Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2007   #1
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

oppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond repute
GTA IV to be set in New York?

http://xbox360.qj.net/GTA-IV-to-have...g/49/aid/86010

Quote:
Gaming site CVG managed to sneak in one of the gazillion online forums (it didn't say which forum specifically) and learned something juicy about up and coming video game Grand Theft Auto IV (360 and PS3).

According to the site, GTA IV is set in the city that never sleeps - New York City. (Yes, we know Liberty City is based on New York City...) Furthermore, CVG added that the insider information came from someone involved in the game's soundtrack who will come up with NYC-themed music.

That part sounds interesting as we can imagine underground rock mixed with, what, Broadway. Anyway, as always, Take-Two Interactive and Rockstar are neither confirming nor denying this little detail.

Grand Theft Auto IV is expected to hit retail stores in October of this year. The first ever trailer for the game will be available on March 29. Maybe we can get some more clues once the game trailer comes out.
Could this be this band that was rumoured to be in GTA IV?'

grimmy is a gay icon
oppar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007   #2
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
I'm not believing anything until i can get official word from Rockstar.
Old 03-14-2007   #3
Pignoah
While you make pretty speeches.

Pignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud of
What the fuck? Isn't Liberty City supposed to be New York?
Old 03-14-2007   #4
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

oppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah LC is supposed to be New York.

grimmy is a gay icon
oppar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007   #5
Pignoah
While you make pretty speeches.

Pignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud of
Oh you said that, hahaha. I was about to flame you all too. Well I hope it's co,pletely different, I can't play LC again I've played it twice. GTAIII and LCS.
Old 03-14-2007   #6
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
This band info really has made too many people believe New York is a possible setting. The fact that everyone, even huge GTA fans that know all the facts, have looked beyond is that Liberty City was based off New York. It's unlikely Rockstar would use New York again.

I mean personally, I would prefer a New York setting over say a London setting, but I really want something all new. New York has already been done with GTA and used too many times with other games.
Old 03-14-2007   #7
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
I have an idea, lets wait to make assumptions AFTER we have seen the trailer.
Old 03-14-2007   #8
T-Virus
Obscured By Clouds

T-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura about
If it is a whole new city based on New York, but not like LC, totally rebuildt on a new idea and all new stuff, I'm fine with it.
T-Virus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007   #9
fluff
Dead Milkman

fluff is an unknown quantity at this point
i think if they are gonna use lc again they will expand the land at the top and put in carcer city as well

Bow chick bow wow
fluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007   #10
ballabeata
Schaffe

ballabeata is on a distinguished roadballabeata is on a distinguished roadballabeata is on a distinguished road
I highly dought it will be NYC again. They would't base a different map on a city that they have already used, and they wouldn't use Liberty City again. I personally think it will be Chicago if it is going to be in America, because we have already had the Northeastern US (GTAIII), Southeastern US (Vice City), and the Western US (San Andreas). But no Central US, which could be Chicago...i dunno though.
ballabeata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007   #11
Fat Man Jim
Newbie Member

Fat Man Jim is an unknown quantity at this point
only one game has been set in an actual city

i doubt this one will be set in NY,possible in a NY themed city,but that was what liberty city was ment to be
Fat Man Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007   #12
nOs jOn
Amateur Member

nOs jOn is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't believe a word on this New York rumor... just hype started by someone on a message board.
I think we are going to see something completely different for this next GTA, houser mentioned in a interview that San Andreas ends the trilogy..
So now they move on, away from Liberty, away from vice city and away from San Andreas.... I think we are going to see somewhere no one is really expecting.
nOs jOn is offline   Reply With Quote