Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2007   #1
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
A bit of GTA IV Soundtrack news...

May be...
Though I, personally, dont think that has anything to do with setting the game in New York.

Huge thanks to K-evin for this signature.
Asif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007   #2
.:nemesis:.
Wicked Member

.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all
It's all pointing to respectable report, but i would still only see it as a rumour.
.:nemesis:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007   #3
Pivac

Pivac is an unknown quantity at this point
Honestly, I wouldn't like to see a GTA set in real world. I just like it the way it was with III, VC and SA: imitation of real cityes, vehicles, locations...

Last edited by Pivac; 03-11-2007 at 04:06 AM..
Pivac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007   #4
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Just because some songs by these guys MIGHT be in GTAIV doesn't mean it will be in New York, past GTA games have had songs from all around, Wave 103 is mostly British New Wave bands.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007   #5
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
I have to agree with Ash, one New York band on the soundtrack doesn't mean anything in terms of location, and every other GTA is proof of that.

I wonder if Rockstar would really let this (or anything else) slip?

Then again, I remember things like the auditioning of voice actors for SA where we got the three character names: Madd Dogg, Maria & Maccer. And I think that was pre March 1st 2004. Also didn't Danny Dyer announce he was in SA well before we knew anything about it. *shrug*
Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007   #6
the punisher
Ham

the punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enough
R* wouldn't let this slip...
Old 03-11-2007   #7
fluff
Dead Milkman

fluff is an unknown quantity at this point
i have one thing to say wooo hardcore

Bow chick bow wow
fluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007   #8
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
I think it's quite strange how a lot of people seem to be pointing to New York as a possible setting. I mean, it's already been done in GTA III and Liberty City Stories. Remember that this will still take place in the "world of GTA" even though the game is going to be all new, Liberty City can't just disappear.

Just in case, I may try to track down some of their songs, just to get a hint of the soundtrack (possibly).
Old 03-11-2007   #9
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
What this DOES say is that the game will take place in the late 80's and up.
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007   #10
nOs jOn
Amateur Member

nOs jOn is an unknown quantity at this point
I am dead sure it will not be in a real name place, you saw the uproar there was with how Haitian people were represented in Vice City.. imagine what there would be if it was named after a real city... R* would get sued by a city for defamation... not to say that other games have done this... but GTA is big business gets alot of attention... being sued by NY... well thats like a million Jack Thompsons running at you at once! aargh!
nOs jOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007   #11
Hell Inferno X2
I'm Batman

Hell Inferno X2 will become famous soon enoughHell Inferno X2 will become famous soon enoughHell Inferno X2 will become famous soon enoughHell Inferno X2 will become famous soon enoughHell Inferno X2 will become famous soon enoughHell Inferno X2 will become famous soon enoughHell Inferno X2 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by nOs jOn
I am dead sure it will not be in a real name place, you saw the uproar there was with how Haitian people were represented in Vice City.. imagine what there would be if it was named after a real city... R* would get sued by a city for defamation... not to say that other games have done this... but GTA is big business gets alot of attention... being sued by NY... well thats like a million Jack Thompsons running at you at once! aargh!

But that hadnt stopped other GTA-style games from using real cities such as True Crime series, The Getaway which even uses real licensed vehicles and these games also use racial stereotypes to progress the plot.
Hell Inferno X2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007   #12
nOs jOn
Amateur Member

nOs jOn is an unknown quantity at this point
yeh but none of those games earn as much money as GTA or as much hype...
nOs jOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007   #13
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by nOs jOn
yeh but none of those games earn as much money as GTA or as much hype...
Honestly, I was more hyped for TCA than I was for SA.

The only thing that will ever beat my hype for VC will be my wedding day, possibly. No guarantees.

As to the soundtrack..just because they said they'd been contacted, doesn't mean they were.

Also, because they said they were, they probably lost out on that deal, if they actually were contacted.
Old 03-11-2007   #14
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olin
What this DOES say is that the game will take place in the late 80's and up.
Didn't even realize that. Thank GOD. Finally will shut those "I WANT IT IN 1915!" people up.
Old 03-11-2007   #15
Bladexen

Bladexen is on a distinguished roadBladexen is on a distinguished road
Hmmm... I just want to point this out... GTA 1 had 3 cities, Vice City, Liberty, and san andrease, they where all in 1 install ment of a engine, and the last one (SA) had 3 citites, could it be possible, GTAIV will start in a WAY WAY WAY more complex version of Los Santos, the next one, complex SF, and Complex Las Venturas. The only problem with that is for gtaIV, Las venturas would have to be 3 cities... But in reality, I think it could be multily cities, big cities that are known like, chicago, salt lake city, atlanta ga, Washington DC, ect. Washington DC would be great, now that I think of it... Trying to sneak into the white house.. Great!
Bladexen is offline   Reply With Quote