Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2007   #16
Bladexen

Bladexen is on a distinguished roadBladexen is on a distinguished road
Hell no. MMO's always have monthly fee's, I hate monthly fee's.
Bladexen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007   #17
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Rockstar would make enough in sales and downloadable content that they wouldn't need to charge us any fees, besides, they're not the type to do so.
Old 03-16-2007   #18
Lettermaniac
To Die For
Veteran Member

Lettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really nice
I honestly can't see it becoming an MMO. Just, really. I'm fine with MTA style.
Lettermaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007   #19
Xeroer

Xeroer is on a distinguished roadXeroer is on a distinguished roadXeroer is on a distinguished roadXeroer is on a distinguished road
Something tells me it won't be MMO.

Something else tells me it will have online capabilities, but not for the most part.

Old 03-16-2007   #20
Fat Man Jim
Newbie Member

Fat Man Jim is an unknown quantity at this point
if GTAIV came with an MMO and a SP campain (like the rest of the other game)
that be a 10/10 for me
Fat Man Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007   #21
Goat
Amateur Member

Goat is on a distinguished roadGoat is on a distinguished road
If GTA goes MMO then it's saying that GTA will no longer be story-driven, which is the halmark of the franchise. It would destory the unique quality and atmosphere of the game.

Can you just imagine a bunch of MMO marks battling over music soundtracks? "You stole my Cloud Song!"

I don't think GTA is going MMO. Online multiplayer, certainly. But not exclusively MMO.

Last edited by Goat; 03-16-2007 at 08:17 AM..
Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007   #22
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
I'd like to see this come as a Online Upgrade for Multiplayer Gang Warfare. If this would mess with any way with Single Player then it's just a mess. GTA wasn't made to be MMO from the beginning
Old 03-20-2007   #23
Skript

Skript is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't know if anyone remembers this but I remember reading on megagames.com early last year how a company bought some GTA code and that there was a hint that they were going to implement it into an MMO.
Not sure of the exact details.
Skript is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007   #24
Smokeydogg7

Smokeydogg7 is an unknown quantity at this point
i hope it's mmo
Smokeydogg7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007   #25
Jon P
Free your mind up

Jon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud of
I hope there's the actual off line story like all the others and an SA-MP type online and it'd be amazing if it was like Crazybobs Cops and Robbers Server one of the best SA-MP Scripts IMO
Old 03-20-2007   #26
mETAL hEAD
Smoke mad reefer!!!
Amateur Member

mETAL hEAD is an unknown quantity at this point
if Rockstar was going to make GTA a MMO, they should make 2 version of the game. One with story line, 16-32 players and the other version would be a MMO.
Old 03-21-2007   #27
Huey_Pilot

Huey_Pilot is on a distinguished roadHuey_Pilot is on a distinguished roadHuey_Pilot is on a distinguished roadHuey_Pilot is on a distinguished roadHuey_Pilot is on a distinguished road
If they make some world of warcraft monthly fee crap then I definitely am not buying it.
Huey_Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #28
maddmike
Banned
Banned

maddmike is on a distinguished roadmaddmike is on a distinguished road
the MMO could work like Test Drive Unlimited does, but a bunch of 12 year olds with AKs would annoy the Piss outta me, i can hear it now.......
12 year old- HE HE mommy got me GTA weee (gun shots)
older wiser man-WTF kid get off (gunshots)

id be fun but yeah... the imature children would realy grind my gears
maddmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #29
washablemarker
Amateur Member

washablemarker is on a distinguished roadwashablemarker is on a distinguished road
bad idea. the entire city would be in constant chaos. it would be like playing a multiplayer game of halo for the very first time in your life, and all the other players are friggun pro with mostly head shot kills.
washablemarker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #30
CaliMex
Call me CMX for short.

CaliMex is on a distinguished roadCaliMex is on a distinguished roadCaliMex is on a distinguished road
I say a GTA may be a good thing but only if it's done right. I see what washablemarker is saying though, that everything may be just too chaotic but we will have to see how it would turn out. Even thought I think it may be a good idea I still don't want them to abandon the single player GTAs and never bring another out again.

I like the storyline in GTA and I agree with Goat that there would probably be no story in the MMO. If there are 2 seperate games, one single player and one MMO, then it's all good with me. I just hope the quality doesn't suffer and that there aren't any montly fees with the MMO and I might just try it.

Last edited by CaliMex; 03-22-2007 at 02:22 AM..
CaliMex is offline   Reply With Quote