Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2007   #16
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Rockstar always offer multi-formats for their trailers (well Quicktime and WMV) and on YouTube (The official Rockstar Channel) So I don't see why people need to convert it when it will already be availble in the format, heck it will even be available in HD as well as the Xbox Live Market Place.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007   #17
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
What I'm saying is that there's that possibility that it will be in .swf format right on that page so it will be quick to start watching asap.
Old 03-12-2007   #18
Fat Man Jim
Newbie Member

Fat Man Jim is an unknown quantity at this point
very off topic,but slim how did u make your sig
Fat Man Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007   #19
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
I would imagine that within minutes it will be all over the place on loads of fan sites etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lettermaniac
I'm pretty certain it's 11:00am in NZ (Jimmy). DST comes into affect this week I believe, so we're GMT +12 again

MEANING it's one hour earlier for NZ.
Right you are. I forgot about daylight savings until Slim posted this thread. 2.5 weeks approx to go.
Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007   #20
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah but why did Rockstar give a User specified Time setting. It could have just used the server time. Now basically its very hard to even determine the exact time the trailer will be release
Old 03-13-2007   #21
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
All the countdown timer really gives us is a rough estimate to exactly when the trailer will be released.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007   #22
Xeroer

Xeroer is on a distinguished roadXeroer is on a distinguished roadXeroer is on a distinguished roadXeroer is on a distinguished road
One hour later, one hour earlier.

Doesn't really matter, considering the hits the server is going to get from all around the world.
I'll be happy if I can see it within five hours of release.
Old 03-13-2007   #23
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
Someone among us will be right on making a thread on that instance. No worries.

Huge thanks to K-evin for this signature.
Asif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007   #24
Scott

Someone needs to be ready to rip the FLV and upload if it is in flash format.
Old 03-13-2007   #25
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
^Exactly what I'm going to be ready for.

@Asif, if that were me, I would watch through it first, stop shitting myself, then post the thread
Old 03-13-2007   #26
Antonio Montana

Antonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura about
I suggest, to anyone who is directly waiting for the trailer to download it as quickly as they can an provide it on as many servers as they can and on youtube etc.
Antonio Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007   #27
Gamaya

Gamaya is a jewel in the roughGamaya is a jewel in the roughGamaya is a jewel in the roughGamaya is a jewel in the roughGamaya is a jewel in the roughGamaya is a jewel in the roughGamaya is a jewel in the roughGamaya is a jewel in the roughGamaya is a jewel in the roughGamaya is a jewel in the roughGamaya is a jewel in the rough
There will be a set time for everyone for when the trailer will appear, *around* the time that an accurate computer clock displaying it's correct time makes the official counter hit zero. For us in the UK, the trailer *should* appear at 10pm on Thursday 29 March. Some people will have to wait until midnight, others, the morning...

And I doubt the trailer will go up straight away. There'll be some waiting. And much lag.
Gamaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007   #28
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

oppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond repute
Rockstar have a youtube director's account so it'll definitely be up there.

http://youtube.com/profile?user=rockstargames

grimmy is a gay icon
oppar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007   #29
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Yeah I never looked into that the other day when I heard of it, but I doubt it will be on YouTube until later after the release.
Old 03-13-2007   #30
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Trashman
Yeah I never looked into that the other day when I heard of it, but I doubt it will be on YouTube until later after the release.
Yeah, it takes at least an hour or two before it shows up on YouTube. That is what I noticed they did with VCS trailers.

Huge thanks to K-evin for this signature.

Last edited by Asif; 03-13-2007 at 06:43 PM..
Asif is offline   Reply With Quote