Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2007   #1
nOs jOn
Amateur Member

nOs jOn is an unknown quantity at this point
Test run GTAIV..

Rockstar North is looking for game testers. They are offering an 8month contract which if you were hired in April would finish in December... therefor its likely that GTAIV would be one of the games in that period of time that you would be required to test.

Link: http://www.rockstargames.com/jobs/

*from the page

ROCKSTAR NORTH - Games Tester

Job Description

Rockstar North is looking for enthusiastic and passionate game testers to join its QA teams. You will be expected to play through our games looking for problems and accurately reporting errors to ensure game quality before release.

The position is for a full-time fixed term contract running for eight months.

Candidates must be 18 years of age and above and provide two references. To apply please send your CV and a covering letter or email detailing your history as a gamer and why you think you have the skills to make a good tester.

Required

* Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must; as is attention to detail and good general computer skills, including word-processing; working with databases and spreadsheets.

Desired

* Previous industry experience with software QA would be advantageous but not essential.

PLEASE NOTE: Rockstar are only interested in direct applications for this position and will not be inviting agencies to forward candidates.

cv@rockstarnorth.com

Rockstar North
Calton Square
1 Greenside Row
Edinburgh
EH1 3AP
att: Recruitment

http://www.rockstarnorth.com
nOs jOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007   #2
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Damn, well good news too anyone with the experience and of age. Unfortunately, I'm under 18

Thanks for sharing this though.
Old 03-07-2007   #3
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
Some of you guys should really snap this one up asap. If I could I'd do it, but I really lack experience, a year on my life and a necessary console.
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007   #4
The top Don

The top Don is an unknown quantity at this point
ohhhhhh 3 more years
Old 03-08-2007   #5
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Rockstar NYC are also looking for Game Testers, surely someone could try out, I would but lacking a few months on age.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007   #6
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
If I was 18 I'd almost definitely do it. However I wouldn't as it would most likely involve me moving to Edinburgh.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007   #7
The top Don

The top Don is an unknown quantity at this point
someone from GTA has to be able to go (give us the info)
Old 03-08-2007   #8
Xeroer

Xeroer is on a distinguished roadXeroer is on a distinguished roadXeroer is on a distinguished roadXeroer is on a distinguished road
/me applies.
Old 03-08-2007   #9
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
Pretty interesting. I'd consider it if I didn't live about as far away from Edinburgh as you possibly can. Olin's right, someone should definately apply. Clansman lives in Scotland doesn't he?

EDIT: Nice one Xeroer!
Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007   #10
Xeroer

Xeroer is on a distinguished roadXeroer is on a distinguished roadXeroer is on a distinguished roadXeroer is on a distinguished road
Few things you should remember when applying, and those with expience know these all too well.

- Testing video games is often a dull and repetitive job.
- The pay is usually like you are doing it for community service.
- In some environments, Q.A testers have a tough time with the "higher" employees in the production team. E.g. programmers.
- Start early, finish late.
- Nothing you see/do/hear will leave the office. You will be in a legal binding contract that will prevent you from letting anyone know what you do.

I can imagine with these projects, there would be severe consequences for leaking the smallest detail.
Old 03-08-2007   #11
T-Virus
Obscured By Clouds

T-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura about
Hey! I might very well consider this. Most of the work might be boring, but it's worth a shot. I don't really have good computerskills though, but I've been through some beta testing. F.ex BF 2142 Northern strike.
T-Virus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007   #12
Xeroer

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Virus
Hey! I might very well consider this. Most of the work might be boring, but it's worth a shot. I don't really have good computerskills though, but I've been through some beta testing. F.ex BF 2142 Northern strike.
What type of bugs did you have to documentate?

And was it in-house?

Working in beta teams online is so very different to QA testing in an office. You need to documentate very clearly (with extensive knowledge of the workings of the system/computer/game etc) to the programmers, and others in the production team.
Old 03-08-2007   #13
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
I'm 19 and have a 360, and hell, I'd do it. But I think because it's Rockstar North, it means I'd have to move to Scotland right? I've wanted to go to the UK for a while now, but I don't quite think I'm ready to move there just yet
Old 03-08-2007   #14
I'm a Robot
Look down the barrel and
Loyal Member

I'm a Robot is an unknown quantity at this point
Dammit it isn't fair probably the majority of GTA game players are under the age of 18 dang this stinks
And even if i was 18 or on up i'd have to move and take along plane flight from South Carolina to Scotland.

Last edited by I'm a Robot; 03-08-2007 at 08:16 AM..
I'm a Robot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007   #15
T-Virus
Obscured By Clouds

T-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura about
Oh.. I didn't even think of the location of this. Well, Norway is a bit to far away.
I'm not that certain that most GTA players are below 18. Practicly every dude I know plays GTA, or have played it since GTA 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeroer
What type of bugs did you have to documentate?

And was it in-house?

Working in beta teams online is so very different to QA testing in an office. You need to documentate very clearly (with extensive knowledge of the workings of the system/computer/game etc) to the programmers, and others in the production team.
I only reported glitches in the game actually. From my own living room. I only have basic computer skills, so I'll guess this is not for me. I'm old enough though. Probably the oldest member on this forums
T-Virus is offline   Reply With Quote