Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2007   #16
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Um.. any mod, please close this. This was not the intended discussion
Old 03-11-2007   #17
Kodo

Kodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud of
Sorry I'm a little slow on news but I've posted this on the mainpage. Thanks Slim.

BTW I think I will leave it open since I linked it, but if it gets out of hand PM me and I'll close it.
Kodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007   #18
cyrix
I EAT TREES AND SHIT TABLE LEGS!
Wicked Member

cyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamaya
Why did I get negrepped for this post? I wasn't being a fanboy or whatever, I was pointing out that the cost of the Xbox360 is significantly less than the PS3... And even when this "premium" edition comes out here, if it's $399 in US, here it will be (using a converter) it'll be 206.57 - which is less than what I originally put.

I would not require all the upgrades cyrix kept talking about - HD, wifi, online, in order to actually play Grand Theft Auto IV. Which is what I think I wrote in the first place

ah yes, it appears that is what I said. AND EVEN if I did get Live, it would still cost less than me forking out for a PS3 and then getting the PS3's online service. You know, until it reduces it's price - like what I originally said

I was never ever being a "fanboy". I have never owned an Xbox, I have always owned a Sony console. My reason for saying "to hell with any future Sony games" was because all my current games would not work on the Xbox360 system so I would not buy any more.

I did not require a lecture informing me that in the long term, Xbox 360 is more expensive. And even if it is (which tbh, if all I'm gunna buy is, and just for the point of argument, the more expensive version - 280) this is all I would need to play GTA IV. This is all I was ever interested in. 425 for the PS3 is too much right now, which is why I wrote "If the PS3 doesn't drastically reduce it's price within a year, I will be buying the 360".

And I don't need to be told American prices. And I was never ever trying to persuade anyone into thinking that their own favorite console is better than their own system of choice. At the time of my original post, the only thing I was actually talking about was my own situation.
Please from now on take your issues with your rep, elsewhere. That is not what this forum is for.

~ PH X4 955 4 ghz ~ 4GB G.Skill Ripjaw 1600 ~ MSI Twin Frozr 560 GTX TI ~
~GIGABYTE GA-890FXA-UD5 ~ 2x Intel 510 120GB SSD
cyrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007   #19
RICHIECOQUI

RICHIECOQUI is on a distinguished roadRICHIECOQUI is on a distinguished roadRICHIECOQUI is on a distinguished roadRICHIECOQUI is on a distinguished road
I think this a smart move by rockstar they make it for all console but may i ask a question why rockstar make one fot the ps2 also i mean more have people have ps2 then ps3 right now! can rockstar do that?
RICHIECOQUI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007   #20
fluff
Dead Milkman

fluff is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICHIECOQUI
I think this a smart move by rockstar they make it for all console but may i ask a question why rockstar make one fot the ps2 also i mean more have people have ps2 then ps3 right now! can rockstar do that?
it was the same story here with gta 3 (not sure about usa) more people had a ps1 than 2 but they still left it ps2 exclusive but then again it was proabally a power thing

Bow chick bow wow
fluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007   #21
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICHIECOQUI
It's called moving onto another generation, once a game company feels they have got the best out of a console they move on, Rockstar felt San Andreas was the best the PS2 could do (LCS and VCS were ports) and have now shifted onto the next gen consoles (360 and PS3) but they are still making games for the PS2 such as Manhunt 2 due out sometime this year.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote