammsbro will become famous soon enoughjammsbro will become famous soon enoughjammsbro will become famous soon enoughjammsbro will become famous soon enough
system for you

i am a ps2 player and i get so jealous when i see all the screenshots of the PC players game so i am going to buy a brand new shiny PC for when IV comes out. i was counting my pennies before i heard that the PS3 will be seven times more powerful than a top end PC. does anyone know how much truth there is to this?

i dont want to spend hard earned cash on a PC when a PS3 is better
jammsbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007   #2
jayuk2

jayuk2 is an unknown quantity at this point
hmm i dont like playin games on a pc, i prefer to keep them seperate. This time round im using a xbox360 to play gta iv.

but NO console can really be more powerful than a top end gaming pc, never will either.

how long you think you will have to wait before it will be on pc? that wait would be torture lol
jayuk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007   #3
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
9 months minimal after the PS3/Xbox360 release for the PC one.

and you can buy one of these 2, all comes down to your preference.
Old 03-15-2007   #4
stenyak

Due to hardware specialization, a PS3 could be faster than a PC at the PS3 release date if used for gaming purposes (but not 7 times! maybe 25% faster? probably they'll be very even).

But the PC version will come out a while after PS3 one is out, and you can always downgrade graphics for PC version, which means you prolly won't need to spend so much if you want to upgrade your PC for playing GTA:IV.

I remember playing GTA3 with an AMD 800MHz + geForce2gts with almost no problems, and that was a pretty slow system at the time.

Last edited by stenyak; 03-15-2007 at 07:42 AM..
Old 03-15-2007   #5
jammsbro
Autodrunk

jammsbro will become famous soon enoughjammsbro will become famous soon enoughjammsbro will become famous soon enoughjammsbro will become famous soon enoughjammsbro will become famous soon enoughjammsbro will become famous soon enoughjammsbro will become famous soon enough
didnt realise it would take so long for a pc version to come out

with the ps3 hard drive do you think i'll be able to mod the game or is that not possible?
jammsbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007   #6
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammsbro
didnt realise it would take so long for a pc version to come out

with the ps3 hard drive do you think i'll be able to mod the game or is that not possible?
Yes it's probably possible, Since i knew a fast way for it on PS2. The Xbox version is the easiest to modify
Old 03-15-2007   #7
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
9 months minimal after the PS3/Xbox360 release for the PC one.

and you can buy one of these 2, all comes down to your preference.
Nah, not 9, it's more like 7-8.
Old 03-15-2007   #8
Antonio Montana

Antonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura about
look at it this way: do you want to listen to music, use programs, write documents and other multistuff or just wanna play games? If you prefer gaming, just buy a console, but if you need it for more, a PC is a must have.. consoles are stupid for me, as I have to write documents all the time, go on the internet on forums and stuff.. and if you can pick just one thing, you should buy a PC.. but as I see, you already have a PC, so I suggest PS3..
Antonio Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007   #9
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Yeah, Also remember think about which Console suits you best

Games and Accessories plus also look at how much money your willing to spend. Both consoles have a lot of great potential but depends on what you really want
Old 03-15-2007   #10
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
It's also worth buying a console if you don't want to wait around for half a year watching everyone else enjoy GTA IV while you sit back and wait for the PC version.
Old 03-15-2007   #11
Pivotto
Loading - Please Wait

Pivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura about
I have a PC and an Xbox 360, Pc of course is family, but I don't think I'd ever bother upgrading my PC for gaming, I don't care to really; and that's why I buy consoles.
Old 03-15-2007   #12
the punisher
Ham

the punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enough
Buy a console that you like, or just wait for the PC release...
Old 03-16-2007   #13
kelvintwt
NISSAN SKYLINE GT-R R34
Newbie Member

kelvintwt is an unknown quantity at this point
i've nv bought any console b4..EVERYTHING PC
kelvintwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007   #14
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

I'm more of a PC gamer myself but in the end the long wait always makes me buy the console versions. Just can't stand not trying the game for myself
Old 03-16-2007   #15
The Constantine

I have and always will stick to the Sony Playstation machines to play my GTA. Their machines bring a some what quality to the Crime spree game.