Old 03-07-2007   #1
Scott

The boxart..

Do you think it'll keep to the same grid type boxart as the previous 3?

I think they wont. I think they'll change it.

III was the step up from 2D to 3D, so they used a new boxart, one that looked better.

IV is the transition from last gen to current gen (aka next gen). SO I think the boxart will change.

How? No idea.

I'd like to think they'd keep it simple, while making it look better. Nothing OTT that makes it look ghastly.

What about you guys, what's your thoughts?
Old 03-07-2007   #2
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
I think they might change it, or at least change the graphic style, so it's still vector but more realistic, like A Scanner Darkly or something.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007   #3
TheNamelessGuy
tässä lukee jänniä asioita.

TheNamelessGuy has a spectacular aura aboutTheNamelessGuy has a spectacular aura aboutTheNamelessGuy has a spectacular aura aboutTheNamelessGuy has a spectacular aura aboutTheNamelessGuy has a spectacular aura aboutTheNamelessGuy has a spectacular aura aboutTheNamelessGuy has a spectacular aura aboutTheNamelessGuy has a spectacular aura aboutTheNamelessGuy has a spectacular aura aboutTheNamelessGuy has a spectacular aura aboutTheNamelessGuy has a spectacular aura about
Now when you mentioned it, it would be pretty logical to have a new style cover art. I believe it's something new. The logo on the site looks also a bit different compared to the older ones.
Old 03-07-2007   #4
Cutts
Omniscient
Addicted Member

Cutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud of
I think they will keep the 'Grid' idea going, but polish up the pictures, add lighting and shadows, realistic features etc.
Cutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007   #5
Goat
Amateur Member

Goat is on a distinguished roadGoat is on a distinguished road
It'll probably come with some 3-D glasses so you can see it proper like.
Old 03-07-2007   #6
Kodo

Kodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud of
I'm sure it will just be a more realistic and polished style, in the same way that the SA art is an improvement from the GTA3 art. The art team changes around but they aren't going to fire 3 guys and get 3 new ones just for an entirely different style.
Kodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007   #7
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
I'm sure they're going to keep the same style as always, but probably better, more realistic vectors, as they've improved with every new GTA. It would ruin the "look" of my collection if the box art was different
Old 03-07-2007   #8
Scott

Holy shit it's Kodo.

Yeah but slim, GTA, GTA2 and GTA London 1969 all used the same sort of style. Then II, VC and SA all used the same style, which wasn't the same as the originals. Which leads me to believe that GTAIV will most likely use a new style.
Old 03-07-2007   #9
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
I see how you can think that, but personally, I just don't think they'll change up the style, at least unless they changed the logo too. That's what I love about the GTA III - VCS box arts, you can look at them and tell they're GTA and they all go together.
Old 03-07-2007   #10
Scott

Ahh I see what you mean with this. The GTA text is still the same..yeah. I get where your going.

I think if they changed the text it would honestly suck. This generation of games (VC and up..alot of people didnt start till VC) have all had pricedown as the GTA font.

If they changed it now, it would be just..weird.
Old 03-07-2007   #11
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Definitely. There's no better logo than the Pricedown font one. It's GTA's trademark! (literally)
Old 03-07-2007   #12
Lettermaniac
To Die For
Veteran Member

Lettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really nice
I think it'll stay the same. I hope it does too, I wouldn't be totally comfortable with a new style.
Lettermaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007   #13
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
I am eager to see if they are really going break the tradition of putting a helicopter image on the top-left (of viewer's side) corner. :p

Huge thanks to K-evin for this signature.
Asif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007   #14
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Pfft, I doubt they will. It's tradition
Old 03-08-2007   #15
The top Don

The top Don is an unknown quantity at this point
a new style similar to GTA III