Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2007   #16
Cutts
Omniscient
Addicted Member

Cutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud of
Are you 60+?
Cutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007   #17
T-Virus
Obscured By Clouds

T-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura about
nope, 27 are you 60+?

Too bad though. I could like this kinda job.
T-Virus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007   #18
Cutts
Omniscient
Addicted Member

Cutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud of
You should go for it. Think of it as a long vacation.
Cutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007   #19
T-Virus
Obscured By Clouds

T-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura about
Yeah, I'd love it. But I only have limited computer skills, and I run a record shop back here in Norway. I can't really quit this awesome job anytime soon, because I really like it. They should have online testers too
T-Virus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007   #20
Zidane

Zidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond repute
If you weren't required to move, I would totally do it. I've beta tested tons of games before, all but one were done from my own home.

Darn.
Old 03-08-2007   #21
Cpt_Chris
Amateur Member

Cpt_Chris is on a distinguished roadCpt_Chris is on a distinguished road
as cool as that sounds i cant just drop out of college for 8 months wish i could though, think I might have an adequate chance of getting in, being in the industry and all.
Cpt_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007   #22
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
I'd go for it but i'm nowhere near Rockstar sigh..
Old 03-08-2007   #23
nOs jOn
Amateur Member

nOs jOn is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeroer
Few things you should remember when applying, and those with expience know these all too well.

- Testing video games is often a dull and repetitive job.
- The pay is usually like you are doing it for community service.
- In some environments, Q.A testers have a tough time with the "higher" employees in the production team. E.g. programmers.
- Start early, finish late.
- Nothing you see/do/hear will leave the office. You will be in a legal binding contract that will prevent you from letting anyone know what you do.

I can imagine with these projects, there would be severe consequences for leaking the smallest detail.
completely! no one thinks of the bad side when you hear "games tester required"

I was thinking about applying, moving to Scotland for a bit, but with all i'm not really sure I could handle the job, I don't wanna be sick of playing games... And I am pretty sure I would rather see the finished version of GTAIV from the comfort of my own home rather than a in work process..
nOs jOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007   #24
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeroer
/me applies.
I can't believe I didn't think of you when I saw this. You would be perfect!
Old 03-08-2007   #25
voodoo
Highland Member
Veteran Member

voodoo has much to be proud ofvoodoo has much to be proud ofvoodoo has much to be proud ofvoodoo has much to be proud ofvoodoo has much to be proud ofvoodoo has much to be proud ofvoodoo has much to be proud ofvoodoo has much to be proud ofvoodoo has much to be proud ofvoodoo has much to be proud ofvoodoo has much to be proud of
Darn it.

If I had experience and was a good few years older I might just apply for it.

Intel Core i5 750 @3.6Ghz || 8GB Corsair PC310600 || Nvidia GeForce GTX 780
voodoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007   #26
Kodo

Kodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud of
Xeroer nailed it. I'm certain that all of the fun would be taken out of it. I've beta tested before and I know there are ads on g4tv like "cool! i get to play video games all day!" but that's a myth. You have to report things, you have to test boring parts, you can't show anything to anyone, you get to see things you like changed around on a whim, and most of all it can be anywhere from smooth to extremely buggy. If you do encounter a bug you have to report it, and then try to repeat it. You would have to run the character into a wall 100 times, then change his shirt and run him into the wall 100 times, then change the gun and run him 100 times. It can be really frustrating and you'll really bang YOUR head against the wall.

I meet the requirements but I'm going to pass on it for those reasons and not to mention I'm still in college ;p
Kodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007   #27
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
If I met requirements, I agree, I wouldn't want to test and ruin the experience, but with a game as huge as GTA, I believe it would be pretty cool to be one of the testers and get to talk with R* about it, see how it's all done.
Old 03-08-2007   #28
billyboy_999

billyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to behold
My friend would be perfect for this... he can find bugs in programs that didn't exist before
But yeah beta testing sucks... at least you get your name in the credits, but not in any way worth moving to scotland for.

Last edited by billyboy_999; 03-08-2007 at 04:55 PM..
billyboy_999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007   #29
element3215
Eat, sleep, Gta!

element3215 is on a distinguished roadelement3215 is on a distinguished roadelement3215 is on a distinguished roadelement3215 is on a distinguished roadelement3215 is on a distinguished road
it could be for gta...or the new manhunt game.
either way it would be awesome.
element3215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007   #30
Rurouni
Most Wanted

Rurouni is on a distinguished roadRurouni is on a distinguished road
i would want to do it if Im not Messing Up in highschool and Im 18 and over!

Youtube Account - ADD
Rurouni is offline   Reply With Quote