Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2007   #16
Antonio Montana

Antonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura about
Yes, TNG, but we are talking about the setting, not the title.. GTA III was just GTA III, not Liberty City.. So will this be, probably.

@ST
I can explain that. USA is the most violent country on the streets, where crime is something in their life-style. You agree?
Antonio Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007   #17
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

oppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond repute
USA isn't the most violent country There are way more countries which are violent. USA are just notoriously known for the violence and gangs.

Only reason why gta wouldn't feel so 'gtaish' if it wasn't in America is because all games apart from gta:london have been in America.

grimmy is a gay icon
oppar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007   #18
Antonio Montana

Antonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura about
How do you know if GTA2 is in America?
Antonio Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007   #19
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

oppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond repute
The cover had a american yellow taxi on it.

grimmy is a gay icon
Old 03-13-2007   #20
fluff
Dead Milkman

fluff is an unknown quantity at this point
first post said lc was an island it was"suposed" to be part of the main land joined at the top of shoreside vale

Bow chick bow wow
fluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007   #21
noah m5
Wierdo
Amateur Member

noah m5 is on a distinguished roadnoah m5 is on a distinguished roadnoah m5 is on a distinguished roadnoah m5 is on a distinguished roadnoah m5 is on a distinguished road
I'm pretty sure there just going to call it GTA: IV, not GTA: IV London. The fact that London isn't an island won't matter to R*, I mean Nevada doesn't even have any ocean anywhere in the state, let alone in Vegas, whick Las Venturas was based on. I personaly think it's going to be Carcer City and not London, but London's defenitly a possibilty.
Old 03-13-2007   #22
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
GTA, so far, has been based on cities in states next to water. New York had connection to water, New Jersey had connection to water, California had connection to water and Florida had connection to water. If this is the case, we might see a place like Seattle, Washington and maybe even parts of Oregon. Hm.. It is different enough from the previous locations, I think.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluff
first post said lc was an island it was"suposed" to be part of the main land joined at the top of shoreside vale
This would explain the barrier and hills of Shoreside Vale in GTAIII.
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007   #23
NamAim1991

NamAim1991 is just really niceNamAim1991 is just really niceNamAim1991 is just really niceNamAim1991 is just really niceNamAim1991 is just really niceNamAim1991 is just really niceNamAim1991 is just really niceNamAim1991 is just really niceNamAim1991 is just really niceNamAim1991 is just really niceNamAim1991 is just really nice
I personally wouldn't mind a GTA game in set in Wester Europe in general. But TBH I'm hoping GTA: IV will be set in the US. Or maybe they'll start making GTA worlds with different continents? Who knows. Blu-Ray CAN hold alot on one disc (50 gig's Dual Layer). But then again they're also working on the 360 which holds much less on a single disc (they still use regular DVDs for their videogames so dual layer is 9 gigs like with san andreas [tho they only used about 4 for san an]). Anyways I dunno, I wouldn't be surprised if they made a city based on London in a future GTA.
NamAim1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007   #24
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by noah m5
I'm pretty sure there just going to call it GTA: IV, not GTA: IV London.
The name is confirmed at GTA IV, but for some reason there are people who bring that up a lot thinking when we have a setting confirmation, Rockstar will throw the name after the "IV".
Old 03-13-2007   #25
dejan88

GTA:IV is now rumored to be set in New York. The insider who is involved with the soundtrack states that they are going for a NYC vibe. I guess we'll just have to wait and see the trailer
Old 03-13-2007   #26
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by dejan88
GTA:IV is now rumored to be set in New York. The insider who is involved with the soundtrack states that they are going for a NYC vibe. I guess we'll just have to wait and see the trailer
NY would be cool and all. But NYC-based games are old. I mean, there's just too many imo. And Liberty City is mostly NYC in the GTA "world". But you can't leave out the possibility that maybe R* is leaning towards making GTA more realistic, and they would do so setting the game in an actual rendered city (London, NYC, Chicago etc.).
Old 03-13-2007   #27
Lettermaniac
To Die For
Veteran Member

Lettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really nice
While we're on the London topic, I think I'll mention what I've been thinking about the setting.

In VCS there were a few big London references. Some peds on the street mentioned it (I think) and it was brought up a bit on the radio. Now I don't know if Rockstar would make the references they always make to the next - games setting so obvious.

Really, who knows though. My philosophy: we'll have to wait and see.
Lettermaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007   #28
The top Don

The top Don is an unknown quantity at this point
it will probably be set in a made a place in the US
Old 03-14-2007   #29
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGAMES
Khm.. I thought Las Vegas (Las Venturas) was in Nevada, not California.. Miami isn't a island all by itself and neither is the California/Nevada setting of GTA: SA. So I guess they could make London as a city on an island without anything else around it.. also, GTA Mission Pack #1 was called London (no imaginary name) which would lead eventually to it being called London.. but R* probably won't be as predictable as the games before and will not have Carcer City or London, but some American city..
San Andreas is based on California and Vice City is heavily based on Miami. (Watched the original Miami Vice?)

grimmy is a gay icon
Old 03-14-2007   #30
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5tatic
San Andreas is based on California and Vice City is heavily based on Miami. (Watched the original Miami Vice?)
Watched Scarface? Vice City basically follows the storyline, Diaz's mansion is pretty much exactly the same as the one in Scarface.

I wouldn't mind NYC again in GTAIV, aslong as it looks nothing like LC.