Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2007   #1
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Trailer WILL appear to play 1 hour later than expected

Daylight savings was this morning, so anyone affected should now be an hour ahead. I checked the trailer countdown, and found that no changes were made due to daylight savings. What this means is the trailer will be released in the same amount of time from now even if there were no daylight savings, but will appear to be released 1 hour later than expected. So for example if you're on the east coast USA like I am, originally the trailer was set to be released at 6:00 PM, but now will be at 7:00 PM.

I know, very detailed explanation there, but I just want to make sure everyone understands that it won't launch at the originally expected time.
Old 03-11-2007   #2
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
I don't know. I still think that within minutes of the trailer reaching zero, the trailer will be made available.
Old 03-11-2007   #3
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

oppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond repute
haha i'd love for it to be an early april fools. Then I'll be seeing 'OMFG ROCKSTAR U SUK ASS' everywhere

I expect when the trailer does go up, the server will be having lots of downtime or it'll be very slow.

grimmy is a gay icon
oppar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007   #4
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
@phreak, Could be, but I'm going to have two windows of it open at the time, constantly refreshing one and letting the other hit 00 00 00 00 and then refresh that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5tatic
haha i'd love for it to be an early april fools. Then I'll be seeing 'OMFG ROCKSTAR U SUK ASS' everywhere
I would cry.
Old 03-11-2007   #5
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
The thing is, the countdown is based off your computer's clock. If you change you clock closer to the release time the countdown will say only minutes are left. Still means daylight savings are confusing for this.

Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007   #6
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy_86
The thing is, the countdown is based off your computer's clock. If you change you clock closer to the release time the countdown will say only minutes are left. Still means daylight savings are confusing for this.

I wouldn't be suprised if you set 10min before the end of the countdown and it actually showed the Link rofl.
Old 03-11-2007   #7
Rurouni
Most Wanted

Rurouni is on a distinguished roadRurouni is on a distinguished road
Im gonna try that I would see if it actully work! But then again is a waste of time!

Youtube Account - ADD
Rurouni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007   #8
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy_86

Ah, I see. Well in the end, just make sure you check the countdown a few hours before it ends to know when exactly it will end.

By the way, I changed my clock to the time the trailer launches, it just starts over at 00 24 00 00
Old 03-11-2007   #9
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
I'd guess they just going to flip flop the Index file once the time has come for the trailer
Old 03-11-2007   #10
Kodo

Kodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud of
From what I know, I'm thinking the trailer will be released moreso on the workday than the actual time the countdown says. Because when the countdown ends it doesn't just load up a trailer. Someone has to upload it and change the index file so the trailer displays, so it would be more practical for the webmaster to do this when it is convenient during his day instead of at a scheduled time.

In short, be ready for it at any time plus or minus a few hours on the countdown.
Kodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007   #11
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
It is still 5 AM in the morning of 30th March (in Bangladesh).

Huge thanks to K-evin for this signature.
Asif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007   #12
Lettermaniac
To Die For
Veteran Member

Lettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really nice
I'm pretty certain it's 11:00am in NZ (Jimmy). DST comes into affect this week I believe, so we're GMT +12 again

MEANING it's one hour earlier for NZ.
Lettermaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007   #13
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodo
From what I know, I'm thinking the trailer will be released moreso on the workday than the actual time the countdown says. Because when the countdown ends it doesn't just load up a trailer. Someone has to upload it and change the index file so the trailer displays, so it would be more practical for the webmaster to do this when it is convenient during his day instead of at a scheduled time.

In short, be ready for it at any time plus or minus a few hours on the countdown.
When they put up an actual countdown for a trailer, I'm pretty sure they won't rip anyone off. They'll stick to the scheduled time I'm sure and upload the trailer very shortly after the counter finishes.
Old 03-11-2007   #14
Lucky
That Guy

Lucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of light
Seeing as how busy the server would be, someone should save the video, and post a mirror of it here. Anyone think that makes sense? (Also, changing computer clock does not help)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don
There's loads of other fish in the sea. Stay out of the whales. Fucking fatties.
Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007   #15
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Yeah I posted earlier in the thread that changing the clock doesn't do anything It resets the countdown to 24 hours left.

I plan on converting (if the trailer is in the flash .swf) and uploading to YouTube or something.